Realistic Free Agent candidates?

My wish list of FA who might be within our budget and fit our needs. All have a few years ahead of them, as they are young. Comments?

Pierre Garcon Position: WR Age: 25 ( unfortunately probably will go where Peyton goes)

Curtis Lofton Position: MLB Age: 25

Jason Jones Position: DT Age: 25

John Carlson Position: TE Age: 27

Terrell Thomas Position: CB Age: 26

If you could fill a few holes with a couple of these you could draft an OT with our # 10, if we can’t trade down. Hope Curry is there in the 2nd.

Edited by simpleman

Carl Nicks G Saints. Sleeper pick. One of top guards in game. Levitre-Wood-Nicks would control line scrimmage. Resign Bell and put Hairston at RT= great offensive line. And we could devote entire draft to defense and one WR

Not to mention, that is one young line. Keep them together the next 5 years and we should be set at oline

I'm willing to bet good money that Robert Meachem becomes our #2 receiver. He's a speedster with a lot of talent but hasn't played up to it. I'm not going to say he's my ideal FA signing, but he's the most realistic "Bills choice" guy I can think of. I would also say that Garcon fits that bill but there are rumors he was looking for a FA contract bigger than what Stevie got so you can cross him right off the list for the sheer insanity of that if its true.

Also keep an eye on Manny Lawson, the OLB out of Cincy.

I think the only "big name" FA the Bills go after is one of the CBs, Carr or Finnegan. I doubt they get either, but they'll at least attempt it.

Edited by BillsGuyBackInMalta

Laurent Robinson WR Dal

Brandon Lloyd WR StL

Mario Manningham WR NYG

Kyle Orton QB KC

Chad Henne QB MIA

John Carlson TE SEA

these are some sleepers on offense that will be second tier players that would fill an important role on this team

I like Meachem's speed and big play ability but that guy drops a lot of passes. I would be happy if we got him but happier if we got Laurent Robinson or Garcon

Really? I could have sworn I read somewhere his drop percentage is less than Colstons. Could be wrong on that.. Ill try to find the link.

I like Meachem's speed and big play ability but that guy drops a lot of passes. I would be happy if we got him but happier if we got Laurent Robinson or Garcon

Neither of the two dropped more than 5 passes last season. They didn't even make the drops listing, but David Nelson did:

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=

A WR is going to drop a ball every once in a while, that's a fact, unless you're Larry Fitzgerald or Jerry Rice. Those types of players are very few and far between I would say. Welker had, arguably, the biggest drop of them all. I would still like to have him on our team.

With the full court press that the bills players are making with Vincent Jackson.....I think it is realistic we could get him.....

I would like to get Vincent Jackson and Kambron Wimbley.....

I dont see another high profile TE in free agency.....not with Chandler signed......I also dont see corners.

If you get a quality WR and DE in free agency....it allows us to either take BPA or even trade down and take a linebacker

No he doesn't. Where do you get that from?

On a side note, Carl Nix is my sleeper pick for the Bills.

Edited by purple haze

Carl Nicks G Saints. Sleeper pick. One of top guards in game. Levitre-Wood-Nicks would control line scrimmage. Resign Bell and put Hairston at RT= great offensive line. And we could devote entire draft to defense and one WR

Not to mention, that is one young line. Keep them together the next 5 years and we should be set at oline

Doubt they gave Pears a decent contract to start Hairston over him

Laurent Robinson WR Dal

Brandon Lloyd WR StL

Mario Manningham WR NYG

Kyle Orton QB KC

Chad Henne QB MIA

John Carlson TE SEA

these are some sleepers on offense that will be second tier players that would fill an important role on this team

Would love to land Lloyd and Robinson. Imagine that WR set w/ Stevie and sometimes CJ and Chandler. Doubt its affordable, but then we could draft an OT and all D.

Edited by RyanC883