Bills sign Fendi Onobun

FluffHead

What's to like? Got drafted in 2010 and has been on 2 teams and 2 practice squads since.

I think Buddy will sign anyone now thinking if he does it enough times, one may be worth a **** someday.

When you're 5-7, going nowhere and your starting tight end is hurt, what have you got to lose? It beats doing nothing like previous administrations have done a pretty good job of.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't they just go out and sign one of those Pro-Bowl caliber players that are just sitting around waiting for a team to call them to sign around this time of the year? Damn this team and Ralph, always to cheap to sign the out of work Pro-Bowlers!

Edited by apuszczalowski

When you're 5-7, going nowhere and your starting tight end is hurt, what have you got to lose? It beats doing nothing like previous administrations have done a pretty good job of.

Agreed. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. The Bills during the Donahoe and Jauron era were not good at identifying, acquiring and developing prospects on the edges of other teams rosters. Hell, Levy didn't even have the balls to use his franchise tag on his pro bowl CB and trade him for a pick let alone the willingness to turn over the last few spots on his roster trying to find a diamond.

Not thrilled with Buddy's efficiency on draft day but he has done well to find useful players from the practice squads and waiver wire. Now we need to see some quality in the first few rounds of the draft and some willingness to bring in a few players in FA.

Edited by Dick Drawn

What's to like? Got drafted in 2010 and has been on 2 teams and 2 practice squads since.

I think Buddy will sign anyone now thinking if he does it enough times, one may be worth a **** someday.

6'6", 264, sub-4.5 40, only 3 years of organized football experience. Lot of upside for a guy on a minimum contract with little to no guaranteed money. Would you prefer leaving the roster spot open to save Ralph a few grand? Or is there some other street free agent currently available that you'd have preferred?

No, Onobun will probably not turn into an impact player for the Bills, and easily may never even get into a game. But I'm sure some a-hole on a Chargers board dumped all over the team when they signed Antonio Gates as an undrafted free agent. And I know there were plenty of a-holes on this board who dumped all over the Scott Chandler pickup last year. Sure things are not available on the waiver wire, chief. Save your whining for the offseason, when our GM is asleep at the start of free agency.

6'6", 264, sub-4.5 40, only 3 years of organized football experience. Lot of upside for a guy on a minimum contract with little to no guaranteed money. Would you prefer leaving the roster spot open to save Ralph a few grand? Or is there some other street free agent currently available that you'd have preferred?

He's a low risk signing. He's got great size and speed, but has almost no experience. If he's got good hands, he might be worth something.

No, Onobun will probably not turn into an impact player for the Bills, and easily may never even get into a game. But I'm sure some a-hole on a Chargers board dumped all over the team when they signed Antonio Gates as an undrafted free agent. And I know there were plenty of a-holes on this board who dumped all over the Scott Chandler pickup last year. Sure things are not available on the waiver wire, chief. Save your whining for the offseason, when our GM is asleep at the start of free agency.

Good call on Chandler.

Never said not to sign Onobun or whine about it. He said he liked the move and I was wondering what about it he liked.

Overreact much?

This is the kind of signing the Bills have had some success with. I like it and they really need a great receiving tight end to complement Chandler. Let's see what a full camp can do for him.

I hope it is the start of a great off season for Buffy Nix.

Edited by Trader