Bills are Rolling Over 2011 Cap Money

jjmac

does anyone have the answer of what was the cap hit for Bills rookie signings last year? Since the bills are picking in similar spots, it should not be terrible different this year. maybe a mil or two. I know, what if a mil or two was not a big deal to us! ha

This would help me/us to understand what is actually left to sign FA.

does anyone have the answer of what was the cap hit for Bills rookie signings last year? Since the bills are picking in similar spots, it should not be terrible different this year. maybe a mil or two. I know, what if a mil or two was not a big deal to us! ha

This would help me/us to understand what is actually left to sign FA.

You can look up the cap hits on http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap-hit/

The rookie cap hit was just under $10 million.

The actual cash spent was just over twice that much.

Thats if i didnt mess up- i did a quick estimation. (Two a.m., too many beers, too lazy to use calculator.)

Throw another $3.4m in when you release Dwan Edwards. I'll bet the release happens either right before or right after they sign a FA OLB43 like one of these 5:

* is PFF rating

last number is number of plays they were on the field for

Erin Henderson-------MIN-----21.7*---590

Jarret Johnson---------BAL-----18.5----771

Mario Williams--------HOU-----10.4----225

Manny Lawson----------CIN-----10.2----489

Anthony Spencer---------DAL-----10.1----939

Philip Wheeler---------IND------9.3----537

You can look up the cap hits on http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap-hit/

The rookie cap hit was just under $10 million.

The actual cash spent was just over twice that much.

Thats if i didnt mess up- i did a quick estimation. (Two a.m., too many beers, too lazy to use calculator.)

Dude, what's up???? You assured us last week that the Bills would not rollover their unused cap space. Now your whole "cash to the cap" is an absolute thing is messed up because the cap to get cashed is higher.

Fortunately for us the "bad source" press is getting directed at Wawrow's source. We can weather this, but it may require some Buffalo Wild Wings-like shenanigans. What's your plan? :bag:

Dude, what's up???? You assured us last week that the Bills would not rollover their unused cap space. Now your whole "cash to the cap" is an absolute thing is messed up because the cap to get cashed is higher.

Fortunately for us the "bad source" press is getting directed at Wawrow's source. We can weather this, but it may require some Buffalo Wild Wings-like shenanigans. What's your plan? :bag:

Stop being such a try hard. It gets higher for almost every team.

If this was part of the plan in getting Evans off the books early and not spending big in 2011, I might say the Bills look smart. Let's see how wisely, and how much, they spend in 2012.

Trading Lee Evans reduced his cap figure for 2012, but he still counts a little over $2.3 million against the Bills 2012 salary cap:

http://nyjetscap.com/Bills/bills2012.php

I agree that it will be interesting to see how much of the available 2012 cap space the Bills actually spend, and for which players.

I get you bro', that's your job. I didn't mean to doubt you. You are just slumpin', don't get shook. :devil:

No worries "yo". We all make mistakes so don't feel bad. Sorry if i rattled you by sticking to the facts.

Edited by Danny