The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe the first part about not wasting the time, effort, picks, and players to move up to get a wholly unproven player. Don't believe the 2nd part about who they like.

Not that it may matter...I can see Claiborne going before our pick anyway.

It's a dream of ours to magically get Robert. it just is not possible in this physical universe.

He has played well interviewed fantastic and killed the whole combine thing. We cannot have him though.

But we will keep the OurFranchiseGuy on our scout list. I am sure FO knows are going to have to get The franchise QB of the future sooner than later. They (FO) were smart in how they dealt with Fitzies contract. And he was right to accept it, knowing that he is a bridge not the end. Don't lose hope Matt let's look forward for another decent draft this time and look to next years QB's like this kid Barkley. It's unfortunate but we are going to better our season record this year for sure!

we wont trade up this year. Nothing worth it. bank that.

I don't understand the premise of this thread at all.

Is there an issue with the idea that Nix isn't willing to trade 3 #1 picks and change for RG3? He didn't say that he doesn't think

that RG3 is any good. He is saying (if these reports are even true/accurate) is that there is only so much he is willing to give

up to get that guy. Let's say I have a nice house for sale. Let's say that it is PERFECT for your family and about 6 other families.

The overall market value of the house is about $150K. Are you an idiot to not bid against someone who is willing to pay $250K

for it?

This is an admittedly contrived example. In reality, the house is a (MUCH) easier decision. Buyers can easily evaluate whether

the house will meet their needs prior to the transaction. They don't need to worry about how the house's value "plays at the next

level" (or in a new neighborhood). They don't need to worry if the house will lose motivation when they pay $250K for it. They

don't need to wonder what the house's value will be based on the properties surrounding it (that is already established).

However with Rg3, we don't know how his game will translate to the NFL level. We don't know for sure that he can fit whatever

scheme the Bills want to run (unless it is EXACTLY what Baylor ran). We also don't know how he would perform with a (relatively)

weaker supporting cast than he had at Baylor.

How could anyone complain that Nix won't get into a "whatever it costs, I'm buying" bidding war for a great prospect, but one

(like all prospects) is unproven?

I don't understand the premise of this thread at all.

Pretty sure it has more to do with the second point than the first. Though for the people around here that have already said Nix should give up everything to get RGIII, I'm sure it's a combination.

Anyway, to answer your question more literally, I believe the premise of the thread is sarcasm.

Edited by Faustus

Kudos to Buddy for having even tried. Not his fault that it's a sellers market and the Rams are asking a ridiculous price.

As much as I would like to see us move up and get RG3, I'm not willing to trade away our entire future for a "maybe".

Also, we SHOULD be interested in Claiborne. Just like we SHOULD be interested in any player with elite talent. Doesnt mean we will draft him, only that we are able to recognize obvious talent. A skill our past front offices lacked.

Not that it may matter...I can see Claiborne going before our pick anyway.

Same. If he is there, I am sure we will pick him. Guy is a stud and those to cbs seem to be the first thing out of his mouth when talking about the draft in general.

I don't think he will be there though. And I honestly wouldn't mind the pick unless someone better falls to us. It is used to decide at ten. With all the mock drafts moat players falling to us don't excite me for a top ten pick. So I am hoping on draft day domineering really good just falls to us

rams announce the pick is up for grabs today, and set the bar for what they want.

nix says they dont want in - its too steep.

theres only a handful of teams in play here.

depending on manning, and flynn, and other GMS... a lot can happen.

maybe in a week? month? things will change.

maybe miami is out of the running. maybe the skins make a splash tonight.

who knows?

sarcasm i hope?

No I am serious I don't want to pick 10th again because we will be under 500. & on Claiborne Nix's said Don't believe we are just looking at the DL or LB position there are some good secondary players out there like a Morris Claiborne & Chris Mortensen didn't report the Claiborne story it was on a Bills rumor site I will try to find a link but again its a rumor I just thought the Bills of all the teams would take another bust CB but wouldn't trade for a Top QB

funny how we were talking about the same stuff for almost 2 months now... :cry:

I think some of us realize what we have been missing the past ten years. Others, are just looking for instant gratification of a wild card appearance.

As Edwards Arm pointed out, having a top QB makes you a reasonable attraction for free agents. That goes for coaches as well. POSSIBLY an owner too by showing the revenue potential of a slumbering football market set afire by the hope of greatness.

And one more underrated way it can impact the fanbase is by creating young fans. Young fans are drawn to superstars. Those kids are the future security of the franchise. The young fans of the 1990's who grew up watching Kelly and co. go to Super Bowls became the seat stuffers of the insufferable 2000's.

Well, the ship is sailing on that group. They are getting older and jaded by 12 years of pure garbage but more importantly the kids growing up in Bills country today have had no superstars or successful teams to create that avid fanbase for the next decade. I honestly haven't seen interest in the Bills in WNY this low since the mid 1980's. It's bad.

The area has been expanded and it is now broad enough to support the team despite relatively tepid interest across that broad area(it's the same amount of butter but the bread is bigger).

But what you want is a rabid fan base that makes the team into a relentless flow of cash for ownership, who in turn puts quality on the field and improves the experience. Right now, the franchise is basically sucking the blood out of the fanbase to make strong profits. Ultimately unsustainable, IMO.

That is what I have been saying all along.

HONEY BADGER!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's clarify this again. Morris Claiborne is the best CB prospect in this draft and reportedly a better prospect

than Patrick Peterson was last year. However, he is NOT the LSU DB that they called Honey Badger (BTW, he is

better than that guy, too).

just curious, how did patrick peterson do this year? I remember there being a lot of hype around him in the draft. a lot of people thought he was the best DB to enter the draft since deion sanders. i barely pay any attention to the NFC so I'm wondering how his first year went, and if he was prepared well enough at LSU to contribute as a rookie.

I don't know much on Claiborne, but i do have a lot of hope for Aaron Williams. I'd rather improve the Dline

Let's clarify this again. Morris Claiborne is the best CB prospect in this draft and reportedly a better prospect

than Patrick Peterson was last year. However, he is NOT the LSU DB that they called Honey Badger (BTW, he is

better than that guy, too).

Let's clarify this again. You are talking to Crayonz. :P