Whitney Houston

ajzepp

Same here for me too!

I may be wrong but I believe this was the first Super Bowl

after 9-11.

I thought Kelly Clarkson came as close as anyone

else had to matching Whitney's performance that day.

I had hoped one day she would've sung it again.

It was actually when the Gulf War was just a few weeks old. (AFC Championship game in Buffalo was the first really big sporting event since the war started and I'll never forget seeing the pictures of terrorists on the NBC cameras as they were turned towards the field)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually when the Gulf War was just a few weeks old. (AFC Championship game in Buffalo was the first really big sporting event since the war started and I'll never forget seeing the pictures of terrorists on the NBC cameras as they were turned towards the field)

Good memory...the Gulf War....game was Sun...

then on Tues I watched the scud missiles

on tv while waiting for my niece to be born that

night. I had 1991 confused with 2001.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

Good memory...the Gulf War....game was Sun...

then on Tues I watched the scud missiles

on tv while waiting for my neice to be born that

night. I had 1991 confused with 2001.

I swear there is something with last decade not having a name. I'm always saying '95 when I mean '05, etc.

Gonna be so much fun watching the the "celebrities" have their big circle jerk over her death tonight...when they wouldnt piss in her throat if she was dying of thirst when she was alive. And in kind, Im going to enjoy watching the press who mocked her in life every chance they got now hail her life and mourn her.

Houston was tossed to the side like yesterday's trash by these cretins and NOW they are gonna take the high road?

Bunch of !@#$ing phonies.

Edited by RkFast

Am I the only one who missed the whitney houston drug abuse years? I figured she had just retired. I had no idea what I am now reading--that she basically was a hard-core user for the last 15 years.

On the 1991 national anthem, what makes it perfect is that she just takes her time, uses lots of dynamics, tempo changes, and builds it up perfectly. The bad anthems are sung by those who just try to over-sing the song from the first note.

Glad you got it. Pretty sure you and a few others would.

The hardest part was having to say her death kind of sucks because I really couldn't care. I have no sympathy for people with all that money and they don't use it to get over their addictions. If they prefer getting high and death do sobriety and life then they get what they deserve.

The hardest part was having to say her death kind of sucks because I really couldn't care. I have no sympathy for people with all that money and they don't use it to get over their addictions. If they prefer getting high and death do sobriety and life then they get what they deserve.

I was kinda thinking the same thing this morning. If she had died suddenly 15 years ago it would have been a shock. Now, not so much with her history of drug abuse. TMZ is reporting there were prescription drug bottles in her room, but no one is saying "cause of death" yet until the autopsy is done. Back on track, why I was thinking this was listening to some of the people here at the laundromat talking about her brought back memories of when Michael Jackson died. It got me thinking, which was more more tragic/shocking? Neither in my book when you look back at the last 10 years plus of their lives.

Am I the only one who missed the whitney houston drug abuse years? I figured she had just retired. I had no idea what I am now reading--that she basically was a hard-core user for the last 15 years.

On the 1991 national anthem, what makes it perfect is that she just takes her time, uses lots of dynamics, tempo changes, and builds it up perfectly. The bad anthems are sung by those who just try to over-sing the song from the first note.

And all the more impressive she pulled it off in that dumpy gym outfit and aunt jemima hair band.

I was kinda thinking the same thing this morning. If she had died suddenly 15 years ago it would have been a shock. Now, not so much with her history of drug abuse. TMZ is reporting their were prescription drug bottles in her room, but no one is saying "cause of death" yet until the autopsy is done. Back on track, why I was thinking this was listening to some of the people here at the laundromat talking about her brought back memories of when Michael Jackson died. It got me thinking, which was more more tragic/shocking? Neither in my book when you look back at the last 10 years plus of their lives.

Just like Michael Jackson, I get the sense that the proper mourning should be for what was lost a long time ago and what could have been, given their talent, but for a divergence down the wrong path(s).

Rx abuse (sad to say, Dr. Feelgood is the state of the medical profession), illicit drugs, suicide, "natural causes" --- whatever it turns out to be it will be connected with the ravages of drug use.

The tragedy in WH's life was the day she met Bobby Brown.

Yesterday was just the final note of a dirge that started playing 20 years ago.