Stay Classy Mr WIlson, pay Fred Jackson

Fred played his heart out this year, has been a model player on the field and off, and was promised

a new deal after this season. Please Ralph, be true to your word and pay Mr. Jackson his due.

I know he is an aging RB, I know he will be coming off an injury, I also know he didn't hold out.

If I hear that "its just business" with regards to not paying FJ next year I am finished as a Bills fan.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Let me start by saying I LOVE FRED JACKSON. He's probably my favorite Bill at least on this team. I was also in favor of Fred being our starter when MANY, MANY, MANY people in this forum said I was crazy for wanting him over Lynch. I do think he deserved a pay day IF he finished the season. Unfortunately, and this is probably why Nix didn't renegotiate earlier is that he's on the wrong side of 30, is still under contract, and now has an injury problem. You can flame me all you want that it's a fluke injury and no past issues would show that it's a reacurring issue but this is how it happens with 30+ year old RBs. One minute your on top of the world, Holmes, Tomlinson, Lewis, Smith, Portis, etc, and the next you get a small injury or banged up and can't produce anymore (at least how you did at some point in your youth). The fact is Fred signed his contract, had 1 1/2 years as a starter, and now he's aging without showing he could finish a full season carrying the full load. I'd love to give him money for nothing but this is the kind of thing that gets us into trouble, Etc. Merriman, McGee, Kelsey, Schobel, Spikes, etc. Sorry Fred, your careeray be done because it's not like you freaked your arm or something. Your a RB and you live and die by your legs and now one is broken at the ripe age of 30. Was glad to cheer for you when we sucked so horribly.

Let me start by saying I LOVE FRED JACKSON. He's probably my favorite Bill at least on this team. I was also in favor of Fred being our starter when MANY, MANY, MANY people in this forum said I was crazy for wanting him over Lynch. I do think he deserved a pay day IF he finished the season. Unfortunately, and this is probably why Nix didn't renegotiate earlier is that he's on the wrong side of 30, is still under contract, and now has an injury problem. You can flame me all you want that it's a fluke injury and no past issues would show that it's a reacurring issue but this is how it happens with 30+ year old RBs. One minute your on top of the world, Holmes, Tomlinson, Lewis, Smith, Portis, etc, and the next you get a small injury or banged up and can't produce anymore (at least how you did at some point in your youth). The fact is Fred signed his contract, had 1 1/2 years as a starter, and now he's aging without showing he could finish a full season carrying the full load. I'd love to give him money for nothing but this is the kind of thing that gets us into trouble, Etc. Merriman, McGee, Kelsey, Schobel, Spikes, etc. Sorry Fred, your careeray be done because it's not like you freaked your arm or something. Your a RB and you live and die by your legs and now one is broken at the ripe age of 30. Was glad to cheer for you when we sucked so horribly.

This is 100% true, like it or not...Fred Jackson isn't going to get another contract from the Bills (at least not one with a pay increase) and Steve Johnson will be playing elsewhere once his contract expires. The sad truth is, the way the Bills do business, they think they can't afford players to make the team better, so they aren't likely to be shelling out top dollars just to be "classy".

ive been saying it all year and its still true now, freddie will be released prior to next season

doesnt matter how good he is, and he is very good, it just is bad football business to give a big contract to a 31yo rb - especially when you have a former high first rounder waiting for his chance. if fred wants to stay here he can accept a modest pay increase and finish his career with probably one more highly productive season as the primary back and a couple more after that as the third down/rotation guy

unfortunately fred is far more likely to pull a thomas jones, demand a much bigger raise than he will be offered, forcing his release, where he will end up on some other team for about the same money as the bills offered and not do as well on the field as if he had just stayed here

you can see it coming a mile away. at least i can

ive been saying it all year and its still true now, freddie will be released prior to next season

doesnt matter how good he is, and he is very good, it just is bad football business to give a big contract to a 31yo rb - especially when you have a former high first rounder waiting for his chance. if fred wants to stay here he can accept a modest pay increase and finish his career with probably one more highly productive season as the primary back and a couple more after that as the third down/rotation guy

unfortunately fred is far more likely to pull a thomas jones, demand a much bigger raise than he will be offered, forcing his release, where he will end up on some other team for about the same money as the bills offered and not do as well on the field as if he had just stayed here

you can see it coming a mile away. at least i can

Interesting. I love FJ and still wouldn't worry if they extended him, BUT Spiller now has the chance to make it very clear whether

it is going to be a good idea to pay Fred. If he plays well, it would be a big surprise to most of us and allow the Bills to just let Fred play out his contract. Poor Freddy...had the injury at exactly the wrong time, finacially speaking.

Mcgee, who knew he was done with the Bills career while he was being carted and you could see his life flash before him and he was pissed.

Fred was typical Fred and said its a bruise and should be back. Maybe he can become our running back coach if he cant come back?

we owe him something.

But the sad truth is. well we all know what the sad truth is dont we?

Love ya Fred

This is 100% true, like it or not...Fred Jackson isn't going to get another contract from the Bills (at least not one with a pay increase) and Steve Johnson will be playing elsewhere once his contract expires. The sad truth is, the way the Bills do business, they think they can't afford players to make the team better, so they aren't likely to be shelling out top dollars just to be "classy".

Your right, just ask players like Kelsay, Fitz, Kyle Williams. They will all tell you that Buffalo thinks they can't re-sign players and prefer to just let guys walk

I agree, pay the man! There is no doubt he was misused by Gailey from the stand point that Chan was burning him out. There was no doubt he was going to get banged up I just didn't think it would happen this soon. I think we will see CJ improve dramatically over the next few games. I do think the Bills will use this as an excuse not to pay him. At the end of the season Fred's stats will be unfair to him and the Bills will take advantage, not saying Fred won't get a new contract but it will not be as lucrative. I'm always amazed that some players have to proved themselves for years and still not get a good deal while some players get a great deal without proving themselves for a full season.

Edited by VADC Bills

Does anyone know how bad the break was? It could not be that bad if they thought it was a bruise. Will it require any surgery? Still something bad for a running back over 30. He should get a new K but the fact he is over 30 and now this has to have some impact. I hope they can get his a fair deal and CJ lights it up. Maybe Chan can learn to use both of them effectively next year. We love you Freddy. GO BILLS

Your right, just ask players like Kelsay, Fitz, Kyle Williams. They will all tell you that Buffalo thinks they can't re-sign players and prefer to just let guys walk

They have resigned these players but these guys make up a very poor core of your team and the Bills should be signing good core players. The Bills clearly have a thing for these non impact high motor guys as opposed to players with obvious talent. Fred obviously is not high motor enough.

Jackson was on his way to being the only true clear cut starting probowler that we have had in a while.

Byrd had a good year but we were not sure until the voting that he would make it. The same with Kyle Wms and it helped Kyle that others players backed out, but Fred was dominant.

Edited by VADC Bills

How could Chan use Spiller and Fred effectively, or not misuse Fred to the point of "burning him out" (btw, a bone break isn't because he was getting overused and burned out :rolleyes::wallbash: )

The last time Chan tried to use Spiller more and give him extra carries, Fred and his Fanboys threw tantrums because Fred wasn't considered the "Starter" in a preseason game. If Fred and everyone gets so upset he isn't getting as many carries as possible in the preseason, how can you expect the coach to share carries in the regular season when stats count???

Fred is hurt, it sucks, but in football, guys get hurt, most teams have a few serious injuries.

They have resigned these players but these guys make up a very poor core of your team and the Bills should be signing good core players. The Bills clearly have a thing for these non impact high motor guys as opposed to players with obvious talent. Fred obviously is not high motor enough.

Jackson was on his way to being the only true clear cut starting probowler that we have had in a while.

Byrd had a good year but we were not sure until the voting that he would make it. The same with Kyle Wms and it helped Kyle that others players backed out, but Fred was dominant.

Kyle Williams makes up part of a very poor core of the Bills team, and he is non impact and high motor without obvious talent? Fitz too??????

If its just his fibula, the smaller outside bone, Fred will be ok and be back.

The Bills don't owe Fred a thing. We brought him out of the football scrap heap and made him a starter in the NFL.

The whole thing comes down to the difference between what Fred thinks he is worth and what the Bills think they should pay an injured RB on the wrong side of 30.

I hope they can find a way to bridge the difference but I definitely wouldn't break the bank on him at this point.

RTB

Jackson will be back in a bills uniform next season. Spiller wont do anything because he is still trying to run away from the DEF like he did in college. Jackson may not get a new contract this year though. They may wait and opt to see what happens next year. Also Choice is a Gailey guy who knows what will happen with that. Gailey and Nix like to kick the tires on old GT alumni and Chargers players. I think Fred is getting to that age where he migth decline but I hope not. I hope he comes out next year and continues to wreck DEF. Then he will get paid. SJ wants to much money, but I think a deal will get done there. Honestly, in my opinion, the Bills need to keep the good players they have and start to build the OL. Once you can build the OL, it will give F$tz time to throw and Jackson holes to run. For the last decade all the coaches and management have been building everything but the line. Wood and Levitre are good players. Start with them, grab a FA or draft some damn OL.