If the Bills get over 121 yds passing

Rubes

That is true but does anyone view them as a Super Bowl contender?

Stranger things have happened but I don't see them going far.

I don't see them as a #1, either, but I also don't see any AFC team playing at a consistently high enough level for me to say they'll knock off the Pats.

Definite contender and I've said it here before. If they can set the record for most passing yards against and still have the record they do, it tells you that they have one of the best offenses in the league with one of the best QBs, hands down. I think everyone here wishes they weren't contenders but deep down knows they are. Honestly, I don't see a team in the AFC that's can beat this offense, including Baltimore and Pittsburgh. With Brady and his weapons, they're a matchup nightmare. They've shown they can give up 30 and score 35.

I think they represent then AFC in the Super Bowl.

Definite contender and I've said it here before. If they can set the record for most passing yards against and still have the record they do, it tells you that they have one of the best offenses in the league with one of the best QBs, hands down. I think everyone here wishes they weren't contenders but deep down knows they are. Honestly, I don't see a team in the AFC that's can beat this offense, including Baltimore and Pittsburgh. With Brady and his weapons, they're a matchup nightmare. They've shown they can give up 30 and score 35.

Yeah I guess with the AFC seeming to be the weaker conference and the drop off of almost every AFC contender this year, I could actually see the Cheating Bastards* make it to Indianapolis… where they'll get their asses kicked by the NFC representative.

Yes me definitely. AFC SB rep highly unlikely to come from West or South. Ravens are inconsistent and Steelers are banged up. I definitely have Pats deservedly #1 AFC seed. Get to Super Bowl and Bellichek will have more rings than anyone he faces. DON'T COUNT THEM OUT AGAINST ANYONE.

The steelers thumped them not too long ago and held little tommy-boy to under 200 yards passing. They are beatable, and with a defense that horrid, they are vulnerable in the playoffs.

Edited by Ramius

I was thinking about that...it's at least possible that we could see two highly mediocre defenses in the Superbowl this year (NE vs Green Bay).

I'm sure the Pats remember getting their butts whupped by the Jets in their 1st playoff game last year, and will go overtime and overboard to keep that from happening again.

I guess this will be a test-case of the truism "offense wins games but defense wins championships".

Aside: all the hype over Giants vs Cowboys is making me queasy. They would both be in 2nd or 3rd place in any other NFC division, and heading for the sofa after Sunday.

The steelers thumped them not too long ago and held little tommy-boy to under 200 yards passing. They are beatable, and with a defense that horrid, they are vulnerable in the playoffs.

Not only that, but Brady passed for 342 yds and 2 TD against the G-men, and they still went home with an "L" at the end of the day

If the Patriots do make it to the Super Bowl I would like to see them face the 9'ers and that defense. It would be the better game then the Packers and Saints where it will be a final score of 60-54. If it is the Packers it will be intersting to watch two totally different style QB's play against each other and see what those TE's do up the middle on those weak GB LB's.

While they will have no chance against the NFC opponent they could beat the Ravens easier then the Texans but could upset the Steelers...however, watching them lose in the first round to Denver would be sweet!

For all their offensive prowess, I have a tough time believing they can get by defenses such as Pittsburgh and Baltimore's. But I really want them to reach the Superbowl and watch their rears get thumped by any one of the 49ers, Packers or Saints. I think the Saints or the Pack can put up 500+ yards on that pass D.

Yeah I guess with the AFC seeming to be the weaker conference and the drop off of almost every AFC contender this year, I could actually see the Cheating Bastards* make it to Indianapolis… where they'll get their asses kicked by the NFC representative.

Balance of power has definitely swung back to the NFC. Packers and Saints are very good teams, and either one could win the SB going away . . .

They are a contender, but I do not see them going to Indianapolis.

I think the Ravens are the superior team. What a shame that the Texans lost Schaub, otherwise you could have made a case that they would have had a real shot at the Super Bowl.

Edited by Mark Vader

How can they not be a SB contender? Is Baltimore going to get there with Flacco? Is Big Ben going there on that bad ankle?

For all their offensive prowess, I have a tough time believing they can get by defenses such as Pittsburgh and Baltimore's. But I really want them to reach the Superbowl and watch their rears get thumped by any one of the 49ers, Packers or Saints. I think the Saints or the Pack can put up 500+ yards on that pass D.

I almost wish that they DO represent the AFC in the Superbowl just so that the Packers or Saints absolutely obliterate their terrible pass defense with their awesome offense, something to the tune of 52-13. Maybe even Bellicheck would retire in embarassment after stomping off the field.

The three teams (NE, NO, GB) are nearly identical. All three have "terrible pass defense" (ranked 1, 2, 3 in passing yards allowed--tho only teams allowing over 4000), their D's aren't very good (18th, 19th, 20th in points allowed--all just over 21 points) and overall their Ds are ranked 30,31,32. They all have "awesome offense". NO, NE, GB are ranked 1,2 and 5 overall and 2, 3, 1 in points scored.

Why would they destroy the pats if they seem so evenly matched?

Edited by Mr. WEO

I don't know, you think Brady is ONE OF the best QB's in the league? That's going out on a limb right there.

I agree though, I think they come out of the AFC this year. As strange as it sounds, they're overdue.