Pears signed to extension

CBD

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have doubts if Stevie will resign here. I don't even think it's money as much as getting homesick and being on what looks like a sinking ship. Read his tweets about missing San Fran and you get the feeling if he could sign closer to home he might.

PTR

I have doubts if Stevie will resign here. I don't even think it's money as much as getting homesick and being on what looks like a sinking ship. Read his tweets about missing San Fran and you get the feeling if he could sign closer to home he might.

PTR

That's fine. He is going to sign somewhere for big money and then flop like Bernard Berrian, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Alvin Harper, etc.

He drops too many important passes and does not seem to be someone who you can just throw it up to like Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Fitzherald, etc.

If we keep him, great. If not, oh well.

STEVIE overdue?

LOL!!!

What about FRED JACKSON!!!!!!

They need to sign his a@@ yesterday!

As has been pointed out many times, FJ is already under contract for next year. No doubt he holds out at the time of training camp if a deal isn't done. The funny thing is the longer CJ starts and sucks the more FJ will want. nix should have extended him at mid-season.

Pears signing was wise. There are only so many holes that can be addressed. If they re-up Bell then there are three starters(I didn't say great)signed to play OT next year.

I would sign FJ and Bell. Franchise Stevie and make him prove it one more year. Sign a veteran WR in FA and draft another in the second round. Then draft OLB first round and third round. Add a true center, another TE, a DE, and a CB in the rest of the draft.

Although I like this signing, I think our front office priorities are jacked up. We need to re-sign Stevie Johnson NOW. All other signings mean very little unless we lock up our best players.

I don't mind it but Stevie is WAY overdue. The longer Nix waits, the more expensive he gets. :bag:

STEVIE overdue?

LOL!!!

What about FRED JACKSON!!!!!!

They need to sign his a@@ yesterday!

Ok, one more time...

The Bills have approached Stevie and Freddie. It is Stevie's camp and Freddie's camp that decided to wait until after the season. It takes two to tango.

The Bills approached Jackson in preseason during the "starter controversy". He chose to wait.

The Bills were in talks with Johnson, but when talks stalled, Johnson's camp pulled out. He chose to wait.

This was all widely reported and Buddy talked about it in his post-Fitz signing interview.

As has been pointed out many times, FJ is already under contract for next year. No doubt he holds out at the time of training camp if a deal isn't done. The funny thing is the longer CJ starts and sucks the more FJ will want. nix should have extended him at mid-season.

Pears signing was wise. There are only so many holes that can be addressed. If they re-up Bell then there are three starters(I didn't say great)signed to play OT next year.

I would sign FJ and Bell. Franchise Stevie and make him prove it one more year. Sign a veteran WR in FA and draft another in the second round. Then draft OLB first round and third round. Add a true center, another TE, a DE, and a CB in the rest of the draft.

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. Although, I would like to see us show some commitment for once to one of our better players. Of course Stevie's agent is demanding more than we want to pay him, that's his job. But if we can't negotiate with his agent, our front office (Overdorf, Littman) need to be fired. In my opinion, they should have been fired long ago when we cleared out the rest of the staff. These guys have done nothing but hold us back.

Edited by Got_Wood

Another average player re-signed by the Bills. They'll play it up like they just signed Wood and Levitre long term though. And then when Steve is gone they'll point to all the "other" "high quality" (haha) players they were able to resign. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and it's nice to "fill in the holes" for depth, but we need to get the all-stars signed. Hopefully they still draft an OL. Still need more depth.

Can't help but remember the Bills went after Tyson Clabo so hard when UFA opened up in February, only to be left waiting at the altar when he re-signed with Atlanta. Pears is definitely a step up from Cornell Green and the other retreads they've had in here like Mansfield Wrotto and Cordaro Howard they tried last year. At the same time, I would hope the plan is not to be content with a Hairston/Pears LT/RT combination for 2012.