Sick of Over-priced Razors?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all commercials were this good I wouldn't bother fastforwarding through them.

So true...I've never understood commercials that play it straight. Who cares about that?? People do their research online now anyway. Make the commercial "must see tv" and you'll get better results from that 30 second spot than you could possibly imagine. Hell, half the board has already had a damn southwest patty melt from Carls Jr/Hardees...and there's a reason why. If I were CEO of a company, I'd ALWAYS have cutting edge advertising that made people talk. Viral marketing is the most powerful tool businesses have available to them today...whey they don't focus on this is beyond me.

So true...I've never understood commercials that play it straight. Who cares about that?? People do their research online now anyway. Make the commercial "must see tv" and you'll get better results from that 30 second spot than you could possibly imagine. Hell, half the board has already had a damn southwest patty melt from Carls Jr/Hardees...and there's a reason why. If I were CEO of a company, I'd ALWAYS have cutting edge advertising that made people talk. Viral marketing is the most powerful tool businesses have available to them today...whey they don't focus on this is beyond me.

Well put. Bizarre is the way to go, especially with the dawn of tivo where people can strategically miss commercials.

As far as major corporations go, I think Old Spice is ahead of the curve...even they have to find something new though, they've been milking the p-p-p-p-power thing for a year now.

Do what I do: wet shave using a safety razor. I replace the blade every 4 or 5 (sometimes 6 if it can take it) shaves, and pay less than $0.20 per blade.

Exactly... You can get more miles out of them if you can handle it not so smooth. Also: Let your blade sit in mineral oil (or even olive oil).

Exactly... You can get more miles out of them if you can handle it not so smooth. Also: Let your blade sit in mineral oil (or even olive oil).

More miles out of your blade? "Not-so-smooth"? Blue-collar scum! :D

More miles out of your blade? "Not-so-smooth"? Blue-collar scum! :D

All the candy arses and the people @ Gillette would cringe if they see how many miles I get out of their razors! You know that blue strip? HA! If it still intact, the razor is working! :D Cripes... They's have me changing after one-two shaves... And no way am I financing Tom Brady's home venue anymore than I have too!

Well put. Bizarre is the way to go, especially with the dawn of tivo where people can strategically miss commercials.

As far as major corporations go, I think Old Spice is ahead of the curve...even they have to find something new though, they've been milking the p-p-p-p-power thing for a year now.

I miss the Bruce Campbell one where he just rambles on and on for the entire commercial.