Anyone with NFL sunday ticket, can you answer this:

If the Bills are the national game in your area then it is blacked out on Sunday Ticket.

This is one of the huge advantages of living out of market. In my pre-Ticket days, I would desperately hope for a locally shown game. But with Ticket, you don't want it on locally, especially in a non-Buffalo market, since if it's local, they can always cut away from the game at the end, potentially screwing up TIVO.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the posts I guess I'm lucky so far. I'm outside of the blackout area so that's not a issue. Also even if the Bills are on the Elmira or Corning local channels I'm still seeing it on "The Ticket" not being told to go to my local.

All in all for $150 its much more than worth it especially to watch out of market games for the rest of the season when the Bills are eliminated ummmmmm soon.

i am curious of something. i lived in okc, where I could not get sunday ticket, so got the to go app for the computer phone, and just ran the hdmi chord to my tv. question is, during a blackout will i still get the bills game on my computer since my sunday ticket is registered in oklahoma.

i would assume no, but ask because i ran into a sabres fan in colorado who had directv, assuming msg would still come standard, when he realized it didnt, he switched his billing address to a friends or family in buffalo, and now gets all the sabres games because of it.

heres to hoping that glitch caries over for me

I did ticket on PS3. I live in MD. You only get CBS and FOX games. NO NFL Netwrok, No ESPN MNF and no ABC SNF.

The quality seems like Standard def and the Games for me have only been blocked on DTV when it is on the local network. (DC local networks)

The first 2 games were very poor qaulity and syncopated, I riased the issue with customer support and they acknowledged the issue sand credited the account. A few patches later it has worked VERY well. Steep at $350/season or whatever it was, but you can watch it in the comfort of your own home, with sound for the game (hard to find that option at a sports bar)...

Set up was very convenient. It's expensive but another way to contect to the Buf and feel at home, so to speak.

Verizon is suppose to be getting the Ticket next year. look at both options if Verizon ia also available in your area.

I personally can't wait to be rid of Direct TV.

No it's not. DirecTV has they contract through the end of the 2014 season.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-11-15/sports/30400609_1_nfl-sunday-ticket-package-directv-biggest-cable-companies

DirecTV is currently paying the NFL $1 billion a year for the rights to broadcast out-of-market games. The deal expires after the 2014 season.

\

Verizon is suppose to be getting the Ticket next year. look at both options if Verizon ia also available in your area.

It is going to be along time before anyone but DirecTV has the Sunday Ticket. They know what they have and aren't going to let it get away very easy. So many people sign up for DirecTV just because of the Ticket (myself included), that they will bid out of the universe to keep it. Just a couple years ago DirecTV paid $4 billion to keep it until 2014, and you can bet it will get extended long before that expires.

Edited by billsfreak

Do you have a Las Vegas mailing address? Set it up with your billing address in Las Vegas and I think none of the games are blacked out. It used to work like that, I don't know if it still does.

It is going to be along time before anyone but DirecTV has the Sunday Ticket. They know what they have and aren't going to let it get away very easy. So many people sign up for DirecTV just because of the Ticket (myself included), that they will bid out of the universe to keep it. Just a couple years ago DirecTV paid $4 billion to keep it until 2014, and you can bet it will get extended long before that expires.

AT&T UVerse is going to buyout DirecTV and offer Sunday Ticket on UVerse is what I have been told by AT&T people.

Do you have a Las Vegas mailing address? Set it up with your billing address in Las Vegas and I think none of the games are blacked out. It used to work like that, I don't know if it still does.

AT&T UVerse is going to buyout DirecTV and offer Sunday Ticket on UVerse is what I have been told by AT&T people.

That might be true, but someone might want to tell DirecTV they are for sale?

I did ticket on PS3. I live in MD. You only get CBS and FOX games. NO NFL Netwrok, No ESPN MNF and no ABC SNF.

The quality seems like Standard def and the Games for me have only been blocked on DTV when it is on the local network. (DC local networks)

The first 2 games were very poor qaulity and syncopated, I riased the issue with customer support and they acknowledged the issue sand credited the account. A few patches later it has worked VERY well. Steep at $350/season or whatever it was, but you can watch it in the comfort of your own home, with sound for the game (hard to find that option at a sports bar)...

Set up was very convenient. It's expensive but another way to contect to the Buf and feel at home, so to speak.

I was tempted to do this, but had heard the quality was not too good when the season started. Are you finding that to be the case still, now that we are long into the season?

I don't think you're going to have to worry about Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games involving the Bills next season.

Side topic - but I disagree - given the Bills' improvement this season, particularly on the offensive side of the ball, I expect they'll be on a few night games next year.

I suppose if they don't win another game it might hurt - on the other hand, for good or ill, Stevie's "showmanship" helps this too.

I was tempted to do this, but had heard the quality was not too good when the season started. Are you finding that to be the case still, now that we are long into the season?

It's pretty good, but last I checked the quality is still better on my dish/box, so I haven't checked in a while.

My college son is usually using my account to watch the games in his dorm on his iPad anyway, so I can't get on without knocking him off. Again, the quality is better on the dish, but he's been happy with it.

The quality of your internet connection has a big impact too. We've got the Verizon FiOS 30MB plan, if I remember right - it's very good.

Edited by BobChalmers

Direct TV is exclusive until 2014. Beware anyone who tells you otherwise.

PTR

I was a long time DTV customer but started having issues last few years with my neighbors trees that he refuses to cut down so I switched to FIOS after last season hoping something would come up and it did with the PS3. I also replaced my roof and have no plans of putting that eye sore back up there.

The first week was a waste with constant problems to the point where they refunded everyone $25 which comes out to the cost per week

It is the HD feed but gets compressed so the signal is def not in HD. Some will tell you it is but it def is not. The quality isnt bad though but there are occassional problems where the quality gets worse but usually bounces back rather quickly.

It improved after the first few weeks but has certainly not been problem free for the majority of viewers. It was obvious to me this was rushed and put to market without clear testing or quality control and hope it is better next year because other then signing up for DTV again there is no other option.

Edited by Max997

With all of the Fox and CBS games in week 16 being on a Saturday instead because of the holiday is it safe to assume all of those games not shown locally will be available on the ticket?

I would think they would have to be but just curious if anyone subscribed to NFL ticket the last time Christmas fell on a Sunday and they moved most of the games.

Edited by Metal Man

Ive heard these rumors before and didnt buy it then and not buying it now. Cable companies will say anything to keep or attract customers especially when it comes to the NFL Sunday ticket.

DTV isnt giving it up and would be absolutely shocked if they were ever sold or merged with any other cable provider...why would they?

With all of the Fox and CBS games in week 16 being on a Saturday instead because of the holiday is it safe to assume all of those games not shown locally will be available on the ticket?

I would think they would have to be but just curious if anyone subscribed to NFL ticket the last time Christmas fell on a Sunday and they moved most of the games.

yes they will be available just as if the games were played on Sunday

Sunday Ticket doesn't work internationally, something I learned only after signing up. I'd even specifically asked DirectTV if I'd have any issues using it abroad; they said I would be fine. Add that to incredibly slow loading times, which are out of sync with my usually-fast download and upload speeds; Sunday Ticket isn't worth it if you're buying it for the online features.

Sunday Ticket doesn't work internationally, something I learned only after signing up. I'd even specifically asked DirectTV if I'd have any issues using it abroad; they said I would be fine. Add that to incredibly slow loading times, which are out of sync with my usually-fast download and upload speeds; Sunday Ticket isn't worth it if you're buying it for the online features.

However, often times the to-go package is thrown in for free or at a very minimal cost.

My nephew uses my to-go feature in D.C. (logs into my Directv account) and he's loving it.

yes they will be available just as if the games were played on Sunday

Thanks, I figured that would be the case.

Will be in town for the holiday and was hoping to walk to a place from my sister's house to start the festivities early with some beer and football.

Now I just have to hope Quaker Steak is open on Christmas Eve day.

:beer: