Disclaimer: Unconfirmed New Owner?

I understand that Ralph wants to own the team until he is gone. Why wouldn't he consider selling a reasonable stake in the organization to outsiders and give them full control. At the end of the day, he may want to have a SB ring and he could still do it by being part owner..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never post rumors but the credibility of the source is impeccable. I live near Boca Raton and provide estate services to very wealthy clients in Palm Beach county.

I was told that Terry Pegula is part of a prospective ownership group that includes Jim Kelly, and that group is a near lock to purchase the Bills once Ralph passes.

Yes, it is a virtual rumor, but like I mentioned above, the source is major player and I don't think I was being lied to.

Is this news? I've known about the Pegula group for quite some time. It's been out there for at least a year. Regardless, hoping for old Ralphie's demise seems kind of macabre. He may not deserve the sentiment, but I, for one, will be very sad to see him go.

Is this news? I've known about the Pegula group for quite some time. It's been out there for at least a year. Regardless, hoping for old Ralphie's demise seems kind of macabre. He may not deserve the sentiment, but I, for one, will be very sad to see him go.

Honestly I just wish Ralph would set up a deal for Pegula's group to have right of first refusal in a bid for the team, barring they meet a reserve price for the team (Like any bid by Pegula's group to qualify for right of first refusal has to be over whatever amount Ralph wants). I think that would help secure the Bills future in Buffalo and make the fans feel less anxious about the teams future.

You knew about it, but did you ever post it?......I've never heard anything about Pegula other than people saying wouldn't it be great if he bought the Bills.

And, I don't see anybody hoping for Ralph's demise. Only that upon it, the Bills remain in Buffalo. If he lives to 200, that means the bills will be here for the next 107 years, so I think most of us would be good with that.

You knew about it, but did you ever post it?......I've never heard anything about Pegula other than people saying wouldn't it be great if he bought the Bills.

And, I don't see anybody hoping for Ralph's demise. Only that upon it, the Bills remain in Buffalo. If he lives to 200, that means the bills will be here for the next 107 years, so I think most of us would be good with that.

So the "until we get a new owner" losing seasons can go on for 107 years?

It may be true at present but if RW hangs on for another ten years (completely feasible, given modern medicine) who knows what the landscape will be like then. Kelly will be about 60, Pegula may have lost some of his fortune, etc. etc.

And in any event I believe RW when he says, quite simply, the team will be sold to the highest bidder when he passes. Full stop. He has made no moves to get a minority stake owner in there like Kelly, which would bode well for the idea.

I think he is a cheap old bastard likely from a family of cheap old bastards and whose progeny are by now also cheap old bitches, so the team will be sold to the highest bidder when he is gone. And that bidder has likely not even emerged from the woodwork yet.

As stated many many times before. There is no deal in place to do anything at the time of RW's death. It is all about estate taxes. His family is not rich enough to pay for the tax at the time of his death so it must be sold. He can not control who the team is sold to. He can not at the time of his death put any stipulations on the sale.

Keep dreaming...

As stated many many times before. There is no deal in place to do anything at the time of RW's death. It is all about estate taxes. His family is not rich enough to pay for the tax at the time of his death so it must be sold. He can not control who the team is sold to. He can not at the time of his death put any stipulations on the sale. Keep dreaming...

He certainly can if he wants to. He does not want to. Not that he CAN not, he WILL not. Of course he can control who the team is sold to, it is called a last will and testament. Or he can set it up now with his death as a trigger.

only thing im gonna say is that if in fact you were an estate services provider for some of the ultra rich players in this situation, why would you risk your livelihood, which i imagine and possibly incorrectly assume, is a nice one, over something that could very easily get back to your employer and/or clients, which ill also and possibly incorrectly assume, is an exclusive group, to post something here that we'll find out when if what you say should happen, happens...

It may be true at present but if RW hangs on for another ten years (completely feasible, given modern medicine) who knows what the landscape will be like then. Kelly will be about 60, Pegula may have lost some of his fortune, etc. etc.

And in any event I believe RW when he says, quite simply, the team will be sold to the highest bidder when he passes. Full stop. He has made no moves to get a minority stake owner in there like Kelly, which would bode well for the idea.

I think he is a cheap old bastard likely from a family of cheap old bastards and whose progeny are by now also cheap old bitches, so the team will be sold to the highest bidder when he is gone. And that bidder has likely not even emerged from the woodwork yet.

wow

I never post rumors but the credibility of the source is impeccable. I live near Boca Raton and provide estate services to very wealthy clients in Palm Beach county.

I was told that Terry Pegula is part of a prospective ownership group that includes Jim Kelly, and that group is a near lock to purchase the Bills once Ralph passes.

Yes, it is a virtual rumor, but like I mentioned above, the source is major player and I don't think I was being lied to.

:worthy: :worthy: 0:) 0:)

Pegula would be just the kind of owner we've always wanted. But seriously, the Sabres are showing that just spending money gets you squat. In fact I can't recall ever seeing the Sabres in worse shape, though it's not for Pegula trying to do the right thing. Totally bizarre.

PTR

got rid of toughness and didn't bring leadership; guys that will get in other guys faces when they need a kick in the ass and boy do they need one now.

I do think football is different though. When you draft a football player you pretty much know what you are going to get, there may be busts but for the must part your first and second rounders are gonna be good. In hockey you don't know what you are going to get, many high rounders can't make the NHL are minor leaguers or junior players, I mean you don't even fully sign guys until they've been around for a few years. That will never happen in the NFL.

He certainly can if he wants to. He does not want to. Not that he CAN not, he WILL not. Of course he can control who the team is sold to, it is called a last will and testament. Or he can set it up now with his death as a trigger.

I'd have to say the NFL having to approve all owners etc... Puts a kink in this. It isn't just a stack of cash or ownership of a car- it's membership in a very exclusive club in some sense.

He has made no moves to get a minority stake owner in there like Kelly, which would bode well for the idea.

How can you credibly say Wilson has made no moves to keep the team in Buffalo?

In an era where NFL franchises regularly run roughshod over municipalities, Ralph has never (over the last 30 years) asked for a new stadium, only targeted upgrades. If he's not committed to keeping the team in Bflo, why would he continue to take a "reasonable" approach to keeping upgrade costs modest? Why not ask for the moon knowing full well that Buffalo/NYS couldn't meet his demands, thereby giving himself or even the next owner a built-in excuse to leave?

Why has Ralph been the one to state he wants lease re-negotiations to move forward? Don't you find it odd that he's the one pushing this issue?

Why, when holding all the cards in lease renegotiations, has Ralph stated (reportedly) he is agreeable to a clause allowing for the Bills to repay the County if they break the lease? This intentionally positions Buffalo as the default location for the next owner. Why would Ralph intentionally create this hurdle for the next owner - is that a smart move ahead of a planned sale of your primary asset?

Sure the unknown is maddening for all of us, but just because Ralph hasn't put all his cards on the table doesn't mean he isn't making moves to keep Buffalo viable as the home of the Bills far into the future. I think Ralph's actions all line up to position Buffalo as well as possible for the next owner.

How can you credibly say Wilson has made no moves to keep the team in Buffalo?

In an era where NFL franchises regularly run roughshod over municipalities, Ralph has never (over the last 30 years) asked for a new stadium, only targeted upgrades. If he's not committed to keeping the team in Bflo, why would he continue to take a "reasonable" approach to keeping upgrade costs modest? Why not ask for the moon knowing full well that Buffalo/NYS couldn't meet his demands, thereby giving himself or even the next owner a built-in excuse to leave?

Why has Ralph been the one to state he wants lease re-negotiations to move forward? Don't you find it odd that he's the one pushing this issue?

Why, when holding all the cards in lease renegotiations, has Ralph stated (reportedly) he is agreeable to a clause allowing for the Bills to repay the County if they break the lease? This intentionally positions Buffalo as the default location for the next owner. Why would Ralph intentionally create this hurdle for the next owner - is that a smart move ahead of a planned sale of your primary asset?

Sure the unknown is maddening for all of us, but just because Ralph hasn't put all his cards on the table doesn't mean he isn't making moves to keep Buffalo viable as the home of the Bills far into the future. I think Ralph's actions all line up to position Buffalo as well as possible for the next owner.

Agreed but still scared. I wish there was something a little more concrete. Maybe a 50 year lease with a Claus about only no ing the stadium within the county also something about a league collaps( wh knows in 50 years).

Also I believe I heard chomp say the other day that the stadium could use something like 100 mil in upgrades. Could have misheard but I doubt the state comes anywhere near that without some belief that the team will be here for a while

True, but this team is basically the same team that went on a tear last season to make the playoffs. So I can't understand how wrong things are now. I mean they are the worst team in the NHL. They probably couldn't beat an AHL team right now. There is some serious mind-fukkery in action there.

PTR

They are an AHL team right now.

Honestly I just wish Ralph would set up a deal for Pegula's group to have right of first refusal in a bid for the team, barring they meet a reserve price for the team (Like any bid by Pegula's group to qualify for right of first refusal has to be over whatever amount Ralph wants). I think that would help secure the Bills future in Buffalo and make the fans feel less anxious about the teams future.

The other owners will have final say on the next owner of the Bills. They are going to want a very wealthy owner and I doubt they care where the team is located.