Mike Wallace

Anyway, who i their right mind thinks that Wallace would want to come to Buffalo after being to the SB with the Steelers

As an RFA it might be the only outside offer he would get, and with that high of a pick it may make sense for the Steelers not to match. Not that I want it to happen.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming Stevie re signs and Easley and Parrish and Jones (all speed guys, BTW) are 100%, what has changed from last year when Chan/Nix said we were loaded enough at WR tp trade Evans away? I think injuries have an "out of sight, out of mind" effect on the average fan. No WR early in the draft please. We have plenty of them. Lets keep them on the field. That is the problem.

We lack receivers that attack the ball and that play with speed. It would be great if could find that late in the draft. Free agency may be the way to go but as far as the draft I would address the WR in the rounds where we have extra picks. Look at the small schools, might find some gems there.

Say we were able to retain Stevie and address the pass rush through free agency.. would anyone be willing to give up a 1st rounder in compensation for Wallace? I'd be pretty tempted considering the lack of talent coming out in the draft.

Swap 1's with the Steelers and give them a 3rd with it. That I'd do.

Could be wrong, but I believe if you look up the values - the difference between our 1st round positions might be close to a late 1st.

Edited by BobChalmers

I just feel like if we were truly serious about winning next year that this is the type of move this team needs to make. what potential pick at 10 would make as much of an impact for us next year?

LB or DE, at a much lower salary and for a longer period of time. Despite my complaints about the offensive weapons we have at WR DEFENSE is a actually a much bigger problem.

Say we were able to retain Stevie and address the pass rush through free agency.. would anyone be willing to give up a 1st rounder in compensation for Wallace? I'd be pretty tempted considering the lack of talent coming out in the draft.

He's a small target speed guy and Fitz is a highly inaccurate downfield passer. The Bills need a downfield target who can also go up and take the ball away from a smaller DB because Fitz is just plain erratic over 20 yards.

Steelers expected to make a first round tender offer as he is a restricted FA. How many would give up the number ten pick for him? He would certainly have a greater impact than a rookie WR. Probably would cost more to sign than the number 10 pick, especially up front as the deal would need to be structured in a way that the Steelers couldn't match. The Steelers have significant cap issues. Maybe the Bills can pull a Will Wolford scenario on the Steelers. People seem to be leaning more towards LT on the board lately and I would not be upset with that. However a WR corps of Wallace, Johnson, and Easley/Nelson/Jones at WR with Hairston at LT would be fine with me.

The Steelers reworked Big Ben's contract too.

Here's a scenario for RG III fans:

The only way this works is to trade our 2nd round picks in '12 & '13 to Rams & our 1st round picks in '12-'13 to the Rams for pick #2 and take RG III. Dump Fitz and his contract before March 8th bonus, and get Mike Wallace and resign Stevie. That's too much IMO.

Edited by BiggieScooby

It makes zero sense.

Michael Floyd has a higher ceiling and Mike Wallace is a bigger Lee Evans.

Lee Evans didn't fit this offense. Its not liktely Mike Wallave would.

A broken down Lee Evans doesn't fit any offense. It's not a "scheme" thing, it's a "no longer has starter talent" thing. See how well he fit in the Ravens' offense this year?

A BIGGER Lee Evans isn't Lee Evans anymore. A bigger YOUNGER Lee Evans is what's called a superstar NFL WR.

Having said that - WR is awfully deep this year, expecially with all the FA's - I don't think I'd give a #10 overall for one I wasn't thinking was the next Calvin/Andre/Fitzgerald.

Mike Wallace puts up some gaudy numbers so I wanted to check him out to get more info. Steeler fans are saying that he is a one trick pony who can only run the streak route (sound familiar) also they call into question his hands. Another thing they add is that Antonio Brown is the more complete receiver. There were many comparisons to Nate Washington on the board. He is a good player maybe will end up being a great player but #10 is to much for him. Consider that the #10 pick will get a much smaller contract than Wallace will command and it doesn't make financial sense either. If he was an out and out free agent yes, for our #10 and big bucks no.

A broken down Lee Evans doesn't fit any offense. It's not a "scheme" thing, it's a "no longer has starter talent" thing. See how well he fit in the Ravens' offense this year?

A BIGGER Lee Evans isn't Lee Evans anymore. A bigger YOUNGER Lee Evans is what's called a superstar NFL WR.

Having said that - WR is awfully deep this year, expecially with all the FA's - I don't think I'd give a #10 overall for one I wasn't thinking was the next Calvin/Andre/Fitzgerald.

See Below:

Mike Wallace puts up some gaudy numbers so I wanted to check him out to get more info. Steeler fans are saying that he is a one trick pony who can only run the streak route (sound familiar) also they call into question his hands. Another thing they add is that Antonio Brown is the more complete receiver. There were many comparisons to Nate Washington on the board. He is a good player maybe will end up being a great player but #10 is to much for him. Consider that the #10 pick will get a much smaller contract than Wallace will command and it doesn't make financial sense either. If he was an out and out free agent yes, for our #10 and big bucks no.

By " a bigger Lee Evans" I mean all the guy does is run the streak route. I've seen enough Steelers games to know how he plays. He is nota fit on the Bills because the Bills cannot successfully execute long passing plays when they had Lee Evans. I don't think Lee Evans was slow or broken down in 2010.

Free Agency is pretty deep at WR, over spend to keep Stevie or sign a free Agent or lose a first round pick to obtain a guy who will want a big contract eventually. Wallace isn't worth a #10 pic, Roethlisburgers scrambling ability and arm strength makes Wallace look better than he is, Fitz has neither..move on

Steelers expected to make a first round tender offer as he is a restricted FA. How many would give up the number ten pick for him? He would certainly have a greater impact than a rookie WR. Probably would cost more to sign than the number 10 pick, especially up front as the deal would need to be structured in a way that the Steelers couldn't match. The Steelers have significant cap issues. Maybe the Bills can pull a Will Wolford scenario on the Steelers. People seem to be leaning more towards LT on the board lately and I would not be upset with that. However a WR corps of Wallace, Johnson, and Easley/Nelson/Jones at WR with Hairston at LT would be fine with me.

Stevie Johnson + #10 pick + cash to spend elsewhere >> Mike Wallace

Love Wallace, but the price is too high and defense is a bigger issue. Plus I dont think Fitz could get the ball to him downfield anyway. He'd be wasted with our QB.

Good points. Plus, I think at 10 we could draft a WR who will be as good as Wallace and cost much less. I'm not oppossed to going offense in the first, as long as DE/OLB is addressed after that.