Bills sign Fendi Onobun

FluffHead

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember him as a basketball player at UofA. He was a big time prospect coming in but his skills were so raw and he never developed. Quit basketball to try his hand at football during his senior year and then I think he was signed by the Pats as an UDFA if I'm not mistaken. I think the hope was that he could turn into a poor man's Antonio Gates. I don't see it happening. Gates was a natural - a great college basketball player - before turning to football. Fendi always struck me as an athletic guy with no "feel" for sports.

I remember him as a basketball player at UofA. He was a big time prospect coming in but his skills were so raw and he never developed. Quit basketball to try his hand at football during his senior year and then I think he was signed by the Pats as an UDFA if I'm not mistaken. I think the hope was that he could turn into a poor man's Antonio Gates. I don't see it happening. Gates was a natural - a great college basketball player - before turning to football. Fendi always struck me as an athletic guy with no "feel" for sports.

Forget Gates how about a poor man's Jimmy Graham