Time to promote Jasper from practice squad

Chuckknox

Jasper is big but he is built all wrong to be an NFL interior linemen Good NFL linemen like wood, Williams and dareus have huge lower bodies and are built from the ground up. Jasper on the other hand has skinny little ankles and legs and a massive upper body. He's kind of like one of those gen1 body builders from the post schwarzennegger era that spent all his time working his upper body ignoring the legs except with Jasper the upper body muscle is replaced with upper body fat.

I am sick of all the Jasper talk. Look, if he was good enough to help the team he wouldn't be on the practice squad. I really doubt he gets pulled up tomorrow. He is a project. They said as much when they picked. His size and ability to dunk a basketball have people thinking he is some sort of fairy tale wizard who will change the fortune of the Bills forever. Holy cow. Get off it. A really big dude who is athletic got picked in the NFL draft...in the 7th round... I hope he is player for us, but he isn't there yet or Chan would have him on the Sunday roster, not the Wednesday thru Friday roster.

I am sick of all the Jasper talk. Look, if he was good enough to help the team he wouldn't be on the practice squad. I really doubt he gets pulled up tomorrow. He is a project. They said as much when they picked. His size and ability to dunk a basketball have people thinking he is some sort of fairy tale wizard who will change the fortune of the Bills forever. Holy cow. Get off it. A really big dude who is athletic got picked in the NFL draft...in the 7th round... I hope he is player for us, but he isn't there yet or Chan would have him on the Sunday roster, not the Wednesday thru Friday roster.

We should call up that kid that could do a backflip at like 375 lbs a few years ago.

Jasper is big but he is built all wrong to be an NFL interior linemen Good NFL linemen like wood, Williams and dareus have huge lower bodies and are built from the ground up. Jasper on the other hand has skinny little ankles and legs and a massive upper body. He's kind of like one of those gen1 body builders from the post schwarzennegger era that spent all his time working his upper body ignoring the legs except with Jasper the upper body muscle is replaced with upper body fat.

You know, I don't know if I've read anything more wrong on this entire board. Ever. And that's saying a lot.

Jasper's lower legs are HUGE. His calves are HUGE. And your post is completely, utterly preposterous. He does not look like Warren Sapp. He looks like a physical freak.

After a very bad night, this right here brought tears to my eyes funny! I can appreciate the humor in this. Seeing as tho its very true.. LOL!!!

Are you nuts Jasper has got some of the biggest Calves I have ever seen and his upper body is huge but so is his lower. What he has is the perfect body for a Nose Tackle which is where he should be because pulling guard he is not and a double team sponge he'd be.

Are you nuts Jasper has got some of the biggest Calves I have ever seen and his upper body is huge but so is his lower. What he has is the perfect body for a Nose Tackle which is where he should be because pulling guard he is not and a double team sponge he'd be.

He didn't look like a double team sponge in the pre-season. He looked like someone who was very slow to react to what was happening around him. Just because he is big and strong, doesn't mean that he will be a good NFL football player.

seems to me we got half the people in here thinking he is playing D tackle, and the other half believing he is playing O-tackle. End of preseason they said he was moving to O-line, I am guessing no one here as actually seen this guy take a snap on offense in the NFL? Maybe Warwow has seen some practices and can contribute?

I still think that the Bills did some shell game with getting Jasper onto the practice squad. They staked out a claim on him by having a scout visit him repeatedly and by being realistic in telling him how much weight he had to lose. They gave him an achievable figure and he more than made that. Then they showed faith in him by drafting him, rather than picking him up as a FA, where they probably could have gotten him as well, since they had the inside track. Then they showed him to the world as a nose tackle in the preseason, where he didn't look too good and when he was a cut at 53, he wasn't picked up by anybody. Then they plucked him up from the waiver ASAP and he was happy to be coming to Buffalo, where he knew people, the system and had friends. THEN they started training him as an offensive lineman on the PS. Nobody can see how well he is doing at o-line, so nobody is going to pluck him off our PS and keep him on their 53 man roster. We have a free year to get him ready for next year. He is an unusal physical person, very big, very strong and well balanced. (I don't know where somebody above was talking from in saying his legs are tiny. The fellow can dunk a basketball without a running start and at his size......). Wait until next year. I am looking at him as somebody, if he had transferred to a big name school for 2 years, could have been a late 1st round pick, with what he may be next year. :flirt:

Jasper is big but he is built all wrong to be an NFL interior linemen Good NFL linemen like wood, Williams and dareus have huge lower bodies and are built from the ground up

How's that worked out for them. Both have missed a lot of time in their short careers. Both with issues from the thighs down.

The reason you won't see Jasper is because the Bills don't want to chastised for wasting another draft pick. Jasper has physical gifts for such a large dude... he just ain't got the desire to play the game at this level. If he did, the NT job was his for the taking, and he's now on the offensive side of the ball.