Luke Kuechly at 10

Of the of the LB's, the only one that is good is Barnett. Sheppard is unproven, and Morrison is a journeyman. I know what the team needs are, but reaching for a WR or LT is a mistake. I don't think any of the WR that are expected to still be on the board are worthy of the 10th pick (and rookie WR's don't often have an immediate impact), and I don't know what LT will be there at 10.

A journeyman that can start at least until a draft pick is ready, and I think we can do that with a 2nd- or 3rd-day pick.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather get Hightower because he can play strong side lb in a 4-3

I would rather get Hightower because he can play strong side lb in a 4-3

Not as well as Kuechly. He is faster, and has better instincts than Hightower. He will be drafted before Hightower.

A journeyman that can start at least until a draft pick is ready, and I think we can do that with a 2nd- or 3rd-day pick.

Sure, they could approach it that way too. That could be said about ANY position. But if he is the BPA, he would be a wise choice, because it is a position of need.

I would love the pick. We should go Def in the 1st round. Dictate from that side of the ball. The draft is deep in Tackles, we can get one in Rd. 2. The draft is not deep in impact defensive players.

I would love a great LT or WR, and I don't think they should do anything but get the BPA. I guess why I posted is because I think if they do go defense, I don't think they need another D-lineman. I'm thinking that the best way to improve what they now have defensively is by adding a 3-down SSLB that is good in coverage (especially to cover TE's) because I expect teams to attack them with quick passes.

Luke Kuechly in my opinion, is one of the best linebackers to come out of the draft since Patrick Willis. By far my favorite prospect in the draft this year. I'll be honest, before watching his tape, I thought he'd be another Poz. Instead, the guy is awesome in coverage and just flies around the field. He ran a 4.5 forty at the combine which is crazy fast for his size/position. The guy would've had over 200 tackles last year if BC got a Bowl game. He's fast and extremely instinctive. And he's only 20 years old, so he could put on another 10 pounds if needed.

Here's some tape:

Praying we draft this guy at 10. I've never been more sure on a player. He'd make an impact right away too. Hypothetically speaking, if the Bills drafted him and he played 10+ seasons with us, I'd say there's a better chance of his name going on the Wall of Fame, than not. I cannot praise the guy enough.

Luke Kuechly in my opinion, is one of the best linebackers to come out of the draft since Patrick Willis. By far my favorite prospect in the draft this year. I'll be honest, before watching his tape, I thought he'd be another Poz. Instead, the guy is awesome in coverage and just flies around the field. He ran a 4.5 forty at the combine which is crazy fast for his size/position. The guy would've had over 200 tackles last year if BC got a Bowl game. He's fast and extremely instinctive. And he's only 20 years old, so he could put on another 10 pounds if needed.

Here's some tape:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbpNkBiLDeU

Praying we draft this guy at 10. I've never been more sure on a player. He'd make an impact right away too. Hypothetically speaking, if the Bills drafted him and he played 10+ seasons with us, I'd say there's a better chance of his name going on the Wall of Fame, than not. I cannot praise the guy enough.

I am just starting to study up on him. There doesn't seem to be great value at LT or WR at the 10th pick. A 3down linebacker would be gold to this defense. if he is as Urlacher-esque as he is being portrayed, it would be silly to just pick the 3rd ranked LT, or a receiver that wouldn't bring a new facet to the offense.

His scouting report: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90802&draftyear=2013&genpos=ILB

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I have him at #7 on my draft board, meaning I would love to get him at 10.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142667-your-official-draft-board/page__p__2394629__fromsearch__1#entry2394629

And the fact that many mocks have going to Seattle and Philly, he should be there at 10. Since he will probably be there at ten makes me want him to be a Bill even more.

For all those who are wanting Jonathan Martin at #10. If they are truly going BPA (which you know Nix will), take a look at who's consistently ranked considerably higher than him...

GBNReport:

9. Luke Kuechly

17. Jonathan Martin

NationalFootballPost:

7. Luke Kuechly

62. Jonathan Martin

DraftCountdown:

10. Luke Kuechly

27. Jonathan Martin

DraftTek:

8. Luke Kuechly

25. Jonathan Martin

I think the Bills end up drafting Claiborne, Kuechly or DeCastro. All three have pro bowl level talent and one (or even two) will no doubt be there at our pick.

Edited by 1billsfan

What little video I've watched of him he doesn't appear to be a very physical player.

Also as discussed in an earlier Keuchly thread, the consensus here was that you simply don't take an ILB that highly in the draft.

That discussion mentioned Patrick Willis, AJ Hawk… surprised this wasn't merged.

Do you prefer him to Hightower? I for one totally do not.

Edited by Bill from NYC

major bump to this thread now that we have signed Anderson, no way in hell are we taking DL at #10. If Kuechly is there at 10, our MLB position will be filled for the next decade and our defense will be pretty sick (imo). i'm salivating.

Edited by bobobonators

That would be so strong of a move...This offseason would be a huge statement:

AFC East - you're all fukng warned!

Kuechley - Barnett - Merriman (I know...It just looks better with his name here)

Williams - Williams - Dareus - Anderson

Edited by filthymcnasty08

major bump to this thread now that we have signed Anderson, no way in hell are we taking DL at #10. If Kuechly is there at 10, our MLB position will be filled for the next decade and our defense will be pretty sick (imo). i'm salivating.

I disagree, a little. I would still be VERY interested in Melvin Ingram, but if he is gone, I think I'd be quite happy with Kuechly.

I disagree, a little. I would still be VERY interested in Melvin Ingram, but if he is gone, I think I'd be quite happy with Kuechly.

I read somewhere we have committed something like 58 million in cash to the DL this year, which is almost half of the entire salary cap. There is zero chance IMO we devote another 10 million or so to the #10 overall pick to (not) play DE, especially when we have at least two glaring needs at LT and WR.

after addressing the DL, without question. I feel he is a 2nd tier player, almost elite. Plug him into the Middle move Kelvin out to Sam, and Barnett at Will and we see a rather strong 7 man front.

I have him at #7 on my draft board, meaning I would love to get him at 10.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142667-your-official-draft-board/page__p__2394629__fromsearch__1#entry2394629

You, actually have a draft board ? Nice

Ingram is still a stud. who can play standing up. I don't think we would take him now, however. This may put CB back into play(not my choice) if we don't go with LT.