Stevie Johnson, grow up or get out.

I got a little sick watching Stevie waddle over and hand the ball to the ref the other day. He just doesn't get it. That was a planned event. I'd fine him for that idiocy.

Not sure I want a show-off like that on the team. Plus, he has the annoying tendency to drop big passes at critical times. How much worse would we be without him?

I do blame this collapse on the injuries. We've lost starters at so many key positions. I also blame the record on the tough schedule. We're lucky to have 5 wins, playing the schedule we've had this year.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a little sick watching Stevie waddle over and hand the ball to the ref the other day. He just doesn't get it. That was a planned event. I'd fine him for that idiocy.

Not sure I want a show-off like that on the team. Plus, he has the annoying tendency to drop big passes at critical times. How much worse would we be without him?

I do blame this collapse on the injuries. We've lost starters at so many key positions. I also blame the record on the tough schedule. We're lucky to have 5 wins, playing the schedule we've had this year.

Amazing that a team that finished with 3rd pick in draft ends up with a schedule like this. I think that SJ handing the ball to the ref maybe part of the growing up process. He made some clutch grabs last weekend

Stevie's waddle and ball hand-off to the ref was hilarious and extremely well-played. Everyone wanted him to nto celebrate, so all he did was hand the ball to the ref. It was nothing more than a dig at all you guys that got their panties in a wad over the previous celebration. And judging by this thread, Stevie wins.

Stevie's waddle and ball hand-off to the ref was hilarious and extremely well-played. Everyone wanted him to nto celebrate, so all he did was hand the ball to the ref. It was nothing more than a dig at all you guys that got their panties in a wad over the previous celebration. And judging by this thread, Stevie wins.

Agreed, I LOVED it. I almost liked it more than the previous week's celebration......ehhh maybe not haha.

I saw the power of stevie yesterday... the titan weren't going to allow him to beat them...they near had triple cover on him ...with the 2 deep zone ....which allowed Brad smith to get behind the secondary twice! ..... stevie took everything the defense gave him.... and allowed our games to make plays ....but because he waddles over to the ref...get rid of him!

I had no problem with the waddle...and I like Steve Johnson.

What I didn't like, was the piece that they did on him on the ESPN pre-game show on Sunday. The peice was sort of a travlouge of all Steve Johnson's "controversies" since emerging in the NFL. All the dances were there, and PC snippets, tweets blaming god for his lack of concentration...we knew all that. What bothered me, Steve Johnson was interviewed for the piece itself, and appeared to be relishing all the attention that his mishaps seem to have given him. He explains each mis-hap (and admittedly, some things like "Why So Serious?" were funny, and I even got a chuckle out of the Plaxico thing), justifieng it, and sums it up with the cliche "I just like to have fun with it...pretty much what you see is what you get...that is just me." If the guy wasn't a Buffalo Bill, most would be writing him off as another self-centered wide receiver.

I think there is overreaction to most of the things he (and other WR's) do, but they have to know that overreaction is there. To continue to carry on, at the cost of your team, and a slap on the wrist fine, kind of says that you really care more about how you present yourself, than you do about how you represent your team. That may be fine Monday through Saturday, but Sunday, you are Buffalo Bill, Steve Johnson. Not Steve Johnson of the Buffalo Bills.

Jason Peters is fat and overpaid, get rid of him. Lee Evans isn't a number one receiver, get rid of him. Stevie isn't cluch, get rid of him. Whitner was drafted too high and never makes a play, get rid of him. London Fletcher makes all of his tackles 10 yards past the LOS, get rid of him. Poz makes all of his tackles 10 yards past the LOS, get rid of him. McGahee doesn't want to be here, get rid of him. Lynch doesn't want to be here, get rid of him.

Perhaps Bills fans get what they deserve, ya know?

I literally laughed aloud when he did that. I thought it was funny, and something that just a young kid having a little fun with a situation that was blown so far out of proportion it was laughable. People saying cut him, or trade the guy, give me a break...

Link?

SHUDDUP!.....

Jeeze........

:thumbsup:

I got a little sick watching Stevie waddle over and hand the ball to the ref the other day. He just doesn't get it. That was a planned event. I'd fine him for that idiocy. :wallbash:

Not sure I want a show-off like that on the team. Plus, he has the annoying tendency to drop big passes at critical times. How much worse would we be without him? :doh:

Link?

Link to what?!?! I hear people saying it too. How do you link that?!?!?! :wallbash:

Jason Peters is fat and overpaid, get rid of him. Lee Evans isn't a number one receiver, get rid of him. Stevie isn't cluch, get rid of him. Whitner was drafted too high and never makes a play, get rid of him. London Fletcher makes all of his tackles 10 yards past the LOS, get rid of him. Poz makes all of his tackles 10 yards past the LOS, get rid of him. McGahee doesn't want to be here, get rid of him. Lynch doesn't want to be here, get rid of him.

Perhaps Bills fans get what they deserve, ya know?

Coach, I hope you don't think these moves were done cuz Bills fans asked for them. Just saying.

Under normal circumstances, when a gripe over a celebration occurs, I'm one of the first to tell the fuddy duddies to take a hike up Mt. Pious.

But in this case, in a 13 point game, with less than four minutes to go in the fourth quarter, when you've just narrowed it down to 6 and you've got tremendous obstacles to overcome, I find it disconcerting that in THAT moment, Stevie was thinking about and decided--no doubt against Chan's wishes REGARDLESS of the situation--to draw attention to HIMSELF.

I agree, there's a lack of maturity there, based solely on the timing and urgency of THAT moment.

Having said that, I'm also of the opinion that teams should choreograph post touchdown celebrations that are elaborate and entertaining as hell. These guys are clever and wily that way. If they take the penalty, who cares? If there's one loose cannon who wants to express himself thusly, might as well let his enthusiasm be infectious. Get everyone involved. Afterall, it's the TEAM that takes the 15 yard penalty, might as well earn it.

Wow. Well, I think this is a team sport, and when a player draws focus on himself he takes the focus off the team. I think Stevie Johnson is all about himself. I think that the guy running over to hand the ball to the Cowboys cheerleader should've kept running out the vom into the street.

Does anybody think Vince Lombardi would put up with this crap?

Sure, football is supposed to be fun. Winning is fun. When you're losing by 21 to the Cowboys and you run over to your girlfriend, that's not fun. That's premeditated idiocy. It's a bad idea. Get back to the sidelines and see if you can get ready to try and get more points.

I don't know if Stevie is a great receiver. Great receivers make plays. His drops cost us two games.

Whatever. I'm like most of you, been a fan my whole life. Every Sunday I go to church and then go to meet with a bunch of other Bills fans and watch this team. Don't trash me for having an opinion. Disagreements are good. Trashing is not.

I had no problem with the waddle...and I like Steve Johnson.

What I didn't like, was the piece that they did on him on the ESPN pre-game show on Sunday. The peice was sort of a travlouge of all Steve Johnson's "controversies" since emerging in the NFL. All the dances were there, and PC snippets, tweets blaming god for his lack of concentration...we knew all that. What bothered me, Steve Johnson was interviewed for the piece itself, and appeared to be relishing all the attention that his mishaps seem to have given him. He explains each mis-hap (and admittedly, some things like "Why So Serious?" were funny, and I even got a chuckle out of the Plaxico thing), justifieng it, and sums it up with the cliche "I just like to have fun with it...pretty much what you see is what you get...that is just me." If the guy wasn't a Buffalo Bill, most would be writing him off as another self-centered wide receiver.

I think there is overreaction to most of the things he (and other WR's) do, but they have to know that overreaction is there. To continue to carry on, at the cost of your team, and a slap on the wrist fine, kind of says that you really care more about how you present yourself, than you do about how you represent your team. That may be fine Monday through Saturday, but Sunday, you are Buffalo Bill, Steve Johnson. Not Steve Johnson of the Buffalo Bills.

A what?

BTW, I thought it was hilarious and well-played. I'll take that any day over what he did the week before.