If Spiller fails this week...

I have visions of Spiller at the goaline folding like a tent last week. I cannot believe this is the same guy that I watched dominate in college. He looks like he's lost all confidence. If he has a poor performance this week against the Jets (17th rush D), I think he's well on his way to being a bust. There is to much on the line for him and the Bills. I want to see the #9 pick take this game over and prove to Gailey and the brain-trust at OBD that they MUST make room for him in the backfield regardless of how well FJax has been playing.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have visions of Spiller at the goaline folding like a tent last week. I cannot believe this is the same guy that I watched dominate in college. He looks like he's lost all confidence. If he has a poor performance this week against the Jets (17th rush D), I think he's well on his way to being a bust. There is to much on the line for him and the Bills. I want to see the #9 pick take this game over and prove to Gailey and the brain-trust at OBD that they MUST make room for him in the backfield regardless of how well FJax has been playing.

Lost his confidence ? When, in his 1.5 years here has he shown any ? Save for that one pre-season TD run last year ? I, for one, cannot get my hopes up as I can't see what is different this week except for him likely to get more touches. Purely because of his draft position, I would keep him for next season and improve our blocking. If he still under-performs, can him mid-season.

If he plays well this Sunday and the rest of this season, it will be a most pleasant surprise. As of now, it looks like the FO has blown their first pick.

21 carries for 115 yards and a TD this year. Why is it that everyone wants to call him a bust before he's even had an opportunity? Last year he was tentative and did NOT look good. From the limited amount we've seen this year, I'm definitely willing to hope he continues averaging over 5 yards a carry.

With the shape our oline is in, with no speed or much talent at WR to stretch the field and you want to base this off of 1 game?!?!? Are you serious or just bored? Don't forget he lost reps in practice when he was learning to play receiver due to injuries.If you're going to judge him, make sure you take into account the play of the oline and not just stats.I think I'm taking a break from the Stadium wall for a while. maybe 'till draft time.

:wallbash:

Edited by Dopey

21 carries for 115 yards and a TD this year. Why is it that everyone wants to call him a bust before he's even had an opportunity?

My opinion is that IF he is SO good that he would be stealing 5-10 touches a game from FJax. Gailey knows that an NFL RB cannot take a full season of carries so if Chan thought Spiller was so spectacular, he would be getting his regardless of Freddie.

Btw, did you see his goaline run last week? Maybe one of the softest plays that I've ever seen in football. :bag:

My opinion is that IF he is SO good that he would be stealing 5-10 touches a game from FJax. Gailey knows that an NFL RB cannot take a full season of carries so if Chan thought Spiller was so spectacular, he would be getting his regardless of Freddie.

Btw, did you see his goaline run last week? Maybe one of the softest plays that I've ever seen in football. :bag:

I saw the play. That Oline sure blew open some huge holes!!

:doh:

With the shape our oline is in, with no speed or much talent at WR to stretch the field and you want to base this off of 1 game?!?!? Are you serious or just bored? Don't forget he lost reps in practice when he was learning to play receiver due to injuries.If you're going to judge him, make sure you take into account the play of the oline and not just stats.I think I'm taking a break from the Stadium wall for a while. maybe 'till draft time.

:wallbash:

I don't need to see 25 att for 150 and 3 tds. I need to see a guy who uses his speed and vision to make plays. I need to see a guy make a move in the open field and is decisive. I need to see a RB who runs with conviction not folds when a hole the size of Nix's mouth opens up in front of him.

And the WR excuse is so lame. He's was one of the best RBs coming out of Florida in high school and then again in college. The guy didn't forget how to play RB. Seriously man, take that break because you are not making sense.

Well, the good thing for Spiller is that he'll probably have the rest of the season to prove he's got it or he's a bust since Freddy is probably done for the year with his calf injury. My guess is after a loss this week to the Jets, another injury or 2 to some of our players and you'll see FJAX end up on IR by Monday or Tuesday afternoon.

Deck kind of stacked this week , with Jets having extra time to rest and a Bills team beat up and beaten down. If Spiller were to have a average game statues could be in order. This game has major beat down written all over it so much would not be surprised at all he have a very good game. Seems to me just when we think we know what is going to happen the reverse does. I am going to choose to hope and believe this to be so.

Far to much to expect anything than his best effort from this game. He gets 70 - 80 yards rushing , this a fabulous game. imo

I think judging him on one game is kinda harsh and shortsighted, especially with the offense performing as terrible as it has the past few weeks & against a defense that has owned them and much of the league. But it sounds like he'll have an extended audition, so I guess we'll know what we have by years end.

He won't fail. Probably the opposite.

He runs over the Jets. Propels the Bills into the playoffs while Jackson is sidelined.

This board is daring the football gods to be benevolent this holiday with the CJ>FJ and FJ>CJ watch the board burn debate.

CJ is the fastest NFL player i've ever seen that cannot find some open space to run in...or when he does he gets tackled by a shoelaces swipe. Can't figure him out? but I'm all for feeding him with 20 carries and some screen passes and just seeing what this guy can do as "the MAN" over the next couple weeks.