With the injuries will they let Jasper play

....lybob

2 sacks and 1 forced fumble on Sunday verse the Pats Baby!!!! Go Jasper!!

He's been practicing as an offensive lineman since the start of the season.

With Colin Brown playing center, the team probably activated Jasper for tackle depth… although I'm guessing he's still behind Sam Young and might be inactive against the Patriots.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been practicing as an offensive lineman since the start of the season.

With Colin Brown playing center, the team probably activated Jasper for tackle depth… although I'm guessing he's still behind Sam Young and might be inactive against the Patriots.

I thought he was working at G.

our new #1 WR!

Leslie Mike Jasper @BIGshadowMIKE 14m

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

PRAISE GOD FINALLY ACTIVE...HATE THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND PRAY MY TEAMMATES AND BROTHERS GET WELL SOON BUT THIS IS ONLY THE START OF MUCH MORE

:thumbsup: I love it!

Per Chris Brown's twitter page. It's about time ;)

http://twitter.com/chrisbrownbills

While this guy was a fun off season story, I don't expect much if anything to come of it. Despite his size, he was pushed around just like any other UDFA. I didn't see any reason to think he'd fare better at OG. After watching him in the preseason it was clear that a big body alone does not translate into NFL performance. I should have learned this lesson after Mike Williams... :wallbash:

Good to hear he's getting a game check though.

They should play him at center for hilarity...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Yah with the Bills O line doing that good & us having a lead like that in one half what's the sense of pulling some one to see how another will do ?? Just wait till the second half to see if the Pat's can close the gap then if we get in trouble try some different guys out !!! :w00t:

Jasper just got promoted to the 53 man squad per bills text

I was able to be on the field at Ralph Wilson for my sons Section 6 Championship Jmst vs OP and he was on the sideline...I believe Aaron Williams was also with him and I think a lb (Barnett?)...anyways I went over to talk with him to let him know twobillsdrive was rooting for him but I wasn't able to get over to tell him.

He is a very large individual. I call him "The Shadow" lol

Happy he's in the lineup!

Edited by The Tomcat

I agree. He should be playing as many positions and both sides as much as possible. Put him in at OG, OT, FB, DT, DE, blocker on ST. You name it, we need to see what we have in this kid. The fact he hasn't made the field yet is beyond me. The point whe. The Bills were eliminated from playoff contention they should have been playing all thier draft picks as much as possible. Goes along with my whole argument as to why Spille isn't run 30+ times a game just to see if he can carry the load.

380 pounds??

Officially 383:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/Michael-Jasper/039b5a0c-727f-4ab1-9f5d-0a4b27451149

Also, per BB website:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-promote-OL-Jasper-TE-Caussin-to-I-R/ae88e5ce-e290-44fa-80b4-98037e909aea

The 6’4” 383-pound lineman admitted making the transition back to offensive line took a bit of time.

“It was kind of weird because I had totally focused my mind on playing nose tackle,” said Jasper. “So finally getting it back geared up to offensive line it wasn’t until this past month that I got all the way back mentally to being an offensive lineman. I’ve really tried to hone back in on the technique because I had thrown it all out the window to focus on my pass rush and stopping the run. Now I’m feeling pretty confident in my run blocking again and I’m still honing in on the pass pro technique.”

Jasper has been working primarily at guard, but has also seen work at offensive tackle and center.

“(offensive line coach) Joe D’Alessandris has been working on my snaps before practice and turning me into a bit of a center so it’s been kind of fun, but I think I’m a guard first and then a probably tackle second knowing I played there when I was at Tennessee-Martin.”