• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre should be in.

10th all time in receptions

11th all time in yards receiving

12th all time in receiving TD's

7 time Pro Bowler

Played in 4 Super Bowls

There's no reason for Andre Reed not to be in the HOF.

The problem with this, Ye Old, is these All Time numbers were better last year, better the year before, etc. Next year, his all time place will drop lower, then lower the year after, etc. The longer they don't let him in, the more he ends up on the 'scrap heap' of WR's as the League has much more emphasis on passing now than ever before.

Nonetheless, I'll be rooting for him and every Bill to get enshrined!

Reed should get in. Tasker deserves to be in.

PTR

On Tasker:

Didn't they invent a roll in the pro bowl because he was so awesome? Among other things, that sure says something about Tasker!

And, as far as his broadcasting is concerned... he is active in the NFL on a weekly basis. Even if it is the CBS D squad. You are looking at a man who looks like he may be involved for decades.

The problem with this, Ye Old, is these All Time numbers were better last year, better the year before, etc. Next year, his all time place will drop lower, then lower the year after, etc. The longer they don't let him in, the more he ends up on the 'scrap heap' of WR's as the League has much more emphasis on passing now than ever before.

Nonetheless, I'll be rooting for him and every Bill to get enshrined!

You are right that with each passing year, Adre's stats look less and less spectacular. But I think all the selectors understand that you can't compare passing and receiving stats from one era to another.

Unfortunately, Reed was on the front end of the passing revolution and some say his own numbers were inflated by the offense the Bills ran. Reed's not a receiver from the old-old days when 1,000 receiving yards in a season was virtually unimaginable.

What can't be argued is that Reed went to a whole bunch of Pro Bowls. He was considered one of the very best in the game for a long time. In my mind, 7 Pro Bowls = HOF, though there are a few other players who have been to the Pro Bowl just as often and are still waiting for Canton to call.

Reed will be the only Bill on this list to make the final 15. Hopefully he'll actually end up enshrined this time but I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a bridesmaid once again.

FITZ

Or is it too soon?

Def not too soon. It's just a matter of time. Early reports indicate that after Fitz retires in another 8-10 years an entire "Fitzmagic" Wing will be built at The Hall that will have a movie theatre which will show every comeback from Harvard-pro career.

Drew Bledsoe??...dear Lord...

Reed??-he is the classic borderline case.Not sure he'll get in due to the fact that he

was maybe the 4th best receiver in the game during his prime.

Tasker--If special teams by themselves are weighty enough to get someone in then he certainly deserves it. He is arguably the greatest defensive special teams player of all time.

Knox?--I think a better coach than Marv.Had success with 3 different franchises. Close call.

Bennett?? No way.: Although he looked like a hall of famer his rookie year.Then through laziness or attitude

he turned into just a very good linebacker.

Smerlas?-Close call.He did dominate the middle of the field for a few years.Probably won't make it.

Centers?--Don't see it. Unless the voters get wowed by the # of catches for a FB.