Pathetic

Magox

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occupy the GOP!

The GOP has forgotten its historical roots, and abandoned a truly American approach to government in favor of the ignorant Hoover:

"We must protect the crushable elements at the base of our present industrial structure. We stand for a living wage. Wages are subnormal if they fail to provide a living for those who devote their time and energy to industrial occupations. The monetary equivalent of a living wage varies according to local conditions, but must include enough to secure the elements of a normal standard of living--a standard high enough to make morality possible, to provide for education and recreation, to care for immature members of the family, to maintain the family during periods of sickness, and to permit a reasonable savings for old age."

Edited by BmoreBills

How pathetic does the REST of the GOP field sound, when criticizing Romney for his ¨¨firing¨¨ people comment? They sound like a bunch of liberals.

Thats what you want in a president, someone who is going to make the cuts necessary to make the system flow more efficienty and guide us to a direction where demand dictates jobs. Plain and simple

America you decide, Gordan Gekko or Fidel Castro. I think Jay Z might even be voting for Gordan Gekko this time around.

That's what he advocated when the auto companies were bailed out. And then if it happened he would have blamed Obama for all the auto workers and suppliers that lost their jobs. What a hypocrite. Or should I say, flip-flopper.

It would be helpful if you [insert pejorative here] knew what the hell you're talking about. When the auto makers were teetering on bankruptcy, NOBODY with the understanding of finance and the auto manufacturing advocated shutting down the automakers. That was not going to happen. What has US up in arms in Obama's evisceration of bankruptcy laws to achieve an expedient outcome which would have occurred anyway in the orderly process of a bankruptcy filing.

So please stop parroting the party line of the clueless about business, contractual and bankruptcy laws.

America you decide, Gordan Gekko or Fidel Castro. I think Jay Z might even be voting for Gordan Gekko this time around.

I think you been reading too much Maureen Dowd ;)

But funny enough, that is how it will be portrayed :lol:

Edited by Magox

I think you been reading too much Maureen Dowd ;)

But funny enough, that is how it will be portrayed :lol:

I just googled her and the read the article you were referring to. I swear I didn't read it before hand!...LOL

I love the old picture of Romney and his buds holding up money. It looks like the answer to this question, "What would a middle-aged white gangsta rap group CD cover look like?"

The GOP has forgotten its historical roots, and abandoned a truly American approach to government in favor of the ignorant Hoover:

youtube.com/watch?v=ch5XlY4nKJI

"We must protect the crushable elements at the base of our present industrial structure. We stand for a living wage. Wages are subnormal if they fail to provide a living for those who devote their time and energy to industrial occupations. The monetary equivalent of a living wage varies according to local conditions, but must include enough to secure the elements of a normal standard of living--a standard high enough to make morality possible, to provide for education and recreation, to care for immature members of the family, to maintain the family during periods of sickness, and to permit a reasonable savings for old age."

If we're going back to historical roots, when do the Democrats start supporting slavery and states' rights again? <_<

It would be helpful if you [insert pejorative here] knew what the hell you're talking about. When the auto makers were teetering on bankruptcy, NOBODY with the understanding of finance and the auto manufacturing advocated shutting down the automakers. That was not going to happen. What has US up in arms in Obama's evisceration of bankruptcy laws to achieve an expedient outcome which would have occurred anyway in the orderly process of a bankruptcy filing.

So please stop parroting the party line of the clueless about business, contractual and bankruptcy laws.

Yes, but without Obama's evisceration of the bankruptcy laws the evil bond holders wouldn't have been able to give a good share of the company to the UAW.

As much as some people would like it to be so or what the unread masses will come to think after the spin-meisters do their thing, Romney at Bain was far from Gordon Gecko.

Bain Capital provided investment and advice on building businesses, not necessarily ripping them apart and selling off the pieces. That's what the 'Capital' means in the company name --- they provided resources for companies to grow.

Among the biggest clients while Romney was head... Sports Authority, Domino's, VisionCare, Staples (which went from 1 store to 1,700 during this time).

He then left in '99 to turn around an $800M-in-the-red, woefully lagging construction progress, and graft-ridden Salt Lake City Olympics to a rather successful $300M profit. This is at a time when almost every other Olympic venture has cost its host country tons of money. He then tackled the $3B Massachusetts deficit and turned it into a surplus.

Like it or not, Romney has a record of fiscal turnarounds. And that's exactly what this country needs right now.

Edited by UConn James

As much as some people would like it to be so or what the unread masses will come to think after the spin-meisters do their thing, Romney at Bain was far from Gordon Gecko.

Bain Capital provided investment and advice on building businesses, not necessarily ripping them apart and selling off the pieces. That's what the 'Capital' means in the company name --- they provided resources for companies to grow.

Among the biggest clients while Romney was head... Sports Authority, Domino's, VisionCare, Staples (which went from 1 store to 1,700 during this time).

He then left in '99 to turn around an $800M-in-the-red, woefully lagging construction progress, and graft-ridden Salt Lake City Olympics to a rather successful $300M profit. This is at a time when almost every other Olympic venture has cost its host country tons of money. He then tackled the $3B Massachusetts deficit and turned it into a surplus.

Like it or not, Romney has a record of fiscal turnarounds. And that's exactly what this country needs right now.

That´s it, he´s a proven winner. You cannot rationally argue with the facts, he was one of the best in the business when he was with Bain Capital, the incredible job he did with the Salt Lake city Olympics and his fiscal record in blue state Mass.

Lets be real here, he is much more qualified to be president than the one who is in there now.

If we're going back to historical roots, when do the Democrats start supporting slavery and states' rights again? <_<

We need a man like Theodore Roosevelt in office, but we end up getting Yosemite Sam or Daffy Duck... not much of a choice. Men like J.P. Morgan worked WITH the President to avert major crises through the use of common sense approaches that didn't sell the American people down the river. These days, you don't have men like J.P. Morgan... financial strength is gained through buying off politicians instead of responsible governance.

And how did he turn around the Salt Lake Olympics and Massachusetts? By firing over half the US Olympic Association and laying off everyone in Boston thrice over, that's how.

How pathetic does the REST of the GOP field sound, when criticizing Romney for his ¨¨firing¨¨ people comment? They sound like a bunch of liberals.

Thats what you want in a president, someone who is going to make the cuts necessary to make the system flow more efficienty and guide us to a direction where demand dictates jobs. Plain and simple

I am not going to use the opportunity to bash the left, as the garbage was spewed from the right. It is clearly ridiculous and unfair, but I don't think they actually believe what Romney said was a bad thing. They are just using the wrong thing to try to hurt him in the nomination process (not the best wording, I know, but I think you know what I mean).

I am not going to use the opportunity to bash the left, as the garbage was spewed from the right. It is clearly ridiculous and unfair, but I don't think they actually believe what Romney said was a bad thing. They are just using the wrong thing to try to hurt him in the nomination process (not the best wording, I know, but I think you know what I mean).

Yesterday they backed off of their criticism when they found out his whole quote, to be fair- except Ron Paul, of course.

And how did he turn around the Salt Lake Olympics and Massachusetts? By firing over half the US Olympic Association and laying off everyone in Boston thrice over, that's how.

Well, he did say he likes firing people, didn't he? 0:)

We need a man like Theodore Roosevelt in office, but we end up getting Yosemite Sam or Daffy Duck... not much of a choice.

Although someone as rounded, intelligent, and practical as Roosevelt would never get elected in this day and age, you are correct...

Men like J.P. Morgan worked WITH the President to avert major crises through the use of common sense approaches that didn't sell the American people down the river. These days, you don't have men like J.P. Morgan... financial strength is gained through buying off politicians instead of responsible governance.

...but you're still an idiot. :lol:

Well, he did say he likes firing people, didn't he? 0:)

I know that you're being sarcastic, but anyone with a lick of sense knows that, in context, what Romney said was nuts-on accurate. The fact that idiots like Gingrich and Huntsman hit him on it is, at least to me, embarrassingly stupid. When they attack on something like that, they're digging deep into the Wasserman-Shultz world of embarrassingly stupid. They should be ashamed of themselves for picking that fruit.

That´s it, he´s a proven winner. You cannot rationally argue with the facts, he was one of the best in the business when he was with Bain Capital, the incredible job he did with the Salt Lake city Olympics and his fiscal record in blue state Mass.

Lets be real here, he is much more qualified to be president than the one who is in there now.

No, Obama is doing a fine job, and he has more experience, too boot!

Romney probably would be a decent president and I do sort of like him, but I just have this feeling that within six months of his election he would be hated by the right wing. He will be like Arnold in California, a real RINO.

But let's not forget, most of the other votes in this northern state when to candidates not named Mitt. Figuring he will automatically be getting all the Republicans to fall in line is to totally forget the last two years