Bills "Laid Down"

clayboy54

From the Miami post-game interviews:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/miami-dolphins-yeremiah-bell-buffalo-bills-took-a-1983958.html

"In the first half, when we jumped on them, the way the game was going and the way they were playing, they laid down," Bell said Sunday after Miami's 35-8 victory. "We were putting a hat to them and flying all over the place.

"When we don't make mistakes, we execute, and everybody's in the right spot, we're a pretty good defense. We did that today, and I feel they laid down."

This might be good bulletin board material, but it is so very sad that it has come to this. In the tight-knit NFL players' world, when other players disrespect you AFTER the game, it is usually the truth. No trash-talk or posturing, but real honest-to-goodness truth. Funny that the Bills-Dolphins rivalry is no longer what it once was, so it rings even louder when it comes from players that don't have any axe to grind.

This, in my opinion, is the single most damning evidence of this franchise. Opposing players know what is really going on on the field. This is way more information than any fans can pull from the game. This is more than any commentator or analyst can come up with. This is a clear statement from brothers in the NFL fraternity that the Buffalo Bills LAID DOWN. QUIT. STOPPED TRYING.

Since my first game in 1963, I have never felt as hopeless about this franchise than I do today.

What a crying shame!

It is amazing the turn that has happened in the last three weeks. I fear that Chan is losing control of the team. The fact that they drafted so heavily on D and there has been nothing but a back slide in performance is highly discouraging. I do not think a HC change is in order as Chan will get the O back on track. The defense is another story. I fear that we will be lucky to finish 8-8. Very sad given the hot start.

The Jets feel the same way about the Bills as Miami did yesterday. They have no respect for Buffalo and will try to bully the Bills into submission on Sunday. I agree that this is a stunning reversal from just a few weeks ago. We've gone from being so proud of them to ashamed at their level of softness. I'm embarrased for them.

From the Miami post-game interviews:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/miami-dolphins-yeremiah-bell-buffalo-bills-took-a-1983958.html

"In the first half, when we jumped on them, the way the game was going and the way they were playing, they laid down," Bell said Sunday after Miami's 35-8 victory. "We were putting a hat to them and flying all over the place.

"When we don't make mistakes, we execute, and everybody's in the right spot, we're a pretty good defense. We did that today, and I feel they laid down."

This might be good bulletin board material, but it is so very sad that it has come to this. In the tight-knit NFL players' world, when other players disrespect you AFTER the game, it is usually the truth. No trash-talk or posturing, but real honest-to-goodness truth. Funny that the Bills-Dolphins rivalry is no longer what it once was, so it rings even louder when it comes from players that don't have any axe to grind.

This, in my opinion, is the single most damning evidence of this franchise. Opposing players know what is really going on on the field. This is way more information than any fans can pull from the game. This is more than any commentator or analyst can come up with. This is a clear statement from brothers in the NFL fraternity that the Buffalo Bills LAID DOWN. QUIT. STOPPED TRYING.

Since my first game in 1963, I have never felt as hopeless about this franchise than I do today.

What a crying shame!

I don't know about that. It was very apparent that they laid down. You could see it at the POA, in their demeanor on the field, and in their faces on the sidelines. Reminded me of the Bills in '68 and '84. Once that snowball starts rolling, it's hard to stop. The Bills are in an avalanche right now.

GO BILLS!!!

The Jets feel the same way about the Bills as Miami did yesterday. They have no respect for Buffalo and will try to bully the Bills into submission on Sunday. I agree that this is a stunning reversal from just a few weeks ago. We've gone from being so proud of them to ashamed at their level of softness. I'm embarrased for them.

Not even a close comparison. Complete meltdown. The Jets just got beat in the last minute.

Worst collapse I've ever seen. Honestly thought these guys were legit. I did not feel that way in 08.

There have been a lot of hopeless periods over the last 50 years of Bills football. While I am pissed at this free fall that has been going on for 3 games now, I wouldn't be so quick to put this at the top of the list of worst periods in franchise history.

Yeah it's another heartbreaking year as a Bills fan. Honestly I like Fitz and really hoped he was our guy - as he showed he could be in the first month of the season - but he is just not a very good QB. I know we have no better options but signing him that soon was a mistake, shoulda waited until the end of the season. I feel bad for the guy cause he finally had his chance to prove he's worth something in this league, instead he's regressed a ton.

I would not be surprised if we finish 5-11. We are without a doubt the worst team in the league right now. We went from a top 5 ranked Offense in points scored to dead last over the last three weeks. We couldn't score a touchdown against the low-ranked Miami pass D, yet our D made Matt Moore look like Dan Marino.

We've gone from showing about as much heart as any teams had with those two comeback wins, to looking like the most unenergized, lifeless, and depleted teams out there. As soon as Miami scored one TD I knew it would go bad for us. And I honestly see no reprieve in the future...it's sad that when were on the field I no longer have faith to do anything on either side of the ball. Ugh...just had to become a Bills fan for some reason...

It has been very sad, I have been a bills fan for a long time, but even last year they didnt quit, for 2 weeks in a row i have not watched passed 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter. It is a very sad time to be a bills fan, they are not even competetive anymore. I hope they snap out of it, if not we may end up with a top 5 draft pick at 5-11 with a one game improvment, but acutally worse to watch than last year.

It is amazing the turn that has happened in the last three weeks. I fear that Chan is losing control of the team. The fact that they drafted so heavily on D and there has been nothing but a back slide in performance is highly discouraging. I do not think a HC change is in order as Chan will get the O back on track. The defense is another story. I fear that we will be lucky to finish 8-8. Very sad given the hot start.

8-8 - THAT would be an accomplishment!!

Who do you think we'll beat???? Maybe San Diego? Every other team we will be facing is on the upswing - getting better as the season goes on. OK, maybe the Jets aren't trnding up, but they are still better than us.

We look like pathetic quitters!!

It is pretty poor when the most emotional guy on the losing team was the punter. He was fired up after that punt block, threw his helmet... The punter!

I am starting to think Fitzy's big contract took the chip off of his shoulder and he lost his edge. Chan should have benched him earlier. Should have benched Smith too. Time to start figuring out how to send the rigth message in the locker room. It's nt like they can lose any worse...

It is pretty poor when the most emotional guy on the losing team was the punter. He was fired up after that punt block, threw his helmet... The punter!

I am starting to think Fitzy's big contract took the chip off of his shoulder and he lost his edge. Chan should have benched him earlier. Should have benched Smith too. Time to start figuring out how to send the rigth message in the locker room. It's nt like they can lose any worse...

Fitz has always been a career backup.....Hes a good competitor but does not have a NFL arm..

Like Chan says, football is a "tough game for tough people". Well, OK, then why create a finesse offense? The Bills fans were under the impression the Bills were gonna be this big physical football team. Buddy and Chan told us so. What happened? I could go on and on.

The fact that a team representing blue collar Buffalo goes out there, gets their faces smashed in every week, and lays down and is too soft to at least give an honest effort and fight back is the hardest part to accept. It really has me questioning my fanship. I am not looking forward to watching them get their ass handed to them again this week, which is really sad that this team has turned me off to looking forward to a Bills game.

I don't know about that. It was very apparent that they laid down. You could see it at the POA, in their demeanor on the field, and in their faces on the sidelines. Reminded me of the Bills in '68 and '84. Once that snowball starts rolling, it's hard to stop. The Bills are in an avalanche right now.

GO BILLS!!!

I had the same idea, it seems a lot like '68 and '84 to me, too. Except the Bills of those years didn't tease us with a good start like this team did, they just sucked from the beginning of the season. Regression isn't fun and being a Bills' fan for so long without any joy is very frustrating.

I hate to say it but I'm embarrased to be a Bills fan. The Bills have been dominated in every way. They mentally checked out and that falls on the head coach because this team has no confidence. Once you lose confidence you have nothing. They looked like my son's pee wee team looked like after they looked across the field at the other teams bigger players and were scared to play aganist them. I don't think the Bills could beat the Colts or any team right now. Right now they are the worst team in the league. I stopped watching the game and that's something I never do but I just couldn't watch anymore. The Bills are the laughing stock of the NFL, no one outside of the WNY area or die hard fans believes in this team. I don't know how they expect free agents to want to come here, this team is cursed. This team doesn't believe in itself anymore...sad...just...sad. :bag:

Edited by Big Curt

I had the same idea, it seems a lot like '68 and '84 to me, too. Except the Bills of those years didn't tease us with a good start like this team did, they just sucked from the beginning of the season. Regression isn't fun and being a Bills' fan for so long without any joy is very frustrating.

True, Mini Max, true. In many ways this is harder to take because of that good start.

GO BILLS!!!