Disclaimer: Unconfirmed New Owner?

I never post rumors but the credibility of the source is impeccable. I live near Boca Raton and provide estate services to very wealthy clients in Palm Beach county.

I was told that Terry Pegula is part of a prospective ownership group that includes Jim Kelly, and that group is a near lock to purchase the Bills once Ralph passes.

Yes, it is a virtual rumor, but like I mentioned above, the source is major player and I don't think I was being lied to.

Edited by It's in My Blood

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Noooooo.

Look what this guy has done to the Sabres.

Kidding!

Someone had to say it.

If true, it would be great but there have been the Galisano and Trump rumors before and we are talking about Ralph here, so I tend to be a bit skeptical.

That would be great -- if true.

Pegula would be just the kind of owner we've always wanted. But seriously, the Sabres are showing that just spending money gets you squat. In fact I can't recall ever seeing the Sabres in worse shape, though it's not for Pegula trying to do the right thing. Totally bizarre.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Pegula would be just the kind of owner we've always wanted. But seriously, the Sabres are showing that just spending money gets you squat. In fact I can't recall ever seeing the Sabres in worse shape, though it's not for Pegula trying to do the right thing. Totally bizarre.

PTR

Right idea by Pegula, he just has the wrong people running his team and making the overall wrong personnel decisions. It's been a soft team with a complete overall lack of talent and trying to throw money so quickly at talented players to join that team was putting the cart before the horse. A roster cleaning was in order before you do what they did.

Hopefully, if the rumor is true, Pegula learned a little and will jettison some dead weight, though, I think the Bills are actually in better overall shape than the Sabres when you are looking at core talent.

Right idea by Pegula, he just has the wrong people running his team and making the overall wrong personnel decisions. It's been a soft team with a complete overall lack of talent and trying to throw money so quickly at talented players to join that team was putting the cart before the horse. A roster cleaning was in order before you do what they did.

Hopefully, if the rumor is true, Pegula learned a little and will jettison some dead weight, though, I think the Bills are actually in better overall shape than the Sabres when you are looking at core talent.

True, but this team is basically the same team that went on a tear last season to make the playoffs. So I can't understand how wrong things are now. I mean they are the worst team in the NHL. They probably couldn't beat an AHL team right now. There is some serious mind-fukkery in action there.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I would love this, we would spend to the cap every year without question. The Sabres have been just like the Bills in that they can NOT get anybody healthy. They have literally been playing with at times, half of an AHL team. But besides the point, although Leino is a bust can you imagine the thought of a Buffalo Bills owner aggressively spending money?

I'd be so happy I'd do this:

True, but this team is basically the same team that went on a tear last season to make the playoffs. So I can't understand how wrong things are now. I mean they are the worst team in the NHL. They probably couldn't beat an AHL team right now. There is some serious mind-fukkery in action there.

PTR

It is mind-funkkery going on but as a whole, the Sabres are at best a team that can maybe get to the 2nd round. They just don't have the horses to get beyond that. You aren't going to win much with softer guys like Roy, Gerbe, Ellis, Ennis, Sekera and Stafford. They are decent but if you aren't going far with small soft guys in the NHL.

At least the Bills have a nice young core to build around with Wood, Byrd, Levitre, Williams(2), Spiller, Johnson(if they keep him) and Dareus.

Edited by flomoe

It is mind-funkkery going on but as a whole, the Sabres are at best a team that can maybe get to the 2nd round. They just don't have the horses to get beyond that. You aren't going to win much with softer guys like Roy, Gerbe, Ellis, Ennis, Sekera and Stafford. They are decent but if you aren't going far with small soft guys in the NHL.

At least the Bills have a nice young core to build around with Wood, Byrd, Levitre, Williams(2), Spiller, Johnson(if they keep him) and Dareus.

Eh...I am not blaming Pegula...this is a work in progress...the Sabres may not win a cup in the next year or two, but it won't be from lack of trying...I am still drinking the Pegula kool-aid, lets give him a full season to see how he reacts. I have never felt like Ralph Wilson was "all in" as far as the Bills go. I would love for Pegula to own both teams.

That said, all my teams are sucking hard right now (Bills, Sabres, Celtics) so I am willing and wanting to believe this rumor. I have a different source that hasn't gone as far as the OP, but has assured me that Jim Kelly's bluster about "the Bills aren't moving" over the last few years, has some teeth. Kelly is more involved in the future of the Bills than we have been officially informed. Obviously, Kelly doesn't have the money to buy the Bills, even at a discount rate, but he knows somebody who does. Pegula makes a so much sense.

I never post rumors but the credibility of the source is impeccable. I live near Boca Raton and provide estate services to very wealthy clients in Palm Beach county.

I was told that Terry Pegula is part of a prospective ownership group that includes Jim Kelly, and that group is a near lock to purchase the Bills once Ralph passes.

Yes, it is a virtual rumor, but like I mentioned above, the source is major player and I don't think I was being lied to.

Do you have any idea why Ralph is keeping a succession plan secret? I would think anybody would want to heralded in their lifetime as the hero of heroes for millions of people.