The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

it will take at least 1,2,3 this year and a 1 next to get into the discussion . The question is would you do it ?

depends what you think of him.

if you think he's a more refined version of cam newton (i do), then i make that trade in a heart beat. the idea of having a QB of that stature to build around is invaluable IMO.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will take at least 1,2,3 this year and a 1 next to get into the discussion . The question is would you do it ?

It's definitely a tough question. I believe he is worth the picks we'd have to trade, but it's tough to say that for a team with so many needs.

We do have those extra 4ths and 5ths. Maybe this is why Buddy said the draft was deep at DE into the mid/late rounds! He's preparing us for dealing with addressing the Pass Rush (our biggest need) later on since all our early picks will go to RG3. :P

I really dont think Id be too upset if they pulled that trigger.

It's definitely a tough question. I believe he is worth the picks we'd have to trade, but it's tough to say that for a team with so many needs.

We do have those extra 4ths and 5ths. Maybe this is why Buddy said the draft was deep at DE into the mid/late rounds! He's preparing us for dealing with addressing the Pass Rush (our biggest need) later on since all our early picks will go to RG3. :P

I really dont think Id be too upset if they pulled that trigger.

I feel the same way you do. It is tough to give up all those picks for one player when we have a few crucial holes to fill up (and IMO, QB is a minor problem for us), but if you can get someone as good as I think RG3 is, you have to do it. Having RG3 behind the center for the next decade would do wonders for any team.

What do you guys think about Jordan Jefferson?

You should be banned.

He's that bad.

On and off the field.

would you give up next years #1 pick, in addition to swapping this years #1's (2&10)?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d82736ace/RGIII-40-yard-dash?module=HP11_content_stream

More than that. And yes I would.

I feel the same way you do. It is tough to give up all those picks for one player when we have a few crucial holes to fill up (and IMO, QB is a minor problem for us), but if you can get someone as good as I think RG3 is, you have to do it. Having RG3 behind the center for the next decade would do wonders for any team.

I guess we should note that the Bills are going into the draft with 9 picks. edit: 10 picks!

Even if we trade away 1,2,3, we still have 7* picks to address DE/LB/WR/OL/DB.

The draft is pretty deep at WR and Buddy has a knack for finding later round WRs. If he also thinks the draft is deep at DE in the mid-rounds... go for it. This would be the chance for he and Whaley to make a statement.

But they MUST hit on at least 3 of those 7* remaining picks for it to not be a complete waste.

Edited by DrDareustein

I think I would do it, based on the fact that we know he can handle being a passer- he has a good arm, can make tough throws (not just the long ones) and looks like he can handle reading defenses.

His speed is a nice addition, but look at what it does in the context of an offense: His ability to run changes the defensive dynamic on third downs and creates the ability to pull the defensive coverage off the receivers as he nears the line of scrimmage- because he has to speed to take it the distance- pretty much the same way a fast receiver scares and stretches the defense.

He can be a game changer and there aren't a lot of those in the league. Imagine the fear that a lightning fast backfield of RGIII and Spiller could create. Then add Jackson as a grinder and Johnson getting that much more help. Not to mention how this benefits the defense by putting up points and keeping them off the field.

My only wish is that Griffin would make more passes off a strong base--he has poor footwork. I'd move up for Luck at 2 if the Colts make the RG3 mistake, but would let the draft come to me at #10 if Luck is gone.

It wouldn't entirely shock me if the Colts did make the RG3 mistake (this is Jim Irsay we're talking about here). If Luck falls to the Rams I'd trade picks 1-4 this year plus 1 and 3 next year. I'm a big fan of Fitz, but when life deals you a shot at Andrew Luck you have to make that happen.

As far as the other holes, get a WR, OT, and DE in FA and get your popcorn ready.

I know the smart thing to do would be to select the BPA a #10 and continue to add solid players to our roster. Trading back from #10 could give us another 2nd rd pick, but im not sure if there is anybody that could be of value to another team at #10. We could go BPA with the traded pick and draft a DE and possibly WR with our 2nd rd picks. BUT what if we sacrificed our #10 pick, 2013 and 2014 1st rd picks to acquire RGIII. I know many of you believe this would set us back rather than improve our overall team, but when a prospect like Griffin III comes along, i think you have to do what it takes to get him. There will still be talent in the 2nd rd and beyond and we would finally have our QB of the future. We could trade Fitz or let him go and free up a lot of cap space for a top free agent DE. I know a lot of you will say im crazy, and i know it probably won't happen, but could you imagine our offense with RGIII, Freddie, Spiller, Stevie, and whatever other weapons we might add(maybe Easley comes along for us or we draft a wr in rd 2). Our offense would be INSANE!!

I know the smart thing to do would be to select the BPA a #10 and continue to add solid players to our roster. Trading back from #10 could give us another 2nd rd pick, but im not sure if there is anybody that could be of value to another team at #10. We could go BPA with the traded pick and draft a DE and possibly WR with our 2nd rd picks. BUT what if we sacrificed our #10 pick, 2013 and 2014 1st rd picks to acquire RGIII. I know many of you believe this would set us back rather than improve our overall team, but when a prospect like Griffin III comes along, i think you have to do what it takes to get him. There will still be talent in the 2nd rd and beyond and we would finally have our QB of the future. We could trade Fitz or let him go and free up a lot of cap space for a top free agent DE. I know a lot of you will say im crazy, and i know it probably won't happen, but could you imagine our offense with RGIII, Freddie, Spiller, Stevie, and whatever other weapons we might add(maybe Easley comes along for us or we draft a wr in rd 2). Our offense would be INSANE!!

do you want to go on a fantastic run of playoff berths, prime time games, winning seasons, relevance in the league, and maybe even a Super Bowl?

Then yes, you make the trade.

If you want to continue middling around with a mediocre QB then enjoy 8-8 or worse until there is a new owner and everyone gets fired.

the Raiders gave up next years #1 for Carson Palmer... I would have no problem doing that for RG3... if he ends up a bust, AT LEAST WE TRIED! (which is something I haven't seen this franchise do... ever)

great point. time for this organization to take a !@#$ing shot to grab a superstar.

If you look at point system used to trade draft picks, it would take practically our whole draft to move from #10 to #2.

If I thought it could actually happen I'd have no problem pulling the trigger on that. More than likely the Rams would want multiple 1st rounders though. That I'd be reluctant to do.

I'm pretty shocked (and a little impressed) at the replies in this thread. I thought for sure most would scoff at the idea of giving away so many picks for a QB.

I agree. I think RGIII is going to be a superstar in the NFL and would be very excited to see the Bills make a move like this.

I'm pretty shocked (and a little impressed) at the replies in this thread. I thought for sure most would scoff at the idea of giving away so many picks for a QB.

I agree. I think RGIII is going to be a superstar in the NFL and would be very excited to see the Bills make a move like this.

More people are beginning to realize there is no worst case scenario anymore. This franchise is already there. Four straight years of dead last in the AFC East, the longest playoff drought in the league (over a decade) ... and the sad part is last year showed us all just how far this team has to go before it's relevant again. They have a serious dearth in talent on the roster and are in dire need of playmakers AND depth. But then again, that's what we've been saying for 12 years and counting. Things aren't getting better -- they're staying the same.

So what if they roll the dice, waste a couple first round picks and RG3 ends up busting? This team isn't going anywhere, and worse, they don't seem to have a plan. In short, this front office needs to do SOMETHING to jolt the franchise back into relevancy -- and that starts with finding a marquee QB. I think if the Bills did make a big move to get the #2 pick, a lot more people on the board would be okay with that this year than they would have been 3 years ago ...

All that said, there's no way the Bills are going to move up to get RG3. Fitz will start for this team in '12.

Edited by tgreg99

More people are beginning to realize there is no worst case scenario anymore. This franchise is already there. Four straight years of dead last in the AFC East, the longest playoff drought in the league (over a decade) ... and the sad part is last year showed us all just how far this team has to go before it's relevant again. They have a serious dearth in talent on the roster and are in dire need of playmakers AND depth. But then again, that's what we've been saying for 12 years and counting. Things aren't getting better -- they're staying the same.

So what if they roll the dice, waste a couple first round picks and RG3 ends up busting? This team isn't going anywhere, and worse, they don't seem to have a plan. In short, this front office needs to do SOMETHING to jolt the franchise back into relevancy -- and that starts with finding a marquee QB. I think if the Bills did make a big move to get the #2 pick, a lot more people on the board would be okay with that this year than they would have been 3 years ago ...

All that said, there's no way the Bills are going to move up to get RG3. Fitz will start for this team in '12.

It is pretty sad that this team only saw one starter and impact player from day one in (save Marcel Darius) in 2 drafts. Will anyone from that 2010 draft be a starter this year?

I think the team bottomed out for the 2010 season with all those rookie assistant coaches Gailey hired, and now with wannstache taking over the defense this years team should be more competitive just because of that one coaching move. This Bills team still has so many holes that trading away this years and next years picks for a QB at this juncture would be beyond foolish IMO. Signing Johnson, and either drafting or signing free agents at positions OLB-DE-OT-WR that all start and can make an impact should propel this years team to a winning record. But the drawback might be finding 4 starters from the draft and free agency.

Give us your expectations of what it would take to move up to get RGIII. What would it take for the Browns to move up and would the Rams take the Bills' offer over the Browns'?