Is Tebow turning the NFL upside down?

Big Turk

Going to be tough if he takes a hit. Totally different playbook for each qb?

He will start next year I think, but it'll be interesting to see who they have as a backup

Kids fun to watch.

They say: tebow better hope the Denver defense continues to hold the opposition to under 20 points

And score - another pick 6!

How many d and special teams points this month for den? Not taking away but seems like a lot watching from afar. Grinding out wins either way!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid is a winner

He's a winner thus far, but no matter how much he keeps winning, he will be fighting the ghost of the second string quarterback.

What he's doing is creating another "Flutie-Mania" kinda thing. I love the kid because he's a former Gator, but I feel sorry for him because if he keeps up like this, he'll still be proving himself all the way until he retires.

In all seriousness, though, as much as I love the guy, he's GOT to work on throwing the ball..you know...only the most basic fundamental skill of a quarterback. Then again, another quarterback in Denver started out like this, and only became a good pocket passer (and two time Super Bowl champion) later in his career. The difference being, however, that Elway ALWAYS had a gun. I think he scrambled around a lot because he wasn't sure what to do with the ball, and well, he COULD scramble. Later in his career, he no longer COULD.

IMO, he put the team in a position to lose not win. The offense scored 10 points. They got the ball 5-6 times starting inside the 50. They should have been up by 10 points instead of down by three, and that was because of Tebow.

I'm absolutely thrilled he won. I was cheering for him the whole game. I screamed out loud when I saw the TD run. I even picked him up on my fantasy team (we play two QBs) and start him. But he's terrible. They should never have been down three points. If orton was playing, they would have won easier I think. Their defense is good. Fox is a good coach.

You can't deny that he has flair and an ability to come back (even though the Jets were incredibly stupid to blitz like that). I think he was so bad though that he put his team in a position to lose that they should have easily won.

No way would I want him as my QB. Just one person's opinion.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

After the Detroit loss, Denver finally built the offense around his strengths instead of his weaknesses (adjusting your schemes to your players! what a concept!)

lol stop it.....he did absolutly nothing for 3.5 quarters...

the Denver defense did all they could to give him one more shot...and he finally came thru....

I doubt it. Orton is 4-14 as Broncos starter the past two years. Tebow is 5-3

I agree. Orton's orthodoxy plays much better to the Jests' strengths on defense. Plus, and it's not a little matter, Tebow seems to have the respect of the players. They genuinely seem to like the guy.

GO BILLS!!!

Dude looks ugly when he passes, no doubt.

But there should be no doubt in any rational person's mind that he's a winner amongst winners. And the people who bash him for his personality, and especially for his faith, in my mind, are miserable, overly-cynical phonies who pretend they're cooler than they really are. And that's coming from an agnostic.

Tebow is a good person, a phenom of an athlete, an even better competitor, and will maybe one day be a great thrower. Either way, enjoy the ride. You won't see a guy like this in a long time.

Edited by JustinAtlanta

Shonn Green's injury, Von Miller and the rest of the Denver defense helped him out a lot tonight. That said, Tebow made the runs he had to in crunch time, including that pretty TD run. I give him credit for all of that. Some of his throws still look very ugly.

Then again, some of Sanchez's throws didn't look much better than Tim's.

keep reading Tebow another Flutie. What I wonder and will be interested to see is , will he actually get a decent shot at success that Flutie never really got. Flutie was subjected to naysaying crap his entire career many looking for even a hint at a miss step , Flutie achieved in spite of people not because of them. Will the NFL make the same mistake with Tebow as Flutie, Has anyone , anywhere , anyplace learned perhaps in sport or life its inside that counts and you don't need be prototypical anything to have success.No clue if the man will have a even average career, but for goodness sake , let it play out , so many have decided it over before it even has chance. Goodness if you can prognosticate futures, rather than football careers, get in the stock market and make some money for yourselves....

Edited by millbank

The Tebow option will go the way of the Wildcat unless he becomes a more effective passer. It can last if he becomes a more consistent dual threat, but teams will adjust. He looked successful last night because the Jets safeties are not that good and it takes good safety and linebacker play to neutralize the option. Just look at Tebow's touchdown run. It was completely botched by Leonhard.

keep reading Tebow another Flutie. What I wonder and will be interested to see is , will he actually get a decent shot at success that Flutie never really got. Flutie was subjected to naysaying crap his entire career many looking for even a hint at a miss step , Flutie achieved in spite of people not because of them. Will the NFL make the same mistake with Tebow as Flutie, Has anyone , anywhere , anyplace learned perhaps in sport or life its inside that counts and you don't need be prototypical anything to have success.No clue if the man will have a even average career, but for goodness sake , let it play out , so many have decided it over before it even has chance. Goodness if you can prognosticate futures, rather than football careers, get in the stock market and make some money for yourselves....

flutie never got "another shot" because he was garbage. He was good for a small stretch of games and then D-coordinators figured him out and he became largely ineffective. Unless tebow becomes a better passer, he'll go down the same path.

If anything, it shows you can run on teams in the NFL built to defend the pass.

It's the stone cutter offense. Beat them until they break with a running attack.

(A Stone cutter swings away at a rock pounding it 100 times without so much as a crack appearing in it. On his 101st strike, the rock shatters.)

Disagree as much as i can possibly , this nothing new , you and i, but that is ok.....:), (am to old to argue with you folk, you be well)

flutie never got "another shot" because he was garbage. He was good for a small stretch of games and then D-coordinators figured him out and he became largely ineffective. Unless tebow becomes a better passer, he'll go down the same path.