The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

What if Flynn goes to Miami, manning to Washington, and the browns decide to not give away everything come April?

I know the browns seem toooo obvious but it's still a long way.

Because if he falls to 4 the Browns won't have to give away anything. And rest assured, they would take him at 4.

If anyone REALLY wants the guy, then any team, including the Bills, can make it happen (see: Ricky Williams)

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1330455701[/url]' post='2391009']

To say the Bills don't have the bullets is absurd.

Think about it… unless the NFL ceased to exist, the Bills have almost limitless, infinite bullets to fire in acquiring the 2nd pick overall.

If you don't understand this, you're not thinking hard enough.

This.

Because if he falls to 4 the Browns won't have to give away anything. And rest assured, they would take him at 4.

If anyone REALLY wants the guy, then any team, including the Bills, can make it happen (see: Ricky Williams)

My point being that bidding against one team is a lot easier than 3, 4 or 5 teams chasing.

I read from the Bills site that they interviewed with RGIII. I dont ask why because I dont like him, (would love him), but to be perfectly honest, we dont have the bullets to compete with the other suiters for the 2 pick... Why waste their and his time interviewing - to further tease themselves?

Why? Because it could be reasoned that RG III would almost immediately make the Bills Superbowl contenders. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are getting way up there in years. Rothlesburger is always hurt. Flacco sucks. The Colts are decimated so it will be a long time before Luck can be dominate. San Diego is past it's prime so Rivers is of no threat.

First, I think the Browns are out because Holmgren won't be able to stomach giving away so many picks to move up just two spots. This leaves the Redskins, Dolphins and Bills. What if the Dolphins sign P. Manning and Reggie Wayne which is very possible? That leaves the Redskins and Bills. If the Bills and Redskins offers are virtually the same, would the Rams want RG III in their own conference which already has Rodgers, Brees and E. Manning?

I am happy that the Bills are entertaining the possibility of getting RG III. The crazy part is coming up with the final cost in draft picks. I have a feeling he'd be worth the price though.

I am happy that the Bills are entertaining the possibility of getting RG III. The crazy part is coming up with the final cost in draft picks. I have a feeling he'd be worth the price though.

Now you're making an assumption but I tend to agree with you… that the Bills are exploring the possibility of moving up to take Griffin.

NFL teams are allowed to interview 60 players at the combine.

I've read all the reasons upthread about why they would draft a player that they have no chance of drafting (due diligence, future possibilities, etc) and while those are all perfectly good reasons, I'm not buying that they would interview Griffin for those reasons.

I don't think the Bills have ruled out trying to make a play for this kid.

JMO.

Teams talk to a lot of players to...

...not only find out about the player, but more importantly, find out about their teammates they have genuine interest in.

When I see the Bills talk to a player they have no shot at getting like RGIII, it tells me they have some unique interest in perhaps a Baylor offensive lineman or wide receiver.

Edited by dpberr

Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray & Landry Jones are the three highest rated QB's for next year Draft but Buffalo is projected to pick 9th (know surprise)Landry Jones is projected to be available but we might as well keep Fitzpatrick as the starter

Edited by Matt183

I read from the Bills site that they interviewed with RGIII. I dont ask why because I dont like him, (would love him), but to be perfectly honest, we dont have the bullets to compete with the other suiters for the 2 pick... Why waste their and his time interviewing - to further tease themselves?

Someone will circualte a rumor that RG III picked up a crackpipe right after the combine allowing the Bills to draft him without moving up as his stock plummets. Sly Buddy Nix. :devil:

Now you're making an assumption but I tend to agree with you… that the Bills are exploring the possibility of moving up to take Griffin.

NFL teams are allowed to interview 60 players at the combine.

I've read all the reasons upthread about why they would draft a player that they have no chance of drafting (due diligence, future possibilities, etc) and while those are all perfectly good reasons, I'm not buying that they would interview Griffin for those reasons.

I don't think the Bills have ruled out trying to make a play for this kid.

JMO.

Especially given that RG III and Chan Gailey are tailor made for each other. This is very intriguing news. If the Bills see him as the "game changer" needed to propel this franchise to the top then they will probably make a serious play for him.

Especially given that RG III and Chan Gailey are tailor made for each other. This is very intriguing news. If the Bills see him as the "game changer" needed to propel this franchise to the top then they will probably make a serious play for him.

Bwahahahaha. If Crayonz was funny, this is the kind of stuff he'd post.

Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray & Landry Jones are the three highest rated QB's for next year Draft but Buffalo is projected to pick 9th (know surprise)Landry Jones is projected to be available but we might as well keep Fitzpatrick as the starter

How can you project who is going to pick where before the draft and FA? o and the season :wallbash:

See, I think Fitz gets way too much blame and is far from our biggest problem. I do think he can lead us to the playoffs with better talent around him.

That said, I recognize he's limited. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings to think if Gailey can make Fitz and Thigpen look like legit NFL starters, what could he do with a true talent like Fitz? I love Newton last year but I did understand the character reservations (they still were overblown to me though). However, RG3 has the physical skills of Newton and the character of Tebow.

I hate the idea of giving up him picks, but I'm warming up to the idea. We need to make a big move. As much as everyone likes to call Ralph cheap, he has always been willing to pay his QBs good $: Jimbo, RJ after the trade, Bledsoe was the highest paid player in the league, and now Fitz. I beleive the Bills have never drafted a QB top 10. Maybe it's time to try something different. If the kid fails, it won't because of effort.

And worst case scenario, we will have a nasty Madden team next year. :devil: