Please Admit This Season Was Disappointing

MacAddict104

Theres a lot of good people in these forums who try to find positives in this team. I admire your outlook but let's gets serious, this season was a failure of big proportions.

It makes me sick to hear things like "oh we'll at least we beat New England" or "well we are better than we thought they'd be." Who cares? This is the same loser mentality that's the reason we haven't been competitive for over a decade.

It's annoying that so many fans are content with losing, or are cool with people laughing when you tell them you're a Bills fan, or are ok with a team that consistently delivers a poor product year-after-year. "well a losing team is better than NO team," they'll say. Are you sure about that? I'd rather have these losers out of my town.

Face it, until things change and this team is sold, this culture of losing will continue. It starts at the top with Ralph and the men he hires to work for him. It trickles down from here.

The Buffalo Bills are considered a joke by most NFL fans and they deserve to carry that reputation with them

Hey wait a minnut. You don't want us to admit the season was disappointing (admitted). You want us to admit we have the same loser mentality we've had for a decade, are cool with people laughing at us as fans, are a joke, and will never win again while Ralph owns the team.

Wow, what original sentiments. I've never heard them before.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may not be a good team, but they are certainly not a "crap" team and are far, far from being considered pathetic.

Let me ask you and all the doomsayers a question. Before the first snap on week 1, what was your prediction for their record this year? Be honest. Did you really think they would go 12-4 or 11-5? I would say most on here had them pegged in the 6-10 and 7-9 range. I had them pegged for 7-9 but wouldn't say that in public for fear of being ridiculed. Yet they're on pace to to exceed that in one of the tougher divisions in the league. Pathetic? Hardly. This organization was blown-up and gutted (thankfully) less than 2 years ago. That's not an excuse I'm making, it's fact. Did you honestly think that we would go from 4-12 to the playoffs? It would be nice, but it's not realistic thinking.

Too many fans flip-flop on and off the bandwagon on a weekly basis. 3-game winning streak? We're going to the Superbowl! 3-game losing streak? Burn down the stadium and move the team!

Look, we're not as good as the Jets. We're not as good as the Patriots either. But we are closing the gap, slowly but surely, even if you're unable to see it. Should a mediocre 8-8 record be considered acceptable? No, it shouldn't and it isn't - but it is what many astute football fans would consider realistic coming into this season.

TLDR: It's not our fault you thought they were going to the Superbowl after beating the Pats.

P.S. Ralph is cheap.

I am dissapointed in how badly injuries have done this team in......I am not disaapointed in the Team at all.

I know this will fall on deaf ears to the OP.....but I will say it again....we have ALREADY surpassed our win total from last year.....we are in year number 2 of a rebiuld where the GM has been trying to recover this team from YEARS of mismanagement, poor drafting, and losing mentality.

We have a very young team and and years of middle of the road draft picks and have been forced to dumpster dive for talent......we also have an owner who does not open the purse strings for the good players....not that we would have been able to get them to come here anyway due to location and player mismanagement for years.

I think that for a while at the beginning of this season Chan Gailey gave us a TASTE of what this team could be like if they have another sucessful offseason.

Im not down on the team at all. I think Chan is a good coach....I still believe in Buddy Nix talent evaluation......we know what are needs are.

:thumbsup: Great points here...

I will also add that overcoming the mass of injuries for a rebuilding, thin and young roster is more difficult than say, Green Bay last year as the OP claimed... A team like the Packers has had the same coaching staff and front office entrenched for years... They've had far more time to build depth under their philosophy and schemes...

Also, when considering the rebuilding process, remember that the Bills defensive scheme has gone through a huge transition here... It has been changed from a Cover-2, 4-3 scheme requiring smaller, faster players particularly in the front 7 to a much bigger, stout 3-4 scheme requiring a major shift in personnel...

I'm certainly not happy with how things are going this season, and I've done my fair share of complaining the last few years... But I like Gailey and Nix's philosophies and schemes far more than some of the previous attempts...

You're right, most teams can recover from losing their

starting OLB

starting Pro Bowl NT

starting RB, #3 in the league rusher

starting OC

starting LT

backup LT

#2 CB

#2 WR

#3 WR

preseason #2 WR

It's unbelievable that they've fallen so far with just a few minor injuries.

Ding,ding;ding ...we started losing when the injuries started to mount...and

Face it.... We cheer for a team if losers. We'll always be losers until Ralph sells the team and changes the culture of losing

Man...I have been a fan all of my 42 years on this planet...but...it's getting hard to cheer for these guys. Only so much disappointment one can take!

I am dissapointed in how badly injuries have done this team in......I am not disaapointed in the Team at all.

I know this will fall on deaf ears to the OP.....but I will say it again....we have ALREADY surpassed our win total from last year.....we are in year number 2 of a rebiuld where the GM has been trying to recover this team from YEARS of mismanagement, poor drafting, and losing mentality.

We have a very young team and and years of middle of the road draft picks and have been forced to dumpster dive for talent......we also have an owner who does not open the purse strings for the good players....not that we would have been able to get them to come here anyway due to location and player mismanagement for years.

I think that for a while at the beginning of this season Chan Gailey gave us a TASTE of what this team could be like if they have another sucessful offseason.

Im not down on the team at all. I think Chan is a good coach....I still believe in Buddy Nix talent evaluation......we know what are needs are.

Couldn't say it any better.

You're right, most teams can recover from losing their

starting OLB

starting Pro Bowl NT

starting RB, #3 in the league rusher

starting OC

starting LT

backup LT

#2 CB

#2 WR

#3 WR

preseason #2 WR

It's unbelievable that they've fallen so far with just a few minor injuries.

Hmmmmm when we were winning we were healthy....losing not healthy ..... I can't quite put our finger on it....

From a 4-12 team with a great start, now riddled with injuries. Its an improvement from last season. No one can deny that. If the Bills lose out then at the end of the season we can all say it's dissapointing. I can still see maybe 3 victories left for Buffalo - Tenny, Miami and Denver. And the way San Diego is playing maybe even 4 wins.

8 wins is much better than 4.

Even at full-strength this team had some good breaks and luck. All teams have injuries, good ones find ways to overcome them. Look at Green Bay last year.

This is not a good team. This is a crap team and you are entrenched in the culture of losing by making excuses for them.

I love the Bills but they are pathetic and unlike you, I don't like cheering for a futile franchise

Then go somewhere else. It's not like your moaning is fresh or original. There are multiple threads every day full of miserable posts exactly like yours.

Disappointing? I picked this team as 6-10 in the beginning of the year and I thought that was a little generous- I watched this team in preseason and I thought the Oline was woeful but the season started and they played much better- at 5-6 now they should at least match my prediction and 9-7 is not out of the question none of the teams coming up are world beaters.

Theres a lot of good people in these forums who try to find positives in this team. I admire your outlook but let's gets serious, this season was a failure of big proportions.

I went into this season thinking 6-10 would be a probable outcome.

The Bills have sucked so bad for so long that it is highly unlikely it could be turned around in one season. People who expect this kind of turn around puzzle me. It is like people who are 150lb overweight who get upset that they go to the gym 2 days in a row but didn't lose 50lb. You didn't put that weight on overnight and it won't come off overnight either. It is the same with the Bills.

Now I don't forgive the decline and the overall sorry state of this franchise. The blame falls primarily on Mr. Wilson for letting it happen. I also am not sold on Nix or Gailey being the shining star genius's that no one else noticed for 30 years that some like to believe. But as much as I think they whiffed badly on their first draft, I think that so far anyway it seems their second draft may have been solid. I will give them another year or two as long as they continue to show progress in bringing this team back to relevance in the NFL and not just a joke. If they regress and if there is someone better available, and more importantly willing, to be the GM or HC then so be it.

The OP may consider this a loser mentality but I consider his a emotional rather than logical one.

It makes me sick to hear things like "oh we'll at least we beat New England" or "well we are better than we thought they'd be." Who cares? This is the same loser mentality that's the reason we haven't been competitive for over a decade.

It's annoying that so many fans are content with losing, or are cool with people laughing when you tell them you're a Bills fan, or are ok with a team that consistently delivers a poor product year-after-year. "well a losing team is better than NO team," they'll say. Are you sure about that? I'd rather have these losers out of my town.

Face it, until things change and this team is sold, this culture of losing will continue. It starts at the top with Ralph and the men he hires to work for him. It trickles down from here.

The Buffalo Bills are considered a joke by most NFL fans and they deserve to carry that reputation with them

F

Disappointing on the verge of devastating...I think even the front office would agree. I dont think they would have put together such a lucrative contract for Fitz had they not thought the first half of the season was real...

The last 4 games? Definitely.

The first 7 games? Not at all.

We got killed by our lack of depth, hopefully that's something we can build up this season. If we can get solid depth and keep a good core group of players to start, then we should be looking up.

I just hope we can build on a solid Jets game to win some more games to end the season. We need to keep building.

I actually went into last season with an 8-8, 9-7 potential, this year, I expected the same. Next year I expect them to miss the playoffs, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that.....

If you run a franchise solely on the basis of making the maximum profit by spending as little as possible, then what else were you expecting?

In the financial industry it's called low risk, low reward. In the NFL it's called last place.

I doubt thats the same mentality the team has, and therefore not why they haven't been competitive for over a decade.

F

Well, aparently you have no Idea what being a true fan is about...jump ship and go cheer for Green Bay, why don't you.

Was this season disappointing? So far, a little. A lot less if we're better than .500, which 3 of the 6 losses can be placed squarely on the shoulders of George Edwards. His inability to put together a defensive scheme against Cinci (rookie QB, coming off a game in which he was sacked 5 times and picked twice), the Giants (EVERYONE KNOWS that if you pressure Eli Manning he makes mistakes) & the most recent heartbreaker (UMMMM...Sanchez is not a good QB, and again, it is widely known he folds under pressure).

Back to the matter at hand...I'm not disappointed and I'm not content with losing, but the disaster of bad coaching, scouting and drafting that has desimated this franchise for the last decade came to an end last year. Being in year two of a true rebuilding mode, this team has made some strides in improving. Yes, we've had a couple set backs but this last game proved, to me, that we're down but not out. I BILLIEVE we finish strong, probably miss the playoffs, but it's simply reality that the team is one or two key players (on each side of the ball) and another year from being a true contender rather than the cinderella story the team was at he beginning of the season.

Im not happy with the way the season has gone! But you cant deny the bright spots this team has. Health is the main factor for this season. If this team stayed healthy.....we have 3 more wins! And would be in the division lead. Like most im upset with this franchise.....i want a new owner......but people say we dont have talent....i think they are wrong!

SJ13 made revis look human! Noone has ever done that! Not even the best of them! Nelson is another example.....hes becoming a decent player! I laugh when people say we need an elite TE....i think our TE is having a great year!!!!

This org needs to be players in the FA market.....not huge names....but guys like barnett.....guys like that will make us a playoff team!

We have no choice but to hang in there....

First and Foremost, the season isn't over. We can in theory get the nine wins I defined as a satisfactory season. The injuries and our brain farts over the last four weeks make that unlikely, but there is progress. Those games before the break were anything but a disappointment, and we saw some pro-bowl performances from Jackson, Wilson, and good solid team play. The Jets game was a well played game given the injuries and was doomed by Stevies dropping a critical pass (again).

I don't see the sason so far as a major disappointment and things can get better. Wins against some of the better teams we will be seeing could make the season.

I believe he is repeating his same gloomy thoughts in every post. The shoutbox comments are the same way.

Do we really need another negative Nancy?

Speaking of shoutbox, didn't Mac threaten to beat us all up in the waning moments of the Dallas game? He was also "so f#$%ing done with this team," after Dallas too. Why can't they ever keep their promises?