Okay, now I feel a little more comfortable making a mock draft

1. Jonathan Martin OT Stanford-This to me is a safe pick. I know some really want a WR here but after hearing what Buddy said today, it seems he likes his receivers right now. he did mention he might add one through FA or the draft, and we will get to that later. I don't think D. Bell is worth the risk, yes, when he did play he played well, but at such an important position on the line I don't want to play OL musical chairs mid way through the season like last year. I would still resign Bell, but keep him for depth purposes.

2. Vinny Curry DE Marshall-I actually think its smart for Buddy to wait on a pass rusher. I think Curry has just as much potential as any pass rusher that is projected to go in the first. The only knock on him is that he never really played against elite talent. That being said in his senior year he was constantly facing double teams and was still producing good numbers, thats good enough for me. Plus with Dareus, and a 100% Williams clogging up the middle, demanding double teams, leaves Curry to go 1 on 1. I like those odds. And if Curry thrives, he will demand double teams, leaving either Dareus or Williams 1 on 1. I like those odds as well. A win win!

3. Tommy Streeter WR Miami-Now here's where we will answer our possible No.2 receiver. The Bills might make a run at Vincent Jackson in FA, but I think other teams with more cap space like NE, will snatch him up. BUT THATS OK! Because we will pick up Streeter. This guy fits the mold of everything Buddy wants in a receiver, tall and fast. Here we will get the deep threat that was missing last year.

4a.Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M-I really think Buddy is going to go all out to get Brandon Carr if he hits FA (which I think is going to happen). Carr might be our big FA signing, and I'm okay with that. Buddy did say though he wants 2 more corners, enter Judie.

4b.Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin-Ok I hear all the complaints about his height. BUT!! I think this guy has just as much upside as Luck, and RGIII. If Wilson makes the transition smoothly he could be just as dangerous as the 2 other QB's mention if they also make a smooth transition. I'd rather have a back up/potential groomer thats someone who has a measurable defect and has unbelievable upside, rather than someone who looks like a QB but... well I guess thats it, they just look like a QB. Plus I think Wilson would THRIVE! under Chan's system. Let's pick the kid up and see what he's got. If he sucks, no real skin off our backs.

Now the rest of the Draft should have three things in mind and they are 1. Depth 2.Depth and 3. Depth. O wait there's a 4th and that Depth. Depth in the LB's, and the OL especially.

Well thats my 2 cents. Tell me what you think.

1. Jonathan Martin OT Stanford-This to me is a safe pick. I know some really want a WR here but after hearing what Buddy said today, it seems he likes his receivers right now. he did mention he might add one through FA or the draft, and we will get to that later. I don't think D. Bell is worth the risk, yes, when he did play he played well, but at such an important position on the line I don't want to play OL musical chairs mid way through the season like last year. I would still resign Bell, but keep him for depth purposes.

2. Vinny Curry DE Marshall-I actually think its smart for Buddy to wait on a pass rusher. I think Curry has just as much potential as any pass rusher that is projected to go in the first. The only knock on him is that he never really played against elite talent. That being said in his senior year he was constantly facing double teams and was still producing good numbers, thats good enough for me. Plus with Dareus, and a 100% Williams clogging up the middle, demanding double teams, leaves Curry to go 1 on 1. I like those odds. And if Curry thrives, he will demand double teams, leaving either Dareus or Williams 1 on 1. I like those odds as well. A win win!

3. Tommy Streeter WR Miami-Now here's where we will answer our possible No.2 receiver. The Bills might make a run at Vincent Jackson in FA, but I think other teams with more cap space like NE, will snatch him up. BUT THATS OK! Because we will pick up Streeter. This guy fits the mold of everything Buddy wants in a receiver, tall and fast. Here we will get the deep threat that was missing last year.

4a.Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M-I really think Buddy is going to go all out to get Brandon Carr if he hits FA (which I think is going to happen). Carr might be our big FA signing, and I'm okay with that. Buddy did say though he wants 2 more corners, enter Judie.

4b.Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin-Ok I hear all the complaints about his height. BUT!! I think this guy has just as much upside as Luck, and RGIII. If Wilson makes the transition smoothly he could be just as dangerous as the 2 other QB's mention if they also make a smooth transition. I'd rather have a back up/potential groomer thats someone who has a measurable defect and has unbelievable upside, rather than someone who looks like a QB but... well I guess thats it, they just look like a QB. Plus I think Wilson would THRIVE! under Chan's system. Let's pick the kid up and see what he's got. If he sucks, no real skin off our backs.

Now the rest of the Draft should have three things in mind and they are 1. Depth 2.Depth and 3. Depth. O wait there's a 4th and that Depth. Depth in the LB's, and the OL especially.

Would not be disappointed with any of them

I like Martin over Bell, Curry over everyone we have, and Streeter's one of the better big WR's in this draft. However, there's a big WR in almost every round (RD3=Dwight Jones, RD5=Brian Quick, RD6=Damarlo Belcher, RD7=Lavoisier Tuinei) so there has to be a valid reason to take WR over CB at RD3.

reasonable excepting consideration of VJ. i cant see that now. A free agent wr should be picked up in my opinion, and we know the list that would fit our budget. But we should upgrade at #2 with Steven signed.

Martin i can understand and good pick, just not my pick.

Curry i have a man crush on so i am not reasonable and will be delighted if he lands at 41.

Streeter i have read good things about. Our 3 4a 4b should be a WR and or pass rushers.

Cb is an issue. not sure we will pay big for one. Also, i am not sure we won't get at # 1pick. if it falls to us and i think it might.

I like Martin over Bell, Curry over everyone we have, and Streeter's one of the better big WR's in this draft. However, there's a big WR in almost every round (RD3=Dwight Jones, RD5=Brian Quick, RD6=Damarlo Belcher, RD7=Lavoisier Tuinei) so there has to be a valid reason to take WR over CB at RD3.

Jones and Quick are good, and big, but Streeter is faster.

reasonable excepting consideration of VJ. i cant see that now. A free agent wr should be picked up in my opinion, and we know the list that would fit our budget. But we should upgrade at #2 with Steven signed.

Martin i can understand and good pick, just not my pick.

Curry i have a man crush on so i am not reasonable and will be delighted if he lands at 41.

Streeter i have read good things about. Our 3 4a 4b should be a WR and or pass rushers.

Cb is an issue. not sure we will pay big for one. Also, i am not sure we won't get at # 1pick. if it falls to us and i think it might.

After seeing how aggressive The Bills were on Routte early this off season, I really think Buddy wants an experienced corner. The only way Martin is not our pick, is if by some miraculous happenings, Claibourne drops to us.

I can see you have a valid point. an upgrade at corner must surely be in mind. I was pleased with how business was done with T McGee. Yes. i think it's too early to call who might rise and hopefully some folks trade ahead of us shifting the bpa a bit.

It's a decent mock Ryan. thanks.

Edited by 3rdand12

Can definitely see an LT with our 1st round pick. If injury-prone Bell is gonna command a decent contract, and you can get a starting caliber LT at pick #10, you do it. #10 pick last year was Gabbert and he signed a 4 year $12m contract with option for a 5th year. Upgrading an important position while spending less to do so makes a lot of sense.

No doubt there will be a decent pass rushing prospect on the board for us in the 2nd round, but will Curry last that long? Seems a lot of people are impressed with him.

Yeah, thats always the fear whenever you plan too far ahead on any mock draft. As we all know after the top 5, anything goes as far as predicting who drafts who.

Some might say Curry had a "bad" combine. That could really work for the Bills favor.

Can definitely see an LT with our 1st round pick. If injury-prone Bell is gonna command a decent contract, and you can get a starting caliber LT at pick #10, you do it. #10 pick last year was Gabbert and he signed a 4 year $12m contract with option for a 5th year. Upgrading an important position while spending less to do so makes a lot of sense.

Yeah certainly. And I don't think our line is bad. I think its average. With putting someone like Martin in there could possibly push us to the above average, maybe even great if the line stays relatively healthy for most of next season.

I think trying to predict the 42nd pick is really difficult, and trying to predict picks all into the 4th round is ridiculous...

I like it :)

Russell Wilson sucks IMO. I'd rather have just about any qb in the draft. He's fast, that's about it.

He has great accuracy, arm strength, and one of the cleanest fastest releases in recent memory, and yes I'm including Luck and RGIII in that comparison. I can see a bankable argument about his size limiting him too much in the NFL, but you can't deny the kid has had a great college career. I just think if he can "get" the next level and over come his height defect, he would be amazing.

im not to into russel wilson and think that they could go after kirk cousins if he falls a bit. he very much like ponder just without the injury concerns and nix/gailey liked him a lot. but im guessing cousins could go in the second. i like osweiler too but he will be gone by the 3rd as well i think. if wilson is there in the 7th and the bills havent drafted another QB earlier then id be ok with it but im just not a big fan of his

I think its OT at 10. Buddy/Gailey dont bluff, and they have said they arent excited about DE early in the draft. They signed Stevie, so its OT all the way. Take it to the bank.

Also, there will be at least one CB drafted, and probably in the first 4 rounds. Nix has said you should draft at least one cb every year:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/02/fan-friday-3-2/

(see item #3)

I think its OT at 10. Buddy/Gailey dont bluff, and they have said they arent excited about DE early in the draft. They signed Stevie, so its OT all the way. Take it to the bank.

Also, there will be at least one CB drafted, and probably in the first 4 rounds. Nix has said you should draft at least one cb every year:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/02/fan-friday-3-2/

(see item #3)

How incredible this site would be if after all the mock drafts and why this guy will/won't fit in to our system usually about the DL or LB ... that we draft Janoris Jenkins or Dre Kirkpatrick. Then watch as all the guys we've fallen in love with go off the board... Bye Upshaw good Luck with the Jets. Bye Hightower .. see you against your Chargers.. Hey Coples just got drafted. Kendall Wright is gone Right. Dwayne Allen off.

It will be a miserable evening if we go off the board for a CB but I'm starting to think it will be Martin/DeCastro or CB. We'll see...

And the when Curry goes right before our pick and we someone from a small school that noone's seen play before this place will go nuts.

It's like getting two Christmas presents. The first one is okay but it would been better for your neighbor or a friend to have that present. And then the second gift is something that has to be assembled... and the directions are in French.

It's all good but Russell, unless we draft a QB to replace fitz don't draft one at all. I'd rather bring in some one Like Rex Grossman, Brady Quinn or shaun Hill to replace thiggy.