Justin Blackmon

BillsBiker

So it looks like we will have a good draft pick... If Blackmon is available grab him without a second guess.

The kid is a beast, and we have no receivers. We need a Megatron type for Fitz.. We need a Blackmon.

With troy smith beasting out, bring back Lee Evans

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he falls out of the top 10 I would be surprised, I don't believe this will happen, he is too good of a WR to drop like that.

I think Jeffries of South Carolina will drop though. He just didn't try as hard as he should this year, he looked like he was just joking around out there.

I wouldn't mind having him. Thing is, I don't trust this corp of coaches to develop young talent. I see a kid like that gettting frustrated, becoming unproductive, and eventually leaving for new team in several years. I hate to sound negative, but you can't say it hasn't happened before. Young players just don't flourish in the Bills system anymore.

So it looks like we will have a good draft pick... If Blackmon is available grab him without a second guess.

The kid is a beast, and we have no receivers. We need a Megatron type for Fitz.. We need a Blackmon.

With troy smith beasting out, bring back Lee Evans

:thumbsup:

We should not have to waste a draft pick on a wr when there should be a couple of star wrs in free agency. The only problem is Nix would never sign one of those wrs so blackmon it is.

What star wide receivers will be free agents?

There is no shot at Blackmon, he'll be gone long before we pick, you guys might as well pine for Luck while your at it.

Right now there are only 4 Teams (Colts, Vikings, Rams, and Jags) who will more than likely finish with worse records than The Bills...There are a TON of Teams with 4 wins who could easily get to 6 (Dolphins, Eagles, Redskins, Panthers, and Bucs)...The way The Bills are playing now, they could easily Draft 5th or 6th in April...I think Luck, Barkley, and OT Matt Kalil will all go Top 5 when things filter out...So while I do think it's an outside chance that The Bills will get high enough to Draft Blackmon...It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility... B-)

Not familiar with the player, in fact his name came up in another thread and I didn't realize he was a wideout.

I guess you look at two things:

1) Is he an "every year prospect" or is he a "once every few years prospect?" If he's Calvin Johnson or AJ Green, you have to at least consider him.

2) Is he a diva?

The Packer fan who visited raised a great point about the Packers receivers. A guy has to have competitive fire but that's different from being a diva.

A lot of divas, however great they are, are simply not worth the trouble because they have a negative affect on the team.

If Blackmon is an ELITE, once every few years prospect and he's not a diva, then I guess he has to be considered.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Not familiar with the player, in fact his name came up in another thread and I didn't realize he was a wideout.

1) Is he an "every year prospect" or is he a "once every few years prospect?" If he's Calvin Johnson or AJ Green, you have to at least consider him.

2) Is he a diva?

The Packer fan who visited raised a great point about the Packers receivers. A guy has to have competitive fire but that's different from being a diva.

A lot of divas, however great they are, are simply not worth the trouble because they have a negative affect on the team.

If Blackmon is an ELITE, once every few years prospect and he's not a diva, then I guess he has to be considered.

He is an every year player. Not a diva. Great work ethic by all accounts. Good route runner. Drops balls. Plays bigger than he is. Not another Megatron type talent. More like Dez Bryant.

2) Is he a diva?

If the bills can ad any player to the roster considered elite it should be more than considered...

If the bills can ad any player to the roster considered elite it should be more than considered...

So far, we're getting mixed reviews on whether Blackmon is elite or not.

Also, what if there's an elite player at a different position also available?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

If he falls out of the top 10 I would be surprised, I don't believe this will happen, he is too good of a WR to drop like that.

I think Jeffries of South Carolina will drop though. He just didn't try as hard as he should this year, he looked like he was just joking around out there.

If he makes it out of the Top 4, I'd be surprised.

This is a WR-deep draft. Get your pass rusher, OT, or NT early.

Right now, I'd go:

1-Courtney Upshaw OLB34 Alabama

2-Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State (although Dontari Poe NT and Brandon Weeden QB tempt me)

3-Brandon Boykin CB Georgia

4-Baker Steinkuhler DE34 Nebraska (although Kellen Moore QB was sitting right there; as was Brandon Lindsey OLB34 Pittsburgh

4-Isaiah Pead RBF Cincinnati (one of the best at picking up the blitz)

5-Chris Owusu WRF Stanford

6-Josh Oglesby OT Wisconsin

7-D'Angelo McCray DT34 Memphis

If he makes it out of the Top 4, I'd be surprised.

This is a WR-deep draft. Get your pass rusher, OT, or NT early.

Right now, I'd go:

1-Courtney Upshaw OLB34 Alabama

2-Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State (although Dontari Poe NT and Brandon Weeden QB tempt me)

3-Brandon Boykin CB Georgia

4-Baker Steinkuhler DE34 Nebraska (although Kellen Moore QB was sitting right there; as was Brandon Lindsey OLB34 Pittsburgh

4-Isaiah Pead RBF Cincinnati (one of the best at picking up the blitz)

5-Chris Owusu WRF Stanford

6-Josh Oglesby OT Wisconsin

7-D'Angelo McCray DT34 Memphis

Do we have a conditional 5th or 6th in 2012 from Seattle as part of the Marshawn trade?