Good bye tbd-for now

Ramblin' Rob

Extreme views are unhealthy, and there are very few reasonable fans on this site...me included this past summer...i was blinded by sunny optimism and many here are bitter and negative. This board is a reflection of the direction we are headed as a country....crazy right eventually gets balanced by crazy left and those of us that are moderates or reasonable are forced to choose what we consider to be a lesser evil.

I just read a post that cited Atlanta as a reason not to be patient with a rebuild, and high lighted their tumultuous 07 season, and how the hiring of a GM and coach made it all better. All i can say, is if we hired mike smith instead of dj 6 years ago, peeps on this board would have screamed bloody murder, and ralph is cheap and all the rest. I am off to get a life....hope you all do too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a life AND I post and read on this board.

Extreme views are unhealthy, and there are very few reasonable fans on this site...me included this past summer...i was blinded by sunny optimism and many here are bitter and negative. This board is a reflection of the direction we are headed as a country....crazy right eventually gets balanced by crazy left and those of us that are moderates or reasonable are forced to choose what we consider to be a lesser evil.

I just read a post that cited Atlanta as a reason not to be patient with a rebuild, and high lighted their tumultuous 07 season, and how the hiring of a GM and coach made it all better. All i can say, is if we hired mike smith instead of dj 6 years ago, peeps on this board would have screamed bloody murder, and ralph is cheap and all the rest. I am off to get a life....hope you all do too.

1. Atlanta lost AGAIN in a bad fashion.

2. Mike Smith is a couple of wins better than Chan Gailey, and with nothing to show for it.

3. You'll be back- I have been a Pirates fan all my life and you don't know the meaning of the word negative.

I have been a Pirates fan all my life

Wow, in all seriousness, I feel AWFUL for you Pirates fans. I grew up idolizing guys like Dave Parker and Willie Stargell. You had that last great run with Van Slyke, Bonds, and Bonilla, and then became a glorified farm team for the MLB. The imbalance in baseball is a shame, IMO. I've been a diehard Braves fan for 31 years, and even though we're not the Yankees or Red Sox, I feel blessed that we can field a competitive team. When I think about Pirates fans, I honestly get sick in my stomach because of how unfair it is for you. Baseball needs better competitive balance.

Wow, in all seriousness, I feel AWFUL for you Pirates fans. I grew up idolizing guys like Dave Parker and Willie Stargell. You had that last great run with Van Slyke, Bonds, and Bonilla, and then became a glorified farm team for the MLB. The imbalance in baseball is a shame, IMO. I've been a diehard Braves fan for 31 years, and even though we're not the Yankees or Red Sox, I feel blessed that we can field a competitive team. When I think about Pirates fans, I honestly get sick in my stomach because of how unfair it is for you. Baseball needs better competitive balance.

you think that's bad, I've been a Pirates AND Orioles fan my whole life. It's why I stopped following baseball. There's no semblance of parity so what's the point? There's no reason to follow at least half of the MLB because at least half of the MLB has zero chance of being competitive two years in a row. It's really a shame--used to love baseball.

you think that's bad, I've been a Pirates AND Orioles fan my whole life. It's why I stopped following baseball. There's no semblance of parity so what's the point? There's no reason to follow at least half of the MLB because at least half of the MLB has zero chance of being competitive two years in a row. It's really a shame--used to love baseball.

Couldn't agree more...the MLB has become a corrupt, imbalanced shell of the game I loved as a kid. Thank God the NFL has provisions that allow small market teams to compete...or in the case of the Packers last year, even win the SB.

Cant say I blame ya but I don't understand why everyone has to break up with the board before they leave

I think most people want to atleast say bye to those they've talked to. Also probably a hope to leave some advice and make it a better place. I think a lot of people are growing weary and miss actual football talk.

No, don't go! Please! We can't live without you! We'll be nice from now on, we promise!

don't let the door hit you Mr closed minded. You shouldn't be scared of hearing opposing views that challenge your own. It is a byproduct of free speech. But I suppose you know it all and think the world is black and white