Batten vs Spencer Johnson.

Time to give Batten a good look at OLB over the fat and slow Johnson. At the start of the year he was giving Merrimen a break,here and there. I even saw a few pressures from him.Johnson looks like a dinosaur out there. Cannot seal or turn in the edge at all. Another move that needs looked at since our season ,once again is over. Johnson outside has got to be the biggest joke to oppossing O-cordinators. Since Sheppard who sux is getting his shot,Batten seems like he needs a good long look also. I also was high on this Eddins kid in preseason.Edwards needs to go now. His lack of developing players is horrible. Look at Maybin.

Agree. Why on earth are the following guys not starting, getting tons of playing time, or being used as much as any normal starter would.

Spiller

Batten

Moats

Carrington

Eddins

Rosevelt

Jasper (I know Heard looked really good and of course Dotson but you drafted this guy thinking he'd be a monster, at almost 400lbs why are you not seeing if he can play G, C, OT, DT?

That's all I can think of right now. Unfortunately next year well be in the same position because guysbwe drafted or expect to be future role players or depth are not getting the necessary reps now when the team is playing for nothing.

Agree. Why on earth are the following guys not starting, getting tons of playing time, or being used as much as any normal starter would.

Spiller

Batten

Moats

Carrington

Eddins

Rosevelt

Jasper (I know Heard looked really good and of course Dotson but you drafted this guy thinking he'd be a monster, at almost 400lbs why are you not seeing if he can play G, C, OT, DT?

That's all I can think of right now. Unfortunately next year well be in the same position because guysbwe drafted or expect to be future role players or depth are not getting the necessary reps now when the team is playing for nothing.

Horrible coaching is what keeps us down year after year. That and being cheap. George and Wanstash are not doing jack. Who is the outside backer coach? needs shitz canned also.

Time to give Batten a good look at OLB over the fat and slow Johnson. At the start of the year he was giving Merrimen a break,here and there. I even saw a few pressures from him.Johnson looks like a dinosaur out there. Cannot seal or turn in the edge at all. Another move that needs looked at since our season ,once again is over. Johnson outside has got to be the biggest joke to oppossing O-cordinators. Since Sheppard who sux is getting his shot,Batten seems like he needs a good long look also. I also was high on this Eddins kid in preseason.Edwards needs to go now. His lack of developing players is horrible. Look at Maybin.

I don't think it's fair to call Johnson fat and slow. He's a Defensive Tackle playing OLB. I never understood putting him out there.

I don't think it's fair to call Johnson fat and slow. He's a Defensive Tackle playing OLB. I never understood putting him out there.

Because he is their best option. Give the coaches a little credit, they study the game film and grade every player on every play. If batten gave them the best chance to win he would be starting. This is a team that started the season very thin on talent and now 7 starters or so are out for the season. We could see the big beer guy in uniform before the season is up. What pisses me off is that there was no plan B for Meriman.

Because he is their best option. Give the coaches a little credit, they study the game film and grade every player on every play. If batten gave them the best chance to win he would be starting. This is a team that started the season very thin on talent and now 7 starters or so are out for the season. We could see the big beer guy in uniform before the season is up. What pisses me off is that there was no plan B for Meriman.

I don't know, fans seemed to catch on to Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson far sooner than the coaching staff did.

This is just an indictment on Edward's coordinating skills. If I were a betting man rooting for a different team, I'd put my house down on the fact that he'll be fired this off season. But history for the Bills in recent years doesn't make me feel to sure.

I don't know, fans seemed to catch on to Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson far sooner than the coaching staff did.

To be fair, Stevie is even still taking his bumps. Thrown in the fire 3 years ago he may not have handled it well. Also, different coaching staff on both those players.

Spiller

Batten

Moats

Carrington

Eddins

Rosevelt

Also we should have been took a look at Kamar Aiken instead of declaring Brad Smith a wide receiver

Also we should have been took a look at Kamar Aiken instead of declaring Brad Smith a wide receiver

Sorry but if you put ALL these practice squad guys out against NFL starters, you'll be so outmanned you won't see who cam and can't play. You'll probably see a spike in injuries too.

Spiller

Batten

Moats

Carrington

Eddins

Rosevelt

Because they stink.

Johnson was a better DT than Stroud, is a better DE than Carrington and is a better OLB than Moats or Batten. That's pretty good for a backup. People picking on him have run out of stuff to talk about.

Edited by vincec

Spiller

Batten

Moats

Carrington

Eddins

Rosevelt

Learn the game and you will realize that even on this bad team they are very bad except for maybe Spiller and Rosevelt can maybe be ok

Batten was playing good then he got that personnel foul penalty against some QB that I forgot and he has been barely on the field since. I think the coaches pull guys too soon because they aren't well rounded enough instead of leaving them in there getting experience even if they take a few lumps.

Spiller

Batten

Moats

Carrington

Eddins

Rosevelt

need to leave Heard in there because he is young too and you can't just put in backups, they have earn it in practice first.

That's because fans of sucky teams always want the backups to play, so once in a while they're bound to be right. Bills fans also recently "caught on" to the greatness of Levi Brown, Trent Edwards, Arthur Moats, Joique Bell and Jonathan Stupar.

That's because fans of sucky teams always want the backups to play, so once in a while they're bound to be right. Bills fans also recently "caught on" to the greatness of Levi Brown, Trent Edwards, Arthur Moats, Joique Bell and Jonathan Stupar.

Not saying fans are always right or even right more often, but saying the coaches always know better is wrong too.

Edited by Arkady Renko