At the midway mark

Estro

As it stands record wise now you have the AFC West which will get 1 team in (the division winner). Same goes for the AFC South, the Titans are certainly still alive, but my feeling is the Texans will be the only team in the playoffs representing that division. That leaves 4 playoff spots open for the AFC North and AFC East (2 division winners, 2 wildcards).

In order to keep pace witht he likes of the Pats, Jets, Bengals, Ravens and Steelers the Bills need to go 2-1 in the next 3 games. If, and if they are to dop one of the next three games it'd be favorable for that loss to come vs. the Cowboys, rather than the Phins or Jets as they are conference and more importantly divisional games. This would put the Bills at 7-4. At 7-4 you're right in the think of it with 5 games to go (a few of which look like favorable matchups too).

So with that said, do you think the Bills will win 2 of the next 3? I think they have a good shot. Dallas is going to be tough (remember if we were to drop 1 of the next 3, this would preferrably be the one). Miami will give us a fight, but that one is a must win. If we can't go down there and get the W, all of the playoff aspirations I'm hoping for will evaporate. The Jets game will be another mini Superbowl game for the Bills ala the Patriots and Jets games already this year. I expect the Bills to be a "healthy" 6 point underdog that game, and I expect they will win outright. I think the game last week was just about as bad as this team can play and it was still a game in the 4th quarter.

Everyone is cooling off on the Bills, and I certainly understand the concerns. Losing Kyle Williams is a huge blow, but let's face it we've been playing w/out him or an ineffective version of him since week 1. The biggest thing for this team is their confidence and belief that they can go toe to toe with any of their opponents. Prior to last week I had no concerns about the mojo of this team, but after lasts week setback it's a bit of a concern. The Bills have to get back on track with what they've done best this year. Scoring points on offense, and creating turnovers on defense.

Either way it's at least exciting to be in the thick of it at the midway point, as opposed to thinking about your draft positioning for next year.

For the record: I see a split the next two games (that Phins game will be tougher than people expect), which would set the 6-4 Bills up with a crucial must win vs. the 7-3 Jets (I'm prediciting the Jets beat both New England and Denver the week after that). Bills will find a way to escape the Meadowlands with a victory, with the help of Sanchez, and be atop the AFC East at 7-4 with 5 weeks to go. Should be a lot of fun!

As it stands record wise now you have the AFC West which will get 1 team in (the division winner). Same goes for the AFC South, the Titans are certainly still alive, but my feeling is the Texans will be the only team in the playoffs representing that division. That leaves 4 playoff spots open for the AFC North and AFC East (2 division winners, 2 wildcards).

In order to keep pace witht he likes of the Pats, Jets, Bengals, Ravens and Steelers the Bills need to go 2-1 in the next 3 games. If, and if they are to dop one of the next three games it'd be favorable for that loss to come vs. the Cowboys, rather than the Phins or Jets as they are conference and more importantly divisional games. This would put the Bills at 7-4. At 7-4 you're right in the think of it with 5 games to go (a few of which look like favorable matchups too).

So with that said, do you think the Bills will win 2 of the next 3? I think they have a good shot. Dallas is going to be tough (remember if we were to drop 1 of the next 3, this would preferrably be the one). Miami will give us a fight, but that one is a must win. If we can't go down there and get the W, all of the playoff aspirations I'm hoping for will evaporate. The Jets game will be another mini Superbowl game for the Bills ala the Patriots and Jets games already this year. I expect the Bills to be a "healthy" 6 point underdog that game, and I expect they will win outright. I think the game last week was just about as bad as this team can play and it was still a game in the 4th quarter.

Everyone is cooling off on the Bills, and I certainly understand the concerns. Losing Kyle Williams is a huge blow, but let's face it we've been playing w/out him or an ineffective version of him since week 1. The biggest thing for this team is their confidence and belief that they can go toe to toe with any of their opponents. Prior to last week I had no concerns about the mojo of this team, but after lasts week setback it's a bit of a concern. The Bills have to get back on track with what they've done best this year. Scoring points on offense, and creating turnovers on defense.

Either way it's at least exciting to be in the thick of it at the midway point, as opposed to thinking about your draft positioning for next year.

For the record: I see a split the next two games (that Phins game will be tougher than people expect), which would set the 6-4 Bills up with a crucial must win vs. the 7-3 Jets (I'm prediciting the Jets beat both New England and Denver the week after that). Bills will find a way to escape the Meadowlands with a victory, with the help of Sanchez, and be atop the AFC East at 7-4 with 5 weeks to go. Should be a lot of fun!

Last week's loss was tough, though I think the NFL is all about matchups and we simply don't have a good scheme/personnel for the Jets. I think this is a motivated, hungry team, and the Miami/Denver games should be no problem. If we don't beat Dallas, though, we're done; this is now a critical game for us.

As for the Jets on the road, I don't think we stand a chance. We're far more likely to beat the Patriots in Foxboro, in my opinion, especially since our superior ground game will be a significant factor in week 17.

Here's what I see happening:

@Dallas- W

@Miami- W

@New York Jets- L

Tennessee- W

@San Diego- L

Miami- W

Denver- W

@Patriots- L

I see New England grabbing 11 wins- 12 if they can beat Philly or the Jets. The Jets will take 10 or 11; their schedule, unfortunately, is significantly easier than ours from here on.

The Steelers are likely an 11 win team; Baltimore's schedule is a bit of a joke, and I see them grabbing 12 wins. Cincinnati has a fairly tough schedule, and will grab 9 or 10 wins depending on how they fare at home versus the Ravens and Steelers.

To be honest, we're in a pretty bad spot given the schedule of our closest competitors, and that's not even factoring in a possible late-season surge by teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, or Titans. It's easy to count them out, but don't forget how most people thought the Bills would be a 3 win team at this point in the season, or the fact that we were 0-8 in our first half and 4-4 in the second half of last season. I don't think we make the playoffs, but a winning record with one of the youngest starting rosters in the league would be great progress.

Good analysis by both of you. Well, we have to get to 10 wins to have any hope, and 11 might not get it done--depending on the variable of the other teams outcomes and who beats who. Those variables are uncontrollable, but what the BIlls can control are their games.

Nevertheless, I like our chances if we take care of the games we should, and sneak one out at NY or NE. Bottom-line, we have to get one of them, and I would say it probably has to be the one that loses this week in their head-to-head match up.

Of course, the best case is to beat both, but that will be extremely difficult. If I were a betting man, i would say we (the Bills) have better odds against the Pats then Jets.

Regardless: Just Win! :w00t:

Edited by CSBill

The real bottom line is ...

It's mid November and we Bills fans are trying to calculate our chances for a play off spot, and none of calculations involve a half dozen teams dying in plane crashes, earthquakes, volcanos, tornados, and blizzards.

This is the first year I can honestly say I've enjoyed watching football each and every week for a long LONG time.

Last year we were what, something like 4-12, and this year we are talking about realistic chances for the play offs half way through the season?

I love the way this team is headed, I love the teams attitude, I love me some Bills!!!

6 of our last 8 games are against teams below us in the power rankings. The Jets have the easiest time of it here on out, and NEP* is in the middle. We need to win 5 of the 6 games against teams below us (2-1 in the next three games, our toughest stretch).

The real bottom line is ...

It's mid November and we Bills fans are trying to calculate our chances for a play off spot, and none of calculations involve a half dozen teams dying in plane crashes, earthquakes, volcanos, tornados, and blizzards.

This is the first year I can honestly say I've enjoyed watching football each and every week for a long LONG time.

Last year we were what, something like 4-12, and this year we are talking about realistic chances for the play offs half way through the season?

I love the way this team is headed, I love the teams attitude, I love me some Bills!!!

I second that motion, Football is fun again in Buffalo. I hope they make the playoffs this year, but I have to say I wont be too disappointed if they don't. At this point in the season who would have thunk we would be where we are at. To me it is just building blocks for something big to come in a year or two. It is just fun to watch this team grow. In Gaily and Nix I trust.

In short, they need to win 6 out of their last 8 games and one of those wins has to come against the Jets.

It would not suck if N.E. had nothing to play for on the last day of the season.

...it is what it is.

I've stated 11 wins for weeks; I've never understood anybody who was thinking that 10-6 was good enough to get you into the playoffs.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

6 of our last 8 games are against teams below us in the power rankings. The Jets have the easiest time of it here on out, and NEP* is in the middle. We need to win 5 of the 6 games against teams below us (2-1 in the next three games, our toughest stretch).

i am thinking 4- 4 the rest of the way. teams have figured out our passing game and will take away the middle of the field , just as defenses did to the K Gun 20 years ago. Unless Chan sticks to the ground and pound game, offense will struggle from here on out. Namaan Roosevelt and Donald Jones are probably not the answer throwing downfield. No more 30 point performances from here on out, IMHO. The Jets laid out the template. If Chan adjusts successfully to this and we start putting up 30 points again, he has to be coach of the year. On defense, they can be beat. Jets are terrible and they pounded it very successfully. I don't see the defense pitching anything close to a shutout going forward. 9 - 7 is looking like where this ends up. Hard to see it any other way. Still too many missing pieces at WR, pass rush and 1st down run defense. Much much better than last year, and next year should be even better... Go Bills.

I don't see this team beating Dallas on the road this week.

Dallas 27 Buffalo 17

Agree. That score is about right. I just don't see it this week. The Jets laid out the template for beating the Bills. Empty backfield- take away the middle of the field. Run and play action passing. We shall see. If Chan finds a way to change up on offense and break out of the formula shut down by the Jets, he is absolutely the genius I happen to think he is.

I'd have to agree at this time with most of the analysts, Buffalo is not one of the best teams left in the race. Buffalo's defense is such a huge question mark right now. They really can't stop anyone at this point. I like the future of this team, but I don't feel good about this season.

I think the Jest win the East, they seam to be getting everything together at this time.

Steelers and/or Ravens should take their division with the other getting one of the wildcards.

Houston takes the South.

Raiders or Chargers will take the West.

Division Winners

Jets

Steelers

Houston

Raiders

WC

Ravens

This leaves one spot left for New England, Cincinnati, Buffalo, San Diego, Tennessee

Out of that group, I've got to say NE takes the last spot, their defense is no better than ours, but you have to give them a little something extra for experience, Brady and Belichek.

If the Bills are going to make it, they are going to have to finish 6-2. I don't think we match up well with the Jets especially in NY and a sweep against NE is highly improbable, so we're going to have to win the rest of the games.

And of course we will all be wrong about our team this week. Watch the Bills knock off Dallas........37 to 14 this week!

Yea Baby! :thumbsup:

The Bills are 5-3: all three loses are to divisional leaders.

Cinncy 23-20

NY Giants 27-24

NY Jets 27-11

I know it's been a long time since this team has been competitive and no one wants to get their hopes up, but come on people don't be so down on them.

:thumbsup:

The Bills will win the division.

Edited by Gary M

8-8 or 9-7 seems likely, and I actually felt more concerned about their level of play after the Raiders win. I just don't see how they can compete when stopping an opponent on offense has been a near impossibility(washington was the exception)

But this is not pessimism, given the way the team has played this year on offense, and how they have really fought for turnovers in games, I am very happy they're finally on the right track. They just need a real pass rusher and a defensive coordinator, and maybe a true shutdown corner.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

I'd have to agree at this time with most of the analysts, Buffalo is not one of the best teams left in the race. Buffalo's defense is such a huge question mark right now. They really can't stop anyone at this point. I like the future of this team, but I don't feel good about this season.

I think the Jest win the East, they seam to be getting everything together at this time.

Steelers and/or Ravens should take their division with the other getting one of the wildcards.

Houston takes the South.

Raiders or Chargers will take the West.

Division Winners

Jets

Steelers

Houston

Raiders

WC

Ravens

This leaves one spot left for New England, Cincinnati, Buffalo, San Diego, Tennessee

Out of that group, I've got to say NE takes the last spot, their defense is no better than ours, but you have to give them a little something extra for experience, Brady and Belichek.

If the Bills are going to make it, they are going to have to finish 6-2. I don't think we match up well with the Jets especially in NY and a sweep against NE is highly improbable, so we're going to have to win the rest of the games.

This looks about right - might swap Balt. and Pitt but it is a toss up.

I don't think Cinci gets in because they actually have to play good teams to finish the season. They haven't beaten anyone good with the possible exception of the Bills. NE gets in because of their schedule. Buffalo unfortunately doesn't get in finishing with 9 wins.