The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

It is playoffs or bust in 2012. You don't take 3 off-seasons and 48 games to go 8-8 or 9-7.

Every player in the draft is unproven. Even Andrew Luck, and I'd deal 2 #1's to get him.

Two #1's from the Bills won't even come close to getting RGIII, never mind Luck.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much how I feel. I doubt that claiborne falls to us. Even if he falls out of the top 5, he won't last all the way to top ten.

I actually think tampa is going to take him. every is thinking richardson, but I don't think so.

He is what I am thinking how the top 6 will go

1) Indy takes luck

2) Browns take RGIII

3) Vikes take kalil

4) St louis takes Blackmon

5) Bucs take Claiborne

6) skins take richardson.

Agree with your top five but I don't see shanahan taking a rb at 6....his ego/past results show he doesn't need an elite back to get elite production

Agreed.

I haven't heard anyone say that he is a better prospect than Peterson.

Nor I.

Physically Claiborne can't hold a match to Peterson… Peterson is a once a decade athlete from a purely physical standpoint… you don't find 220 pound cornerbacks who run a 4.3 forty.

If Claiborne is anywhere near the football player Peterson is, it's because of his football smarts and technique.

I doubt he grades out as high as Peterson… could be wrong though.

edit: I CANNOT get excited about drafting a cornerback at #10.

Same with wide receiver…

If we were talking Patrick Peterson and AJ Green that would be different but this draft doesn't have the elite athlete at those positions, IMO.

Agreed.

Nor I.

Physically Claiborne can't hold a match to Peterson… Peterson is a once a decade athlete from a purely physical standpoint… you don't find 220 pound cornerbacks who run a 4.3 forty.

If Claiborne is anywhere near the football player Peterson is, it's because of his football smarts and technique.

I doubt he grades out as high as Peterson… could be wrong though.

edit: I CANNOT get excited about drafting a cornerback at #10.

Same with wide receiver…

If we were talking Patrick Peterson and AJ Green that would be different but this draft doesn't have the elite athlete at those positions, IMO.

My claim (which only said "reportedly") is based on Mayock saying that Claiborne is a far superior technical player with better cover

skills and ball-skills. No doubt at all, Peterson is the superior athlete. But that doesn't mean that he is a better DB. I might wager that

Leodis McKelvin's athletic tests at the combine were better than Darrelle Revis', but there is absolutely no question that Revis is the

better DB.

I am NOT saying Claiborne is Revis nor am I saying that Peterson is McKelvin. I am only saying that athletic ability doesn't always translate

to football ability.

He'll suck. Cam Newton he is not.

No he's faster and smarter.... This kid will be a superstar

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d82742179/RGIII-shows-his-smarts

name the last 10 superbowl winning qb's...now think...rg3=mike vick=vince young...THE BILLS DONT!!!!!! NEED TO DRAFT A QB!!!

Not even close see above... Rg3=VY body+ Vick speed+fitz Brain. I was dead set against qb in the first few round until I started to know more about this kid.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Not sure if you are replying to my big board. But Im trying to avoid work, so I'll pretend you are :thumbsup:

My main point was trying to put together a list of 10 or more players I would be happy with, so no matter what "someone" will fall to us.

I have Claiborne and Kirkpatrick low simply based on need. If it was only based on talent, then Claiborne and Richardson would be higher, and Ingram and Upshaw would be lower. However, based on our needs, they all wash out about even.

Im assuming Luck, RG3, Kalil, Blackmon, Claiborne, and Richardson are all gone before we pick. And I feel like Kirkpatrick, Barron, and DeCastro would be reaches.

So really Im left with Ingram/Upshaw, Jeffery/Floyd, Reiff/Martin to choose from. Whichever the Bills have ranked higher at their positions.

No matter who we pick, Im also pushing Curry in the 2nd (or moving up to get him if need be).

Well thank you for detail.

i am concerned we will pick for need and less so talent, beside rb of course. But i will trust them just this once!! again. i am not knowledgable as most you folk and am aware that we supposedly do not trade down. but if we could find a partner. Still early though.

Just watched his interview with Mariucci, and I gotta say, the kid is so amazingly well spoken.

Not well spoken "for a black guy", not well spoken "for an athlete", not well spoken "for a 22 year old". He is well spoken for an adult human being. Everything from his vocabulary to how he carries himself, is more mature, intelligent, and professional than I see out of most 40-something Executives.

If it wouldnt cost the team our entire future, I'd say pull the trigger. But as much as I like him, very few players (almost none) are worth 3 1st rounders, plus.

------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry rg3=jamarcus russle

Are you trying to come off as an idiot, or does it just come natural?

Well I guess there is Hope we can lose bad enough to get Matt Barkley in next years Draft. I am crushed & the season hasn't started

Really? First off, RGIII, I believe, will be a great player. But to trade up will cost a ransom and the Bills have to get their defense together. They are not in the position to give up multiple picks in this draft and next year's. They can win with Fitz. No, he won't be elite more than likely, but he's good enough to win with. Think if the Bills defense was actually consistently good this season; the Bills could have gone to the playoffs. Fitz wasn't the reason they lost most games.

As far as Morris Claiborne, if the Bills took him be happy. He's a stud, lock down CB. He more than likely will be gone by the time the Bills pick, for good reason, so don't worry about it. There are pass rushers available in round two who can come in and help.

Edited by purple haze

Do we at all consider Fitz's broken ribs in assessing his season? I mean really, are we just going to pretend that his slump starting right after breaking his ribs was just a coincidence & that it has no bearing? Or are we pretending that "franchise" :sick: QBs aren't phased by broken bones?

Scratch that, it obviously caused his decline. He is franchise

Edited by Dick Drawn

Just watched his interview with Mariucci, and I gotta say, the kid is so amazingly well spoken.

Not well spoken "for a black guy", not well spoken "for an athlete", not well spoken "for a 22 year old". He is well spoken for an adult human being. Everything from his vocabulary to how he carries himself, is more mature, intelligent, and professional than I see out of most 40-something Executives.

If it wouldnt cost the team our entire future, I'd say pull the trigger. But as much as I like him, very few players (almost none) are worth 3 1st rounders, plus.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you trying to come off as an idiot, or does it just come natural?

Most successful first round players aren't worth the value placed on first round picks. A star qb is worth 3 star players any day of the week. Especially Sunday.

Edited by NoSaint

sorry rg3=jamarcus russle

Wait... RG3 is..... Black?

Oh... Nevermind then. I can't believe we missed that at the combine.

Can we ummm moderate the ability if this poster to contribute perhaps? Is there a position charged with that duty?

Edited by NoSaint

Most successful first round players aren't worth the value placed on first round picks. A star qb is worth 3 star players any day of the week. Especially Sunday.

I dont completely disagree. As you can tell, I really like the kid. IF we were to mortgage the future and trade up to get him, I would not be upset. As a matter of fact, Id probably be jumping up and down with joy. But I also understand why we wouldnt.

This one is a tough one...

Wait... RG3 is..... Black?

Oh... Nevermind then. I can't believe we missed that at the combine.

Can we ummm moderate the ability if this poster to contribute perhaps? Is there a position charged with that duty?

They measure height weight speed leap and not skin tone OR hair length. Call that an assessment?

RGIII is black?

I am pretty sure the previous poster is telling us that much like undersized speedster mike Vick, and whale sized jamarcus Russell

RG3 is actually of African American heritage. He must have been running real fast for us all to miss that!

I dont completely disagree. As you can tell, I really like the kid. IF we were to mortgage the future and trade up to get him, I would not be upset. As a matter of fact, Id probably be jumping up and down with joy. But I also understand why we wouldnt.

This one is a tough one...

Very much. Do you hedge your bets in a few middle of the pack stocks or go big on the one you have a feeling about? If we did go after him, you'd have to hope that we don't lose the house and college fund.

One trade piece that's gone unmentioned lately.... What about Stevie? Trade 2 firsts and Stevie (rams need a wr) and some mid round material? Sign a FA WR (cough:: colston ::cough:: ) and look for a number 2 wr and pass rusher from there - hoping there'd be some buffalo buzz going at that point. Still hold a couple picks 2-4 this year for depth. Retain bell. Just message board fodder of course but... A fun idea to think about.

Edited by NoSaint

I don't think he's a troll, he's just Canadian.

Exactly.

LOL. Dude you kill me. It's like your saying "the world is flat" and asking me to "save my predictable arguments" for why it is round. I literally almost spit out the water I was drinking laughing.

I'm repeating myself but I will remind you that TEAMS win and lose games. It's really quite simple. If you don't get it, you don't get it. I'll find other more worthy intellects to engage in meaningful discussions with.

That being said, I do find your post humorous so at least that has value. Have you ever thought of a career in sports comedy? My only suggestion is to come up with some new material because your back handed Fitz whining, although funny, is starting to get old.

It's all been brought up before like the huge rash of injuries at key positions that also coincide with the slide. You can't educate a stump. He's already trying to weasel out of next year if Fitz comes out blazing again if everyone is healthy. If that happens he won't admit to being wrong but that it is some sort of aberration just like last year and that Fitz sucks and it has nothing to do with any other factors.

It was my fault for even entertaining participating in this thread. He's a TROLL and won't change his mind despite "the predictable arguments" for why he is wrong. Any intelligent poster has to weigh all of the factors and consider new information. People who are more concerned with being right stick to their point despite any and all information provided to the contrary.

My new info is that you cannot see the value of a kid universally looked at as a potential franchise changer. You can stay at status quo, live through another < 8 win season and we will renew the debate next off season when we are talking about Barkley, et al. Well, at least I will. You will be continuing your love affair with Fitz and throw out a myriad of excuses as to why his mediocrity is someone else's fault.

Having said that, show everyone where I am trying to "weasel" out of anything. I have stated I will praise Fitz if he gets us to the playoffs. I am also adamant i don't see it happening.

Edited by Marauder24

Do we at all consider Fitz's broken ribs in assessing his season? I mean really, are we just going to pretend that his slump starting right after breaking his ribs was just a coincidence & that it has no bearing? Or are we pretending that "franchise" :sick: QBs aren't phased by broken bones?

Depends- do you think other top tier qbs don't play hurt? I know brees had major ligament damage in his knee last year (not to mention a 7th string street free agent rb by the playoffs) and rumor was rivers had MAJOR injuries this year (but his play did suffer) Brady may or may not be hurt, well, every week.... Well never know.... And of course big ben has had some bone or another broken for about 4 years now it seems (again some effecting him and others not)

It's tough- I think by mid season most qbs have some similar injuries and most offenses have a few starters out. I think we are just middle of the pack right now. Some weeks better, some worse.