If Stevie Johnson is not retained by the Buffalo Bills

Estro

if stevie if not retained it will be a big disappointment , unless there is a clear plan excuted /

lets say Gailey has had it with stevie , Buddy some how talks V jackson into signing then they follow that up with a speedy w.r like gascon , manningham, or meacham .

I could live with that scenerio

That would be acceptable. But a VERY GOOD plan B like you described would have to be in place. We need either Steve and or Jackson, AND someoen like garcon, manningham (my preference) or meacham.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always smile when fans say they will leave if......

They all stay.

I have no opinion about SJ leaving because I won't know what he turned down but there is no way that I would give him superstar money. Dropping big passes and giving the opposing team 15 yards on kickoffs prevents him from being considered great.

Then I think he will be playing for someone else. It will hurt us short term, but long term we will recover. If letting him go is part of a long term plan to get better, then I'm fine with it. And the last 10 years doesn't count, as the current front office wasn't here.

Then I think he will be playing for someone else. It will hurt us short term, but long term we will recover. If letting him go is part of a long term plan to get better, then I'm fine with it. And the last 10 years doesn't count, as the current front office wasn't here.

The good old long term plan.....How does that work? Another 12 years w/o playoffs? I would prefer the one year plan where a putrid team like the 49ers turn into playoff contenders in one year with a competent coach. I don't have another 12 years for "chan's plan" This is depressing stuff

Dude, Im a big supporter of the "long term plan", but that same re-build plan should only be/need 3-4 years. We're already heading into year 3. Starting year 3 by letting your best WR walk is not good.

The correct way to execute the "long term plan" would be to sign your 7th round pick-turned star to a 5-6 year deal.

Otherwise, it's just spinning the wheels and making no progress in that plan.

Ive been very patient and supportive of Nix and it taking a few seasons to re-build. But I disagree that we get better by letting Stevie go. If we do, it will be a setback in the plan, not part of it.

Dude, Im a big supporter of the "long term plan", but that same re-build plan should only be/need 3-4 years. We're already heading into year 3. Starting year 3 by letting your best WR walk is not good.

The correct way to execute the "long term plan" would be to sign your 7th round pick-turned star to a 5-6 year deal.

Otherwise, it's just spinning the wheels and making no progress in that plan.

Ive been very patient and supportive of Nix and it taking a few seasons to re-build. But I disagree that we get better by letting Stevie go. If we do, it will be a setback in the plan, not part of it.

My long term plan would be to resign him and move him to the slot, but I would be fine in letting him go- as long as we have a viable plan in place and that fits into it.

Another part of my plan would be to make Mario Williams the highest paid player in the NFL and to add Hines Ward.

I always smile when fans say they will leave if......

They all stay.

I have no opinion about SJ leaving because I won't know what he turned down but there is no way that I would give him superstar money. Dropping big passes and giving the opposing team 15 yards on kickoffs prevents him from being considered great.

That's why I never make that threat, because I know I'll never go through with it. No matter how disappointing and depressing the team itself gets, it's still something that connects me to Western New York no matter where I live. I won't give up that kinship with my fellow WNYers no matter what. But I *will* B word and moan when things aren't going well.

For those fans who are also season-ticket holders, their threats to give up their tickets are much more tangible and realistic. That's a lot of money to commit to a sub-par product when you can watch at least half the games on TV for free.

My long term plan would be to resign him and move him to the slot, but I would be fine in letting him go- as long as we have a viable plan in place and that fits into it.

Another part of my plan would be to make Mario Williams the highest paid player in the NFL and to add Hines Ward.

As long as you're using your time machine to add the Hines Ward from 2007, I'm on board.

I dont think the Bills are planning on bringing in 3 new/different starting WRs, so I doubt letting him go is even close to being part of the build-to-win plan.

I agree with your plan to re-sign Stevie, and throw $100mil+ (imo) at Williams. Not so much on Ward, but no biggie either way.

Find out who they are and their situations, and then get back to me on wanting Ralph gone.

I see where you're going with this...

But 1st off the new Sabers Owner has had what? One Year? Not exactly enough time to make any concrete judgments on the moves thus-far... But also, you would have to be assuming the Bills new regime would be as poor in evaluating the talent they decide to pay...Pegula decided to stick with Darcy and Lindy...What if The new Bills Ownership blows it up? You never know...And at this point, IMHO, assuming new Ownership will not be a HUGE step in the right direction for The Bills is just crazy...It's the Teams biggest need by a country mile...Everyone knows it...To argue the opposite is just being devils advocate for the sake of being devils advocate... :lol:

I see where you're going with this...

But 1st off the new Sabers Owner has had what? One Year? Not exactly enough time to make any concrete judgments on the moves thus-far... But also, you would have to be assuming the Bills new regime would be as poor in evaluating the talent they decide to pay...Pegula decided to stick with Darcy and Lindy...What if The new Bills Ownership blows it up? You never know...And at this point, IMHO, assuming new Ownership will not be a HUGE step in the right direction for The Bills is just crazy...It's the Teams biggest need by a country mile...Everyone knows it...To argue the opposite is just being devils advocate for the sake of being devils advocate... :lol:

At this point, I have WAAAAAY more confidence in Nix and Whaley than I do in Darcy Regier, when it comes to evaluating talent.

If we could pair Nix/Whaley with Pegula, we might just be onto something. As it stands, both teams are failing in one aspect.

What skills does steve have that makes you think hes a slot receiver?

Lets just hope they make the right choice and sign SJ.

It would create a huge hole on the offense and they wouldnt be able to replace him with a draft pick. There is no on who can step up and fill in the way SJ does.

That is probably why they were able to trade Evans as SJ was already a big contributer to the offense and they could afford to part ways with Lee.

IMO I dont think the Bills can afford to part ways with SJ. We have no one who could step up and be a legit #1 WR.

SJ is only 25 and the Bills need him and I agree with whoever said that if they dont resign him then they are saying they dont care about winning.

Lets just hope the Bills dont get back to their old habbits and let players walk after their contract is up and not shell out the money needed to keep them here

What skills does steve have that makes you think hes a slot receiver?

Despite his numbers against Revis, I just don't see him as an elite outside guy, but I think he could be extremely productive and could detroy a safety or linebacker.