RG III wins Heisman

zow2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he won it over luck. Although I was impressed with luck rg3had a much better season. I actually thought Barkley also had a better season as well. I thought the luck hype machine was going to win it for him anyway and am glad it didn't. That being said there is still no way luck is not the number 1 pick. Also Barkley more than likely will be the second qb taken which may entice rg3 to actually continue on to law school. Think about what life will be like on that campus for him next year ala Matt leinhart. Luck just did it last year Bradford did as well. Im still thinking he comes out but would be less surprised than I was when luck decided to stay if he does that.

1st round? Try #1 overall.

Luck didn't have as good a senior as junior year. With the rookie success of newton (fair or unfair thats who RGIII will be compared to) theres a legit case for this.

Another factor working against luck is harbaughs success with 9ers. People will say Lucks jr year was due to harbaugh and he's less than spectacular otherwise

I was referring to Bills fans, but regardless, you are in fantasyland if you think the Colts are taking him over Luck.

We just gave Fitz a monster long-term deal. We're not drafting a 1st round QB.

Actually the Fitzpatrick deal is that of an average salary for a full time NFL starting QB. If the Bills lose the rest of their games then all bets are off regarding IF they take RG III if he were there at their pick.

I'm a big supporter of Fitzpatrick, but he really needs to be solid these last group of games to squash any talk of drafting RG III with their first pick. Though chances are that even if the Bills did lose out, they still won't be in position to draft RG III. Which is ok since we are so desperate for a pass rusher.

I'm glad he won it over luck. Although I was impressed with luck rg3had a much better season. I actually thought Barkley also had a better season as well. I thought the luck hype machine was going to win it for him anyway and am glad it didn't. That being said there is still no way luck is not the number 1 pick. Also Barkley more than likely will be the second qb taken which may entice rg3 to actually continue on to law school. Think about what life will be like on that campus for him next year ala Matt leinhart. Luck just did it last year Bradford did as well. Im still thinking he comes out but would be less surprised than I was when luck decided to stay if he does that.

Yeah Luck is in no danger whatsoever of not going #1.

For all the great things RG3 can do, he does not have the size to stand in the pocket like Luck.

It's not a make or break detail, but being in Buffalo we have seen the downside of having 6'2 QB's versus QB's who are the height of most of their interior OL. It just gives the defense a better chance of effecting your passing from the pocket.

We just gave Fitz a monster long-term deal. We're not drafting a 1st round QB.

It woiuld be unwise of the Bills to use that line of thinking. The deal they gave Fitzpatrick is not that big for a QB. It's Kyle Orton-like, and you didn't hear a lot of worry in Denver when they cut Orton. A huge deal for a QB is closer to TWICE what Fitz got.

Edited by Dick Drawn

1st round? Try #1 overall.

Luck didn't have as good a senior as junior year. With the rookie success of newton (fair or unfair thats who RGIII will be compared to) theres a legit case for this.

Another factor working against luck is harbaughs success with 9ers. People will say Lucks jr year was due to harbaugh and he's less than spectacular otherwise

Are you effing kidding me? If the Colts don't pick Luck #1 overall there will be a riot in Indy. He is the best QB to come out in years. That being said, I would love to be able to get Barkley or RG III. If one of them is on the board and we go with another position, I am revoking my Bills citizenship. We need a true franchise QB.

It's heavily backloaded. We can cut him in 2 years and it still would've been a reasonable amount of money for both parties.

It's actually pretty flat across the board for about 8-11 per year from all I've seen. 10m paid out this year, 30 and change for the first 3 years I believe (which leaves about 30 for the last 3).

The friendly part from my understanding is we can pretty much walk away whenever we want and owe no new money and have no bonus amortization accelerated (cash to cap sucks year one through four when you have old bonuses eating up your dollars and everything new counting 100% but once were this deep it's actually a better way to manage as you don't have the dead money ever).

1323570866[/url]' post='2332537']

We could only be so lucky. I think he really is the best passer of all the "running quarterbacks" or "dual threats" to come out in the last ten years. If we lose out, and Barkley, luck and rg3 all declare, there's a chance he could fall into the 6-8 range. Personally I would take him over Barkley but I think a lot of teams would go the other way. It will be interesting to see how far he rises during the draft process, ala cam newton last season.

Any of the three and I'm giddy.

1323620137[/url]' post='2332681']

Are you effing kidding me? If the Colts don't pick Luck #1 overall there will be a riot in Indy. He is the best QB to come out in years. That being said, I would love to be able to get Barkley or RG III. If one of them is on the board and we go with another position, I am revoking my Bills citizenship. We need a true franchise QB.

Didnt you know, Fitz IS a true franchise qb. Look at his stats. Didn't you watch the first 3 games???? Don't you know he has SIX gw drives in 54 games?? The proof is in the pudding.

-end sarcasm

When you look at this Bills roster, QB is way down the list of needs. If we can't get Luck, look elsewhere for your pick. There are so many other needs. A defensive heavy draft would work for me.

When you look at the NFL, franchise quarterback can never be way down on your list of needs.