Sources: Steelers may release Ward.

#34fan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we have to endure these type of threads after every single player is cut now?

Really?

It's Heinz Ward, people. -Not some bum who fell off the back of a cabbage truck. This is a professional. A veteran. -A man with jewlery. I would think that a wealth of information would come with a guy like that.

We got kids giving their girlfriends game-balls, kids writing messages on their T-shirts... re-enacting shootings... There's no standard... No example for these kids to follow.

If they cut him, and he's willing to come on board for cheap, I'd take him in a second.

How are these young guys ever going to be great, if they don't study greatness?

Edited by #34fan

Are you kidding me? Hahaha Let's get a 36 year old receiver in here quick! His 381 yds and 2 td's will be just enough to get us over the hill. Buffalo Barbarian is right. If he was on our team right now... I would want him cut for the younger guys that can actually get better.

This whole "bringing in a guy to mentor other players" mentality has really gotta go. Besides if said mentor/teacher/player can't even be productive on the field wtf is the point? Hines Ward's career is practically done. There is no point for a team that is building to bring ANY vet in over 32 yrs old. Unless they are some stud to put us over the top.

How are these guys going to learn? By actual STUDYING! The guy doesn't have to be in front of your face to learn from. Pick up a book. Watch some film. Listen to your coaches better, that's what the coaches are for. Hines didn't learn from anybody. Calvin Johnson didn't learn from anybody. Larry Fitzgerald and Boldin didn't learn from anybody. Vincent Jackson didn't learn from anybody. You can make an argument that Randy Moss and Terrell Owens didn't need to learn from Cris Carter and Jerry Rice. These guys were bound to be productive given their skill set anyhow. Stevie is a better receiver in my opinion than Hines. Our young guys can learn from him.

The only way I would accept him on the team is if he was a coach.

How are these guys going to learn? By actual STUDYING! The guy doesn't have to be in front of your face to learn from. Pick up a book. Watch some film. Listen to your coaches better, that's what the coaches are for. Hines didn't learn from anybody. Calvin Johnson didn't learn from anybody. Larry Fitzgerald and Boldin didn't learn from anybody. Vincent Jackson didn't learn from anybody. You can make an argument that Randy Moss and Terrell Owens didn't need to learn from Cris Carter and Jerry Rice. These guys were bound to be productive given their skill set anyhow. Stevie is a better receiver in my opinion than Hines. Our young guys can learn from him.

The only way I would accept him on the team is if he was a coach.

Is that how you teach your kids? Have them watch films? -Books? You don't have to be in front of their face for them to learn from you, right? They probably wouldn't pick up a thing from you actually talking to them, or heaven forbid, getting the chance to observe you in action, no way. :huh:

And I agree, Calvin Johnson is very good. -Can't argue with that. As is Fitzgerald, Jackson, Boldin and Moss. But how many rings do those guys have between the five of them? -NOT ONE. T.O.? Same thing. -NO JEWLERY! We root for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in twelve years. We have young recievers engaging in some of the most selfish, juvenile, and unprofessional behavior in the league, and you're telling me, the presence of a fourteen year veteran, and two-time superbowl champ would be unwelcome?

Wow.

Look, I know these guys aren't exactly kids, but in a way they are. -They're still learning... Processing... figuring things out. Although Heinz Ward is FAR from being perfect, he has a value that goes beyond his production on the field. He has the unique perspective, and preparation of a champion. If it were possible, and up to me, I'd want my young players to be exposed to that.

Edited by #34fan

Why do people who no absolutely nothing about nothing think that every time a player becomes available the Bills should jump on them and pick them up? I think this is about the 150th player we should pickup in the las month. The Bills would have three rosters and 10 salary caps. Unbelieveable. I know, I know, he tested out well in Madden with the Bills, especially when Peyton Manning was throwing to him.

Really?

It's Heinz Ward, people. -Not some bum who fell off the back of a cabbage truck. This is a professional. A veteran. -A man with jewlery. I would think that a wealth of information would come with a guy like that.

We got kids giving their girlfriends game-balls, kids writing messages on their T-shirts... re-enacting shootings... There's no standard... No example for these kids to follow.

If they cut him, and he's willing to come on board for cheap, I'd take him in a second.

A "has been" with jewlery. There is a reason why the Steelers are going to release him - he can't play anymore.

Kind of reminds me of when Andre Reed left here and went to Washington - What did he do there?...nothin....

I would take him. He's smart and very tough. Other than Fitz, we have zero players who fit this description on the Bills right now. He could teach our "young receivers" a lot more abou the position than whichever flunkie that they have listed as "WR coach" right now.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Sorry, if this has been posted before. I think Heinz Ward would be a great pickup for this team. We have a bunch of young guys that could really use a mentor. Here's the story from ESPN My link

Any interest?

So if i've got this right...

1. Sign a 58 year old Hines Ward.

2. Draft an OG at #10.

3. ?????

4. SUPER BOWL!

Really?

Hines is now playing like some bum who fell off the back of a cabbage truck.

Edited by Carey Bender