Please Admit This Season Was Disappointing

MacAddict104

The title of this thread harkens to the desperate ex-boyfriend who shows up to her place at 2 a.m. begging her to "admit" she still thinks about him.

Of course he crosses her mind every once in a while. Christ! They dated for five years! But it's been 8 months since they broke up, and is she going to get back with him? Hell no!

She's in a lose lose situation, even though the real loser is giving her puppy-dog eyes there on her doorstep thinking he still has a chance.

Eventually she caves.

"Yes, Steve. I think about you..sometimes. But not like that, okay? Now please, go home, it's late and I have to go back to bed. I have work in the morning."

So to comply with the request being made in the thread's title, yeah, I'm a little disappointed. Now what?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone understands the point that we have had a lot of injuries. But so have other teams as for the below:

starting OLB--Merriman? Well, we did lose him, but we hardly had him. And there is legitimate debate regarding his actual impact on the field (i.e.: excluding his "fire" and recruting talents).

starting Pro Bowl NT--significant loss

starting RB, #3 in the league rusher--ditto for Freddy--but when he went down, we had lost 4 of 5.

starting OC---significant loss, but, including the game where he went down (and we were already getting killed), we were in the midst of a 3 of 4 game loss slide.

starting LT---debatable talent, often injured--but I understand your point.

backup LT---maybe more significant loss.

#2 CB--McGee? yeah, a loss, but in the games he played (6) 4 were losses where we gave up 35,44,27 and 27 points against teams like the Giants, Jets, Miami, Dallas. He was injured for 4 of the first 5 games (4-1).

#2 WR--isn't Nelson our #2? When did he go out?

#3 WR---Jones? The guy who everyone here says isn't that good? By the way, our #3 receiver is Chandler.

preseason #2 WR---Roscoe?? He's had a single decent half season his entire career! We were doing fine without him offensively for 7 games. Or maybe you meant the mythical Easley?-- a guy who's legend grows and grows despite not being able to survive his first training camp? And who has yet to play in a real NFL game?

Many teams are ripped by injuries and have to make do. That's the game- it's a war of attrition. Those who chose their players (starters and backups) do well. The rest don't.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Theres a lot of good people in these forums who try to find positives in this team. I admire your outlook but let's gets serious, this season was a failure of big proportions.

It makes me sick to hear things like "oh we'll at least we beat New England" or "well we are better than we thought they'd be." Who cares? This is the same loser mentality that's the reason we haven't been competitive for over a decade.

It's annoying that so many fans are content with losing, or are cool with people laughing when you tell them you're a Bills fan, or are ok with a team that consistently delivers a poor product year-after-year. "well a losing team is better than NO team," they'll say. Are you sure about that? I'd rather have these losers out of my town.

Face it, until things change and this team is sold, this culture of losing will continue. It starts at the top with Ralph and the men he hires to work for him. It trickles down from here.

The Buffalo Bills are considered a joke by most NFL fans and they deserve to carry that reputation with them

F

Have you thought about therapy?

As some posters have said at the beginning of the season we did not have high expectations for this team. Myself I was hoping for 7-9 or 8-8. That would be progress considering this team was 4-12 last year.

The Hot start semi fooled us into playoff mode. But if you really look at it we could have been 1-2 instead of 3-0.

When you lose your top 6 players on the team its gonna catch up with you. Even Buddy Nix said we dont have alot of depth at the start and he was right.

We still suck on D. Even when we was 3 -0 we sucked on Defense. So did you really think the Bills were going to the playoffs with a Defense that could not stop anybody???

So to answer the OP question ...any season that we dont make the playoffs is disappointing. But I do see light at the end of the tunnel .

I like Chan as Coach

I like Fitz even though he is streaky

Love Fred Jackson

We have a good Offense when everybody is healthy.

To me all we need is to find somebodies to pressure the QB on D and we will be all right.

And yet here you are. In fact judging by your post count you must have signed up recently just to tell everyone how much you dislike this team.

PTR

Yes - because someone with 14,000 posts (could be a sign!) is SO MUCH smarter and well versed than someone new

PTR - could you give us some insight on how many posts it takes to become as knowledgeable and respected as you?

The title of this thread harkens to the desperate ex-boyfriend who shows up to her place at 2 a.m. begging her to "admit" she still thinks about him.

Of course he crosses her mind every once in a while. Christ! They dated for five years! But it's been 8 months since they broke up, and is she going to get back with him? Hell no!

She's in a lose lose situation, even though the real loser is giving her puppy-dog eyes there on her doorstep thinking he still has a chance.

Eventually she caves.

"Yes, Steve. I think about you..sometimes. But not like that, okay? Now please, go home, it's late and I have to go back to bed. I have work in the morning."

So to comply with the request being made in the thread's title, yeah, I'm a little disappointed. Now what?

Who told you about my life and doings with the ladies!

Theres a lot of good people in these forums who try to find positives in this team. I admire your outlook but let's gets serious, this season was a failure of big proportions.

It makes me sick to hear things like "oh we'll at least we beat New England" or "well we are better than we thought they'd be." Who cares? This is the same loser mentality that's the reason we haven't been competitive for over a decade.

It's annoying that so many fans are content with losing, or are cool with people laughing when you tell them you're a Bills fan, or are ok with a team that consistently delivers a poor product year-after-year. "well a losing team is better than NO team," they'll say. Are you sure about that? I'd rather have these losers out of my town.

Face it, until things change and this team is sold, this culture of losing will continue. It starts at the top with Ralph and the men he hires to work for him. It trickles down from here.

The Buffalo Bills are considered a joke by most NFL fans and they deserve to carry that reputation with them

F

Well I do not know about you, but the last time I checked the season still has games left. If the Bills win the rest of the games will the season still be a waste? What did you think the team would be this year? Playoffs? Superbowl? Win the division? How can you say a wasted year?

Face it.... We cheer for a team if losers. We'll always be losers until Ralph sells the team and changes the culture of losing

Sadly, as much as we cheer on sundays, you are one billion percent correct. This team has a losing culture, hires cheap front office and coaching staff, that in both cases nobody else had any interest in whatsoever. Players for the most part come here with alot of heart and expections, then after awhile they are here for a paycheck because they realize nothing is going to change anytime soon.

My dog likes to roll around in dead birds and other things that smell awful. Some people here are the same way with failure. They need to roll around and cover themselves in it. Then they want everyone else to do the same.

PTR

Or you can pretend the smell doesnt exsist. Works both ways.

We had four wins last year.

We have five this year and could end up with ten.

I'll take that.

DO you seriously think they get 10 wins? Because of rosy outlook, I'm planning a SB party and you sir are the guest of honor.

Edited by kidprison

My dog likes to roll around in dead birds and other things that smell awful. Some people here are the same way with failure. They need to roll around and cover themselves in it. Then they want everyone else to do the same.

PTR

Or you can take that is covered in dead birds and smells awful and sit next to it on the couch and tell it how great it smells. Same thing, you just ignore the obvious.

Not disappointing at all. 4-12 last year, won 5 and lost 3 in the last minute. Apart from 3 horrible games, this team is fun to watch. It has been a long time since that happened. All I ask is that they improve each year. This year we take a run at .500 or a winning record, next year a run at the playoffs. Are loses disappointing, yes, but that will be the case for every team except one. If ones expectations were realistic, then this has been a great year.

Or you can take that is covered in dead birds and smells awful and sit next to it on the couch and tell it how great it smells. Same thing, you just ignore the obvious.

So we should spend more time with the OP and his stinky self? Not sure you got the point of the allegory. :oops:

Just speaking for myself, I think it's been a great season - yes we're in a bit of a tailspin, but we didn't give up last week and this team has been FUN to watch again.

I'm going to go to games, buy gear and watch every game regardless (like say the last 10 years), but for the first time in a long time it looks to me as if we actually have a professional football team in Buffalo!

By the mentality on this board only one team's fans can be happy each year. Looks like Green Bay is going to get the pleasure two years in a row...

F

i dont get it. lets say we all admit the season was dissapointing. then what?

ps. we all are dissapointed. why the need to admit it.

you know what, I ADMIT IT. happy now. i hate that word admit now.