RG III wins Heisman

zow2

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice...that trophy will look really nice sitting on the mantle of a nice big home in Orchard Park.

We could only be so lucky. I think he really is the best passer of all the "running quarterbacks" or "dual threats" to come out in the last ten years. If we lose out, and Barkley, luck and rg3 all declare, there's a chance he could fall into the 6-8 range. Personally I would take him over Barkley but I think a lot of teams would go the other way. It will be interesting to see how far he rises during the draft process, ala cam newton last season.

We could only be so lucky. I think he really is the best passer of all the "running quarterbacks" or "dual threats" to come out in the last ten years. If we lose out, and Barkley, luck and rg3 all declare, there's a chance he could fall into the 6-8 range. Personally I would take him over Barkley but I think a lot of teams would go the other way. It will be interesting to see how far he rises during the draft process, ala cam newton last season.

I wasn't keen on taking a QB this year, but next year I'm all for it. It has nothing to do with Fitzy...I like the guy a lot. But I REALLY like what I've seen of both RGIII and Barkley. I saw more of Barkley this year than I did of RGIII, but I'm psyched for either and I'd love it if we had a shot at one of these guys. Fitzy deserves the right to battle to keep the spot, but I'd like to open up QB to competition in camp next season.

I wasn't keen on taking a QB this year, but next year I'm all for it. It has nothing to do with Fitzy...I like the guy a lot. But I REALLY like what I've seen of both RGIII and Barkley. I saw more of Barkley this year than I did of RGIII, but I'm psyched for either and I'd love it if we had a shot at one of these guys. Fitzy deserves the right to battle to keep the spot, but I'd like to open up QB to competition in camp next season.

I haven't seen these guys but as long as they're not this year's version of Gabbert, no objection here....

If nothing else, we really need a quality backup as well as a developmental prospect....

Unless Chan conducts a successful off-season exorcism of the daemon inhibiting Thig's throwing prowess, Tyler isn't That Guy

I want to see at least one quality pass rusher and one quality all-around OLB in this years draft tho

Edited by Hopeful

From the interview he sounds like a nice kid. I'm sure there will be plenty of people clamoring for him to be taken in the first round.

1st round? Try #1 overall.

Luck didn't have as good a senior as junior year. With the rookie success of newton (fair or unfair thats who RGIII will be compared to) theres a legit case for this.

Another factor working against luck is harbaughs success with 9ers. People will say Lucks jr year was due to harbaugh and he's less than spectacular otherwise

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Cool for him and Baylor. He is a very well spoken and impressive young man. His parents did a great job.

That is he and that that they did. His parents were military. I really like this kid.

Academic All American - I figured from how well spoken he is.

I live in the town he played High school football, he is a well rounded good man,word is down here he is not going on to the NFL, he is going on to Law school as much as I'd like for the Bills to draft him I don't think it will happen :(

Yes, he's going to pass on top 5 pay for law school....

Look for him to be shannahans #1 target. Indy wants a pocket passer, the next few teams just drafted qbs, and then Washington hits the clock.

Let's put it this way.

He won't let law school interfere with his NFL career.

There's time for law school during the offseason and after his playing days are over.

Exactly. What people fail to realize is most players are relatively young when they retire from football . A 10 yr career (long by NFL standards) means you're early 30s when done. Plenty of time left to do something else.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

1st round? Try #1 overall.

Luck didn't have as good a senior as junior year. With the rookie success of newton (fair or unfair thats who RGIII will be compared to) theres a legit case for this.

Another factor working against luck is harbaughs success with 9ers. People will say Lucks jr year was due to harbaugh and he's less than spectacular otherwise

If Luck falls to the Bills it would be a miracle. Luck can play its not just that it was Harbough, its adjusting to a whole new coaching staff and losing his top WRs. Basically luck was throwing to TEs all day so he did very well considering all these changes. Luck is a Manning type of player but with the humility to be a team player and hand the ball off and not pass most of the time with a handful of runs thrown in. Luck will be a great QB and we would be very fortunate to have him.

Hopefully the Colts take RG3 and Luck falls to us with all the other teams hopefully having QBs. AS far as RG goes he was seriously outplayed by my boy Ryan Tannehill who we should take in the second if we don't get Luck.

I live in the town he played High school football, he is a well rounded good man,word is down here he is not going on to the NFL, he is going on to Law school as much as I'd like for the Bills to draft him I don't think it will happen :(

Like no NFL at all? That would be retarded when you can play the game you love for big bucks and then pay for law school with your NFL money latter.

If Luck falls to the Bills it would be a miracle. Luck can play its not just that it was Harbough, its adjusting to a whole new coaching staff and losing his top WRs. Basically luck was throwing to TEs all day so he did very well considering all these changes. Luck is a Manning type of player but with the humility to be a team player and hand the ball off and not pass most of the time with a handful of runs thrown in. Luck will be a great QB and we would be very fortunate to have him.

Hopefully the Colts take RG3 and Luck falls to us with all the other teams hopefully having QBs. AS far as RG goes he was seriously outplayed by my boy Ryan Tannehill who we should take in the second if we don't get Luck.

Like no NFL at all? That would be retarded when you can play the game you love for big bucks and then pay for law school with your NFL money latter.

Even best case (ie really worst case, as thats losing out)we are behind multiple qb hungry teams. Luck doesn't get by all of them. Even rg3 would need awful workouts to fall to us I think. It's early though.

Finally saw the award presentation...this kid is truly a class act. I know it's unlikely, but I'd be proud to have him as a Buffalo bill :thumbsup: