Whitney Houston

ajzepp

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She did sing the hell out of the anthem that night. It's an incredibly hard song to sing well, and she just blew it out of the water. I was just 13 at the time, but after a certain missed kick, it's my lasting memory of that night.

Meh. That performance inspired a generation of less talented woman to copy the same over-done style, usually with disastrous results.

And because no one has been able to match her performance that cheapens it? :unsure: ummm, kind of messed up logic there. Id say that supports it as being the gold standard :beer:

Her rendition of the national anthem at Super Bowl XXV is still the gold standard.

Sorry, should have checked Off The Wall first

I agree, I still remember that moment like it was yesterday...her singing the National anthem better than I have ever heard it sung before or since with her red, white and blue on and then the thunderous ovation and the shots of players and people in the stands with tears streaming down their cheeks, followed by a thunderous fly over by the fighter jets...

Honestly brings chills to my spine just thinking of it...

What terrible news. Yes, her life was virtually destroyed by drugs, thanks in big part to her hooking up with Bobby Brown, but I thought she got past that, and was on the way back up.

Certainly she was one of the best voices EVER in the music industry. Those who know far more than I are saying so tonight too. In songs like "I will Always Love You" and "Saving All my Love for You", her voice/talent was just INCREDIBLE. And yeah, that StarSB performance in Tampa was awesome.

I agree, I still remember that moment like it was yesterday...her singing the National anthem better than I have ever heard it sung before or since with her red, white and blue on and then the thunderous ovation and the shots of players and people in the stands with tears streaming down their cheeks, followed by a thunderous fly over by the fighter jets...

Same here for me too!

I may be wrong but I believe this was the first Super Bowl

after 9-11.

I thought Kelly Clarkson came as close as anyone

else had to matching Whitney's performance that day.

I had hoped one day she would've sung it again.