PLAYoffs Gaints/Falcons Non sellout per NYpost

out, going nowhere, running for the bus, etc, small market team. But NYC large market team, 7 million plus, do not have a sellout for their home playoff game per this mornings new york post, WOW.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move them to LA. :devil:

But seriously, the greed has gotten out of control. I have friends who are guys fans who do really well for themselves. But they say the ticket prices are absolutely insane. They also say that the new stadium's crowd sucks compared to the old one.

The NFL is outpricing the real fans and just letting suits go to these games.

Move them to LA. :devil:

But seriously, the greed has gotten out of control. I have friends who are guys fans who do really well for themselves. But they say the ticket prices are absolutely insane. They also say that the new stadium's crowd sucks compared to the old one.

The NFL is outpricing the real fans and just letting suits go to these games.

Yep, you're correct.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0000479C0129CFB9?tm_link=edp_onsale

out, going nowhere, running for the bus, etc, small market team. But NYC large market team, 7 million plus, do not have a sellout for their home playoff game per this mornings new york post, WOW.

Tough choice though regardless of playoffs who would want to willingly go to New Jersey?

I did a search on ticketmaster for two tickets.

Total $833.90 FOR TWO TICKETS.

That's what you pay lower bowl on the secondary market in NO, and the clubs face for about that in the playoffs. It's a lot but for playoff tix I'm not shocked

:blink: I understand its a playoff game and all, but... :blink:

What's the price progression going to be in 5-7 years on this pace..? I'm thinking $$$hubris$$$

Parking included?

Are you kidding? Parking companies' gotta get their share at the trough too... What, $50-$60 per vehicle perhaps..?

Part of the reason I hate the NFL right now, I was laid off from teaching in Georgia 2.5 years ago, and have been subbing and getting my masters since. So, I have been making ~$10,000/yr while at this point working 3 jobs. I know I am not the typical demographic for who the NFL would ever try to attract at this point and time, but I couldn't even afford to take off work at job #3 this year to watch a Bills game live. With the NFL's greed, it is no wonder why my generation is resorting to downloading torrents of the blacked out games.

I thought every seat to the Giants is a season ticket and is not only sold out but they have a waiting list numbering in the tens of thousands. But they still have to buy their playoff tickets I guess.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Losers, Buffalo would have sold that out.

Ouch! I stand corrected.

I thought every seat to the Giants is a season ticket and is not only sold out but they have a waiting list numbering in the tens of thousands. But they still have to buy their playoff tickets I guess.

PTR

Yes, playoff tickets are not included with season tickets. Season ticket holders do have first choice at purchasing their seat for any playoff games though.

I went to see the Bills at Met Life Stadium, against the Giants, in October. Sat around the 45 yard line, row 19, behind the Bills bench. Went to see the Bills and Broncos game on Christmas Eve, at the Ralph. Had almost exactly the same seats, except in row 22. The face value of the Bills/Giants ticket was $350. The face value for the Broncos at Bills game? $90 I believe, face value, the cheapest seat for a Giants game, regular season, is $125. Bills games are really cheap.

Part of the reason I hate the NFL right now, I was laid off from teaching in Georgia 2.5 years ago, and have been subbing and getting my masters since. So, I have been making ~$10,000/yr while at this point working 3 jobs. I know I am not the typical demographic for who the NFL would ever try to attract at this point and time, but I couldn't even afford to take off work at job #3 this year to watch a Bills game live. With the NFL's greed, it is no wonder why my generation is resorting to downloading torrents of the blacked out games.

Prices have gotten absolutely ridiculous. I haven't gone to see a Bills game in a few years now; last time I had very good seats and they were $35 a piece - reasonable. The only tickets I would pay $400 for would be a Superbowl, and the Bills would have to be in it!

Not to mention that the Atlanta metro area in home to 5.2 million people. You would think that at least a few thousand would make the trip to NY to see their team play - except that between plane tix, game tix, hotel, etc - it's probably a $2500.00 weekend for a couple. . .