Please Admit This Season Was Disappointing

MacAddict104

Always proud to be a Bills fan... kind of like a badge of honor when you tell people outside of Buffalo. Normally they just say "wow", "good for you" or just smile. Buffalo Bills fans are a hardy bunch that are continually frustrated but extremely loyal!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the only embarassing thing about being a Bills fan is some of the posters on this board.

"man in the mirror".

Embarrassment could be a sign that you take this stuff way too seriously.

PTR

"Life is fun. Football is serious".

Edited by kidprison

this season was a failure of big proportions.

Absolutely not.

I had more enjoyment of the Bills' "product" during the first month of the season than I've had in a decade. That positive hasn't been negated by the last five weeks.

This team had zero expectations of success coming into the season, so their reversion to that "mean" over the past month is not a failure, except to bandwagon jumpers or 80% of TSW (one in the same, actually).

Speaking of shoutbox, didn't Mac threaten to beat us all up in the waning moments of the Dallas game? He was also "so f#$%ing done with this team," after Dallas too. Why can't they ever keep their promises?

Yeah no kidding..... We should have a Stadium Wall Lame-Fan Elimination Law here on the message board.

If you say you're done being a Bills Fan more than once, then you're banned for a year.

NO SOUP ! ONE YEAR !

Many Bills fans consider this franchise to be in "year two" of the rebuilding process. However they forget that this franchise has been "rebuilding" since 2001. Allow me to explain:

2001-2005 Tom Donahoe Era. Donahoe inherited a team on salary cap hell and did a decent job of finding talent. The problem was he had a huge ego and hired young, subservient coaches as opposed to strong leaders. He really bombed big in Buffalo, but give Ralph credit for giving the money and power to someone from the outside with a proven track record and experience. Sadly this would be the ONLY time Ralph would venture outside his comfort zone.

2006-2008 The Marv Levy Era - Wilson coaxed former coach Levy into the GM role. Marv had little interest in the job and his tenure was a disaster, marred by his poor selection of Dick Jauron as head coach and several poor draft picks. He was seen as more of a "figure head" thana true GM, as the remaining members of Donahoe's failed staff stayed to do day-to-day operations.

2008-2009 The Faux GM When Marv stepped down Wilson replaced him with......NO ONE. Russ Brandon was named president but once again, Donahoe's flunkies were running the show with input from Jauron. Once again these teams were very bad.

The Buddy Nix Era - Jury is still out, though the results are not encouraging. In two years, Buddy took a team that was 6-10 and went 4-12. This year we may be lucky to get to 6-10. So in two years we might actually be no better off. Buddy's draft record is suspect at best, with the big miss on underperforming CJ Spiller. The talent he has found on this team are overachievers who work hard, but are not elite NFl players.

So that's 11 years of rebuilding.... 4 different eras.... 0 playoff wins.... And countless frustrations for the good people of WNY.

Whether you blame Donahoe, Jauron, Modrak, or Bledsoe there has been ONE constant here.... Old Man Wilson.

UNTIL THIS TEAM IS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP THEY WILL FOREVER BE A LOSING FRANCHISE -- mark my words. We can't win with Wilson's loser mentality!

Many Bills fans consider this franchise to be in "year two" of the rebuilding process. However they forget that this franchise has been "rebuilding" since 2001. Allow me to explain:

2001-2005 Tom Donahoe Era. Donahoe inherited a team on salary cap hell and did a decent job of finding talent. The problem was he had a huge ego and hired young, subservient coaches as opposed to strong leaders. He really bombed big in Buffalo, but give Ralph credit for giving the money and power to someone from the outside with a proven track record and experience. Sadly this would be the ONLY time Ralph would venture outside his comfort zone.

2006-2008 The Marv Levy Era - Wilson coaxed former coach Levy into the GM role. Marv had little interest in the job and his tenure was a disaster, marred by his poor selection of Dick Jauron as head coach and several poor draft picks. He was seen as more of a "figure head" thana true GM, as the remaining members of Donahoe's failed staff stayed to do day-to-day operations.

2008-2009 The Faux GM When Marv stepped down Wilson replaced him with......NO ONE. Russ Brandon was named president but once again, Donahoe's flunkies were running the show with input from Jauron. Once again these teams were very bad.

The Buddy Nix Era - Jury is still out, though the results are not encouraging. In two years, Buddy took a team that was 6-10 and went 4-12. This year we may be lucky to get to 6-10. So in two years we might actually be no better off. Buddy's draft record is suspect at best, with the big miss on underperforming CJ Spiller. The talent he has found on this team are overachievers who work hard, but are not elite NFl players.

So that's 11 years of rebuilding.... 4 different eras.... 0 playoff wins.... And countless frustrations for the good people of WNY.

Whether you blame Donahoe, Jauron, Modrak, or Bledsoe there has been ONE constant here.... Old Man Wilson.

UNTIL THIS TEAM IS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP THEY WILL FOREVER BE A LOSING FRANCHISE -- mark my words. We can't win with Wilson's loser mentality!

When your right....your right.

Good post. I supposse some will say you are "too negative" or hoping for Wilson to die. But you have said neither. I really hope he sells the team after the season (I know, won't happen, but I can hope for it!). Watching this team and my Pirates in their continual "rebuild" mode makes me sick. What's even worse are the people who think the "rebuilding" is only a few years from completion. In both cases, "rebuliding" will take an owner who is committed to winning.

Good post. I supposse some will say you are "too negative" or hoping for Wilson to die. But you have said neither. I really hope he sells the team after the season (I know, won't happen, but I can hope for it!). Watching this team and my Pirates in their continual "rebuild" mode makes me sick. What's even worse are the people who think the "rebuilding" is only a few years from completion. In both cases, "rebuliding" will take an owner who is committed to winning.

Thank you sir.... I am a frustrated fan and the incompetence is unacceptable. I don't mean to e negative but the same fans who are saying "in Buddy we trust" are the ones who supported Dick Jauron or thought JP Losman would be a franchise QB. Enough is enough

So why do you root for them? Posts are getting boring.

Russ Brandon is a FANTASTIC marketing exec. That is where he should stay. From what I've been told, he didn't have as much of a say in personnel decisions -- it was Modrak, John Guy and Jauron.

I would not call elevating Buddy as a "rebuild." Once again, Ralph was hesitant to look outside his organization and give a proven GM power and control of the team. Buddy had been working as a scout prior to becoming GM, and the 2009 draft was lately unsuccessful. A true "rebuild" would be hiring someone from outside the organization to start over, clean house, and bring in or find "his people" to put together a winning team.

This Nix "rebuild" is no different than the Levy "rebuild." Too many members of the failing team are still in place.

Many Bills fans consider this franchise to be in "year two" of the rebuilding process. However they forget that this franchise has been "rebuilding" since 2001.

No one 'forgets' that this team has been rebuilding for 10 years.

It is not fun to think about it.

People follow the Bills for entertainment. For it to be even remotely entertaining, we have to bill-eve that the Bills will get better.

Most people who feel like you have given up and moved on to other things by now.

How can you NOT be miserable with this team?

It's called having realistic expectations 2 years into a complete rebuild.

Instead of whining every post, why don't you answer the original question that was asked by multiple people - What did you think their record would be before the start of the season? Than you will have your answer.

No one 'forgets' that this team has been rebuilding for 10 years.

It is not fun to think about it.

People follow the Bills for entertainment. For it to be even remotely entertaining, we have to bill-eve that the Bills will get better.

Most people who feel like you have given up and moved on to other things by now.

This is a very intelligent rationale for some of the lofty expectations in here. Thank you very much for sharing and allowing me see the other viewpoint.