If Spiller fails this week...

Why did Davis get reps behind Thurman Thomas?

Did Thurman throw Tantrums because Davis was going to get some extra reps in a pre-season game??

Since everyone has already made up their minds about CJ, perhaps he should be cut before Sunday.

Some would say that they should have done it sooner, like right after they called his name on draft day. Then he can o on and score a few TD's in a meaningless game or garbage time and the board would be flooded with posts about how he was let go of too early and it was the coaching staff holding him back/not using him properly

What I really don't understand with Bills fans is why everything has to be one or the other. Why can't the Bills do like almost every other team in teh league and run with 2 RB's? Why does it have to be Fred OR CJ (Posts here are saying if CJ shows what he did in college, then they don't have to re-sign Fred). Also if Hairston shows he can be a good LT the rest of the year, they can let Bell walk. Why can't they keep both and have one of them as depth?

so we cant give him more then one start....so its this week or nothing?

Nope, One and Done. If he can't run against a Rex Ryan Defence, then he is an obvious bust. Fred already showed he can run against a Ryan defence :rolleyes::wallbash:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Thurman throw Tantrums because Davis was going to get some extra reps in a pre-season game??

Nope, One and Done. If he can't run against a Rex Ryan Defence, then he is an obvious bust. Fred already showed he can run against a Ryan defence :rolleyes::wallbash:

You don't understand competition. FJax wasn't whining, he was pissed because he knew that he was way better than CJ and was obviously right. FJ should have never been taken out of the lineup in the first place but there was obvious pressure to get CJ involved so Nix could save face for an awful pick.

The Jets rank 17th against the run and have allowed the 4th most rushing TD's this year. Maybe they should start CJ out with some baby steps and see if they can re-enroll him college to regain his form.

Seriously, I've never seen so many BS excuses in my life. :bag:

I have visions of Spiller at the goaline folding like a tent last week. I cannot believe this is the same guy that I watched dominate in college. He looks like he's lost all confidence. If he has a poor performance this week against the Jets (17th rush D), I think he's well on his way to being a bust. There is to much on the line for him and the Bills. I want to see the #9 pick take this game over and prove to Gailey and the brain-trust at OBD that they MUST make room for him in the backfield regardless of how well FJax has been playing.

one game is harsh plus the jets kind of own the bills right now. Give him the 6 games and will see, thinking more good then bad. 9 th pick probably not but it is hard to fault them when you look at the next 3 or 4 picks in that draft , not a strong draft.

I have visions of Spiller at the goaline folding like a tent last week. I cannot believe this is the same guy that I watched dominate in college. He looks like he's lost all confidence. If he has a poor performance this week against the Jets (17th rush D), I think he's well on his way to being a bust. There is to much on the line for him and the Bills. I want to see the #9 pick take this game over and prove to Gailey and the brain-trust at OBD that they MUST make room for him in the backfield regardless of how well FJax has been playing.

We are toast. The #9 pick has little to do with out. We cannot stretch the field. Spiller will have few holes as the jets will play 8 on the box and their dbs will press our wrs at the line.

Only hope is to hit some big plays early and hope that Sanchez turns it over a lot. that might keep it interesting.

Oh why not?

PTR

speaking of oj he didnt exactly set the world on fire his first to seasons

We are toast. The #9 pick has little to do with out. We cannot stretch the field. Spiller will have few holes as the jets will play 8 on the box and their dbs will press our wrs at the line.

Only hope is to hit some big plays early and hope that Sanchez turns it over a lot. that might keep it interesting.

This week has the potential to be a nightmare but looking at the reast of the schedule he should have a chance to prove himself or not

until we have some success passing (stretching the field) we cannot run worth a hoot. Spiller is doomed because we have NO WR's who can break press and get seperation much less concern opposing corners with our ball skills ( think dez bryant and plaxico against us).

8 in the box is right Bob. Until we beat that we got nothing. its just that simple.

I have hope for Aiken. Speed, size and hands. send the boy down field far and fast. he will learn to concentrate in a hurry!

for now lets just pound White inside and change speed with Spiller. I am sure both of those kids can follow C mc into a hole well enough

I can't understand why there is a group of fans that think Spiller running the ball was important when we had the leading rusher in the league in our backfield who still wasn't getting enough touches a game because our defense could never get off the field.

Its like saying "Hey Thurman is having an MVP year, but we really need to get that Kenneth Davis involved more."

Stop worrying about where people get drafted. Once they're on the team its all equal.

CJ needs holes to run through like any RB. That means we'll need to get the passing game going so they don't stack the box, which means Fitz will need time to throw something other than a quick slant. Jets play tons of man coverage because they have the corners to do it, so expect more long ball attempts and hope we hit on a few early or they'll just focus on CJ and he's going to have a long day.

Lastly, every receiver needs to keep an eye on the blitz and adjust their routes if the jets come after Fitz. A lot of times young receivers forget to do this fundamental check and they're out running a deep route while they're QB needed to get rid of the ball two seconds ago and he's on his back because his WR's didn't recognize the blitz.

I can't understand why there is a group of fans that think Spiller running the ball was important when we had the leading rusher in the league in our backfield who still wasn't getting enough touches a game because our defense could never get off the field.

Its like saying "Hey Thurman is having an MVP year, but we really need to get that Kenneth Davis involved more."

Stop worrying about where people get drafted. Once they're on the team its all equal.

CJ needs holes to run through like any RB. That means we'll need to get the passing game going so they don't stack the box, which means Fitz will need time to throw something other than a quick slant. Jets play tons of man coverage because they have the corners to do it, so expect more long ball attempts and hope we hit on a few early or they'll just focus on CJ and he's going to have a long day.

Lastly, every receiver needs to keep an eye on the blitz and adjust their routes if the jets come after Fitz. A lot of times young receivers forget to do this fundamental check and they're out running a deep route while they're QB needed to get rid of the ball two seconds ago and he's on his back because his WR's didn't recognize the blitz.

so true

Arian Foster is pretty good and Tate is getting about 10-12 touches per game. Why? Because Tate is averaging 5.6 per rush! The point is, if Gailey thought Spiller was any good he would be finding ways to get him the ball regardless of FJ's success but he's not. Now he has to prove that he can play against the 17th ranked run D.

You don't understand competition. FJax wasn't whining, he was pissed because he knew that he was way better than CJ and was obviously right. FJ should have never been taken out of the lineup in the first place but there was obvious pressure to get CJ involved so Nix could save face for an awful pick.

The Jets rank 17th against the run and have allowed the 4th most rushing TD's this year. Maybe they should start CJ out with some baby steps and see if they can re-enroll him college to regain his form.

Ahh, yes he was whinning. It was the pre-season and he was whinning cause he wasn't the starter for one game. There was pressure to get him involved because they wanted to see what their player can do in game situation against starters

maybe the Bills should just forfeit the rest of the games this year now that Freddie can't play? Or Maybe the NFL can postpone the remainder of the season til he is healed so we don't have to have "The Bust" running the ball?

Ahh, yes he was whinning. It was the pre-season and he was whinning cause he wasn't the starter for one game. There was pressure to get him involved because they wanted to see what their player can do in game situation against starters

maybe the Bills should just forfeit the rest of the games this year now that Freddie can't play? Or Maybe the NFL can postpone the remainder of the season til he is healed so we don't have to have "The Bust" running the ball?

I'm guessing that you never were involved in organized sports after 8th grade because you don't understand competition. No one likes to be taken out of the game regardless of scrimmage, 4th qtr or injury . It was clear that he was the best guy so his view was that it was bullsh*t. It turns out he was completely right. I guess that you'd rather have players who relinquish their positions easily.

FJ has a massive chip on his shoulder from playing at a D3 school, going undrafted, being on the practice squad and having already outperformed one first round pick he knows how easily things can slip away and he wasn't going to let it happen. 943 yds at 5.5 a clip and I guess it worked for him.

Jets ranking 17th against the run is very misleading, plus no wood . It is like you almost wait/wish things go bad so you can come out blasting.

Jets ranking 17th against the run is very misleading, plus no wood . It is like you almost wait/wish things go bad so you can come out blasting.

As for competition , most teams use two backs maybe 70-30 split some less , some more. No reason that Fred shouldn't be any different , in fact it will prolong his career . Idealy fred wears them down then you put the speed in to take advantage of a tired defense . Then fred comes back to run down the clock . Plus as you see if you often need two starters due to injury

hang in there you will get it someday

Wake Forest. Mid Tennessee. Duke.

Spiller has incredible skills. I don't see many broken tackles, or him taking hits in that video.

He is a flanker to me, not a feature back. I hope I'm wrong. He has shown some flashes, I will say that.

Maybe cj is not a 25 carry a game back, but some of the holes fred goes through, the ones when he gets 30 yards , cj porobably would take to the house.4

Not knocking fred at all , he makes more out of nothing then anyback in the league , but cj does have break away speed

I'm not on a Bills message board because I am not a fan. I watched CJ play a bunch in college. I remember screaming at the television when Tommy Bowden gave him 8 carries against Bama in the opener 4 years ago. He was a tremendous talent in college. I want to see him revert back to that college form. I don't care what his yardage total is or how many TD's he scores. I want to see explosiveness and decisiveness. I want to see a guy who will leave Chan no choice but to gt him the ball next year.