Met Chris White's Aunt tonight

Jerry Jabber

I took the kids out to dinner tonight at a Japanese steakhouse here in Fredericksburg, VA. There were two ladies already seated at the table (looked like they were mother & daughter). My son was wearing his Bills t-shirt which had "Posluszny 51" on the back. The ladies asked if we were Bills fans, and I said "Yes". The older lady said her nephew plays for the Bills. I asked who, and she said "Chris White." I asked how does he like playing for the Bills & Dave Wannstedt. She said he thinks all the coaches are very nice. She said that Chris was worried about a having a job next year, since he had his knee injury & went on IR, but was reassured by the coaches that he'll be back next year. Coming to Buffalo was a big culture shock for Chris, since he is a country boy & has never seen an inch of snow in his life. She said Chris likes Buffalo and is currently in Buffalo rehabbing his knee. She did say that Chris feels the strength & conditioning coaches are much better at the college level. Chris hired his own personal trainer to help with rehab, which is going good. Other than that, she said Chris likes playing for the Bills.

Nice job, Chris. After tossing your S&C coaches under the bus, are you sure you're gonna be back in Buffalo next year?

IMO, the Bills need to get either better quality S&C coaches or hire more S&C coaches. Nix when took over as GM, he talked about the S&C coaches being a problem and hired 2 new coaches, but still, we're seeing the same results every year.

Thanks for posting JJ. Interesting stuff.

I'm a bit torn about the S&C disclosure.

Chris probably said this with some degree of confidence to his family and had he known it was gonna appear on a fan forum and possibly get back to his employers… well you see where I'm going with this.

Anyways, thanks again.

IMO, the Bills need to get either better quality S&C coaches or hire more S&C coaches. Nix when took over as GM, he talked about the S&C coaches being a problem and hired 2 new coaches, but still, we're seeing the same results every year.

How are the S&C coaches going to keep a player from geting their knee rolled up and tearing a ligament? Doesn't matter how strong you are. The body is not meant to be bent certain ways or take certain types of abuse continually. Fred Jackson's broken leg had nothing to do with strength or conditioning. Woods' knee or Williams' foot had nothing to do with strength or conditioning. Pulls and sprains have more to do with S&C. Not many Bills had those problems this season.

I'm not surprised White would hire his own trainer to help him rehab. The Bills' S & C still have to train the player that are playing. White needs total focus on rehabbing. Makes sense. Football is a rough game. Is it the Bears S&C coaches fault Cutler got hurt? Or Forte? Every team has injuries and next season there will be more. You hope they aren't season ending or to players that are pivotal.

Mr. Wilson could pay you a million dollars a year and I guarantee you there will still be players on IR during your tenure. They lift, they run, they do various other training. A three hundred pound man rolls into your knee at the wrong angle, at the right speed and your player has a good chance to be injured.

Edited by purple haze

Thanks for posting JJ. Interesting stuff.

I'm a bit torn about the S&C disclosure.

Chris probably said this with some degree of confidence to his family and had he known it was gonna appear on a fan forum and possibly get back to his employers… well you see where I'm going with this.

Anyways, thanks again.

Beyond that - it's third hand info

Could simply have been "I really miss Joe trainer that I had for four years. Now that I'm the 53rd guy on the depth chart I'm not getting the same personal attention from these trainers I've known for 3 months that I used to get as big man on campus."

How are the S&C coaches going to keep a player from geting their knee rolled up and tearing a ligament? Doesn't matter how strong you are. The body is not meant to be bent certain ways or take certain types of abuse continually. Fred Jackson's broken leg had nothing to do with strength or conditioning. Woods' knee or Williams' foot had nothing to do with strength or conditioning. Pulls and sprains have more to do with S&C. Not many Bills had those problems this season.

I'm not surprised White would hire his own trainer to help him rehab. The Bills' S & C still have to train the player that are playing. White needs total focus on rehabbing. Makes sense. Football is a rough game. Is it the Bears S&C coaches fault Cutler got hurt? Or Forte? Every team has injuries and next season there will be more. You hope they aren't season ending or to players that are pivotal.

Mr. Wilson could pay you a million dollars a year and I guarantee you there will still be players on IR during your tenure. They lift, they run, they do various other training. A three hundred pound man rolls into your knee at the wrong angle, at the right speed and your player has a good chance to be injured.

HEY! THERE ARE NO INTELLIGENT, WELL THOUGHT OUT POSTS ALLOWED HERE! :D

Nice job, Chris. After tossing your S&C coaches under the bus, are you sure you're gonna be back in Buffalo next year?

Oh yeah, he really threw the S&C coaches under the bus...in a private conversation with a family member, which was then allegedly relayed to an anonymous fan, who then paraphrased that secondhand conversation on an internet message board.

That's being thrown under the bus if I've ever seen it.

Note: This isn't a claim against the OP's veracity.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Oh yeah, he really threw the S&C coaches under the bus...in a private conversation with a family member, which was then allegedly relayed to an anonymous fan, who then paraphrased that secondhand conversation on an internet message board.

That's being thrown under the bus if I've ever seen it.

Note: This isn't a claim against the OP's veracity.

Not only that, but White was probably stating the obvious. When a team loses 20 players to IR every year, you have to start wondering about how good the S&c coaches are.

I took the kids out to dinner tonight at a Japanese steakhouse here in Fredericksburg, VA. There were two ladies already seated at the table (looked like they were mother & daughter). My son was wearing his Bills t-shirt which had "Posluszny 51" on the back. The ladies asked if we were Bills fans, and I said "Yes". The older lady said her nephew plays for the Bills. I asked who, and she said "Chris White." I asked how does he like playing for the Bills & Dave Wannstedt. She said he thinks all the coaches are very nice. She said that Chris was worried about a having a job next year, since he had his knee injury & went on IR, but was reassured by the coaches that he'll be back next year. Coming to Buffalo was a big culture shock for Chris, since he is a country boy & has never seen an inch of snow in his life. She said Chris likes Buffalo and is currently in Buffalo rehabbing his knee. She did say that Chris feels the strength & conditioning coaches are much better at the college level. Chris hired his own personal trainer to help with rehab, which is going good. Other than that, she said Chris likes playing for the Bills.

Well he still hasn't seen any snow yet :D

That's sad that he says the college S&C was better than the Bills. Maybe it is that he expects more high-tek stuff as John Gamble was a world champion powerlifter knows how to get guys strong.

The salary cap is for players. All the coaches, trainers, facilities, etc. are places where an owner can cut corners. Cutting corners on those secondary expenses is a great way to build a mediocre, injury prone team. That should come as no surprise.

That's why the Bills hired TWO S&C coaches! I guess they are cheaper by the pair. :doh:

PTR

Furthermore, if the play is executed as it was drawn up, the chances of getting rolled up on are much lower.

The lockout prevented the S and C guys from working with players - whatever off season conditioning the players did was on their own. Hard to put this on the new S and C guys.

Weren't the 31 other NFL teams forced to abide by the same rules? I heard we don't have enough flat screens in the weight room.