#1. Phoenix Coyotes

#2. Minnesota Timberwolves

#3. Sacramento Kings

#4. Indiana Pacers

#5. New York Islanders

#6. Detroit Lions

#7. Columbus Blue Jackets

http://247wallst.com/2011/11/08/seven-pro-teams-on-the-brink-of-collapse/

Is the point to empahsize that the Bills are not in financial difficulty? Who believed otherwise? They are a very profitable team, no matter their success on the field.

Is the point to empahsize that the Bills are not in financial difficulty? Who believed otherwise? They are a very profitable team, no matter their success on the field.

Agreed, that profitability is not a problem under Wilson (never understood his complaints), but that changes with a new owner who could be saddled with 20-30 million in debt each year (figuring if up to a half billion dollars of the deal is financed).

Agreed, that profitability is not a problem under Wilson (never understood his complaints), but that changes with a new owner who could be saddled with 20-30 million in debt each year (figuring if up to a half billion dollars of the deal is financed).

Ticket prices will definetly rise with new ownership. Ralph owns the team outright, no loans to pay off. The new owner(s) will be paying back a loan to purchase the team, which means less/no profit. To correct this, ticket prices will go up.

I'm surprised that any NFL team could be on the list. The Bills do too well to be on this list. I could see the idiots at Forbes lumping us in there because we are a small market team in a poorer area so no one would question it.

So Forbes, just to mess with Buffalo, would fudge all their data to make Buffalo look like they lost money, even though everyone knows this isn;t true (mainly because of years of other Forbes data)?

There are some crazy MFers on this board. Such paranoia and inferiority complex.

So Forbes, just to mess with Buffalo, would fudge all their data to make Buffalo look like they lost money, even though everyone knows this isn;t true (mainly because of years of other Forbes data)?

There are some crazy MFers on this board. Such paranoia and inferiority complex.

Have you ever seen some of the other Forbes lists? There is zero logic. One list will have Buffalo in the top place to live and the next week, there will be a list that ranks it as one of the most miserable cities. They constantly contradict themselves.

P.S. I am crazy but not paranoid.

Surprised that its the Lions and not the Jaguars on that list. I know they were in real rough shape financially last year.

I thought I saw an article around here recently that stated Detroit was the only NFL franchise with a net loss last season.

. . . Ralph owns the team outright, no loans to pay off. The new owner(s) will be paying back a loan to purchase the team, which means less/no profit. To correct this, ticket prices will go up.

There is reason to believe that Buffalo Bills, Inc. (a NY corporation that Ralph owns, which in turn owns the team) had about $128 million in debt in 2009:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/130751-conventional-wisdom-bills-have-no-debt-service/page__p__2173076__hl__%2Bconventional+%2Bwisdom__fromsearch__1#entry2173076

Admittedly a new owner might have to incur an even higher amount of debt to buy the team, but Ralph is making a profit each year despite having acquired that $128 million in debt somewhere along the way.

When was this article written? The top team on the list, the Phoenix Coyotes, left Phoenix and are now the Winnipeg Jets. Me thinks this may be an article from a couple years ago.

When was this article written? The top team on the list, the Phoenix Coyotes, left Phoenix and are now the Winnipeg Jets. Me thinks this may be an article from a couple years ago.

My bad! I thought it was Phoenix who moved back to their original home in Winnipeg, when it was actually the Atlanta Thrashers.

and the Bills are NOT on the list.....

#1. Phoenix Coyotes

#2. Minnesota Timberwolves

#3. Sacramento Kings

#4. Indiana Pacers

#5. New York Islanders

#6. Detroit Lions

#7. Columbus Blue Jackets

http://247wallst.com/2011/11/08/seven-pro-teams-on-the-brink-of-collapse/

I am surprised teams like Jacksonville Jaguars is not in the top.