So take a look at me now,

'cos there's just an empty space

And there's nothing left here to remind me,

just the memory of your face

Take a look at me now,

'cos there's just an empty space

And you coming back to me

is against all odds and that's what I've got to face

Maybe Buddy can dial up Jeff Bridges and add him to our offensive arsenal next year. :thumbsup:

I laughed when I read this article. Several more years to build? We need to have patience? Unbelievable.

On a more substantive note, I do think that RW's views about our wide receivers and tight ends must also be the views shared by Nix. We should expect a wide receiver to be drafted early. I thought that Chandler was playing okay, but the comment about tight-ends getting injured was kind of interesting.

I would not assume that Stevie will be back. They may think he is part of the problem and that they can upgrade. I hope this is not the case.

The Bills have to address their defense. Mr. Wilson is right though. They could use an upgrade around Fitz. Specifically, a WR who can stretch the field. So March will be a big month for the Bills. They can get a speed WR in FA. If so they can use the draft for defense. If not, they need to go heavy in FA on defense.

My bet? They re-sign Stevie AND grab another WR in FA. It's easier to grab one WR than several defensive pieces.

Edited by purple haze

One day we may have an organization top to bottom that commits to putting together a consistently competitive team yearly. That isn't today....and next year ain't looking so good either. The "small market" excuse is beat. The Steelers/Packers have no problem doing this, because they have a commitment to winning. The Bills don't. It's not cause "the weather is bad, the economy sucks" or whatever tired excuse people wanna use. The Bills as an organization just do not seem overly concerned about putting together a team that can win. Just the bare minimum that "if healthy" can go 8-8 9-7 ish. As fans we're forced to accept it, cause there's really nothing we can do to change this philosophy. We've had more than a handful of above average players who've we let walk right out the door onto other teams. Players that were good enough to win with. Just "not good enough for Buffalo" smh :wallbash: Hope for the best but realistically expect the worst. It should be great next year when we avoid real issues draft a wr in the 1st rd to replace Steve Johnson and go "well in 2-3 years he'll be elite" as other pieces of the team continue to fall apart. The Bills conduct player personnel like they're nothing more than a minor league market for other teams. It's irritating to say the least

Edited by Stealth

"Wilson said his only message to fans was “patience” because he projects it’s going to take several more years to build a contender after the team essentially started from scratch two years ago under new general manager Buddy Nix and new coach Chan Gailey."

I agree with you, OP. Several more years ? With no reference to his age, really which generation is he living in ? Which owner in todays age of free agency asks for another few years on top of the two that have already been spent ? The last thing he should be asking for is patience. Yes, I am willing to give the new regime another year but the Bills have sucked for the better part of this millennium.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Good stuff John. Sometimes I think you're the only one Ralph talks to in the media!

I am not opposed to the Toronto extension and quite honestly given the Dec games at the Ralph over the past couple decades I think Ralph should make the stipulation that it be a December game being played there.

Allow them to charge less but in return at least it is a sell out and the Bills can make some money.....granted not nearly as much as peope tend to state here. The deal was for $78M over 5 years for 8 games. The Bills usually make around $5M per game (at the Ralph) so $40M for those 8 games. So the Bills make an extra 7M per year roughly playing those games there. Even if it was only $5M per year extra it does help the team a bit.

I personally think it really does not do much to generate Toronto's enthusiasm for the Bills. They would be better off having the players go to Southern Ontario and do appearances as So Ontario has a lot of Bills fans and they love coming to the games. They much more identify with the Bills and the Bills' fans thsn the population of Toronto.

My message to RW is that I have patience, I patiently sat through deplorable season after season and finally gave up my seasons last year and I'll wait for you and your team to earn my business back. Of course, I have no say on my annual tax donations you use to make your $25-$30 mil a year but I do have a say over what comes out of my bank account.

Be patient Ralphie, I'll return when you're committed to winning.

If I am 90+ years old the last thing I will ever want to think of is having patience. My Grandpa at 93 only began to relax and get "patient" and that was a mix of his demise. I am greatful for Ralph Wilson and happy he is a Bills fan but I do not want to be told he thinks we need to be patient!

Really? Patience you wanna talk patience? Patience I mean cmon man its only ben 12 years that we have been "statring from scratch". i hate that old man period.

fire away

What Uncle Scrooge Wilson meant was "patience" he's only a few 10 million dollars away from rowing a boat through his money in the bank vault.