Jets were openly mocking the Bills

1billsfan

"They the same old Buffalo Bills. I don't care what nobody says," the Jets running back said on the field before kickoff, according to the New York Daily News. "They try to play that pretty ball. We play physical."

I love this quote by LT. For one, he's illiterate. And two, even in his prime, I would have never called LT "physical." The guy epitomized "pretty ball."

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823d1676/article/lt-jets-not-worried-about-bills-pretty-ball

Revis clearly wasn't concerned about who would hear the mockery since there was a CBS camera filming him and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. Sad truth was that he was right. Question is now, what do the Bills do about this next time they face them?

Sanchez runs up to McKelvin in the endzone after a TD pass and mocks him with the overly dramatic "excuse me ***hole" hands up brush by move.

Rex Ryan chest bumping Holmes.

The laughing and guffawing on the sidelines.

The Bills were openly mocked at home to a divisional team that clearly has zero fear of them since they did this knowing they still face each other in three short weeks. Sorry, but I can't ever recall seeing this kind of brashness before. As a fan of the Bills, it was truly embarrassing. What will the Bills do about it? Are they afraid of the Jets? If I were Chan I'd show the mocking on a loop in the locker room during Jet week.

I his pre game speech Tomlinson said the Bills were the same old Bills. I would replay that all week before the next game.

I love this quote by LT. For one, he's illiterate. And two, even in his prime, I would have never called LT "physical." The guy epitomized "pretty ball."

I liked him crying when the Pats were mocking Merriman's lights-out dance after knocking SD out of the playoffs for the second or third year in a row.

This team should use it as motivation plain and simple, but on a side note, I could never be a fan of a team that was full of douche bags like the jests are, regardless of whether or not they had a winning record. As a person with morals and strong character, it would bother me to even see the Bills win with players and coaches like that.

We clearly aren't good enough to play with good teams yet.

Except when we are. Like beating the Pats and Eagles and losing in the waning moments to the Giants and Cincy on the road (both of whom are 6-2...) Sure seem like the Bills can play with the good teams.

The Bills got whipped yesterday, it happens to even good teams. Take a look at the Steelers in opening week or New Orleans against the Rams. Some weeks a team just gets hammered, the important thing is how they respond to it. If they come out and lay an egg vs. the Cowboys next week this team might be in trouble but if they respond by playing a good game and pulling out a win on the road this team will be fine.

Look, what goes up must come down. Jets are a better team than we are right now but that won't last forever. They were the sad sacks of the league for a long time and it will happen again. I'd worry more about improving and not what a bunch of D*ckheads do. The best comeback it to win. I was happy to see some progress on the D line and LB. They did not run wild on us as they have in the past. We had a rook on a pro bowl center and young guys in key spots on the D line and OLB as well as ILB. They will get better and better and if fact, getting a beat-down now will serve their education well. So screw the outrage at being mocked. Their time will come and I do hope we have more class than they do when it happens.

The Bills suck, they deserve to be mocked.

We talked **** heading into the game, and got slapped in the face for it. Maybe we'll pull our heads out of our asses some day. We clearly aren't good enough to play with good teams yet.

Dork, i know we had a tough game today, but that's all simply not true

The Jets can mock all they want. They won the game. We have to go down to the Jets home turf and beat them. That's the way football works. Assuming we are going to be a contender we have to knock off the big boys. We had a chance to knock them off at home, and it didn't work out. Now we have to go down and do it the hard way. I don't see any reason we can't.

. How the hell do you not call a gimme QB sneak at 4 and inches!! This is the new 4th and stupid in my eyes.

Dude I almost smashed my TV when they did this! WTF!! If Chan keeps calling these plays he will find himself unemplyed

Exactly. It's both. It's a team loss. Not absolving Fitz and Gailey - from what I can tell, the playcalling just SUCKED and Fitz was off.

But the D certainly did their part to ensure a loss from what I could see.

Globally you're right about the 3 and out thing. I'm not sure that applies here. Focus on the 3rd Q, where we really let the game get out of hand.

Jets went 3 and out. Bills went 3 and out. Jets went 3 and out.

The Freddie fumble at our own 19 on our next possession was killer.

When we got the ball back, we put on a decent drive - but only came away with 3. That's on the O, but it did give the D a nice 4 minute rest.

What did they do with that rest? Let the Jets put on a clinic on how to score a TD in 1:20.

The Bills then put on another drive, culminating in the world's dumbest play call on 4-1, but again - the D got almost 5 minute rest.

What did they do with that rest? Let the Jets put on a sustained, 8 minute drive resulting in a TD.

So while globally you're right about the 3 and out, I don't think that ruined the D here. We came away from 2 reasonable drives in the 3rd and came away with 3 points

That SUCKS, and that's on the O

The D, at the start of the game and with reasonable "breathing time" in the 4th, let the Jets hang onto the ball for more than half the quarter. That's on them.

Our D needs to get physical and get off the field. Earn your own Damn Rest.

I completely agree with you! The Defense lost this game more than the offense. Sure, the offense needed to make some adjustments and run a damn QB sneak when you need 2 inches!

But, to add to your post, what about the 1st quarter? The Jets have the 2nd longest drive of the season! Plenty of opportunities to get off the field; they were well-rested because the game just started; but what did they do... let the Jets do anything they wanted.

Let's face it; our defense is soft and weak.

I don't know if its personnel or coaching or both; but they get zero pass rush. Zero. They're a read and react defense that lets opposing offenses have their way with them and hope for a mistake. It's maddening how poor our defense looked.

I completely agree with you! The Defense lost this game more than the offense. Sure, the offense needed to make some adjustments and run a damn QB sneak when you need 2 inches!

But, to add to your post, what about the 1st quarter? The Jets have the 2nd longest drive of the season! Plenty of opportunities to get off the field; they were well-rested because the game just started; but what did they do... let the Jets do anything they wanted.

Yeah...except, you know...score.

Let's face it; our defense is soft and weak.

I'm not going to face ****. A soft and weak defense does not come away from that kind of beating with a turnover. Ours did. THEY finished that drive, The Jets did not.

Edited by The Big Cat

One of my favourite sports quotes is by Larry Bird:

"It ain't talking **** if you can back it up!"

I was just providing the observation of the clear adolescent-like mocking by a divisional rival and what ramifications if any, in the rematch in the next few weeks.

We'll see after these three roadies.

Well, since none of us has the ability to see into the future (I assume), I guess we'll have to go with the eight games already played. Thus, 5-3 and tied atop the division doesn't "suck". Can we agree on that?

Well, since none of us has the ability to see into the future (I assume), I guess we'll have to go with the eight games already played. Thus, 5-3 and tied atop the division doesn't "suck". Can we agree on that?

Yes. The Bills played their first poor game yesterday. Given the difficulty of their schedule thus far, playing 7 other solid games and winning 5 of them does not suck by any stretch.

But, when you have not won in 11 years, no one knows where the bottom (or top)is with this team yet. When the 1991 Bills got clobbered in a game--well it was just a bad day because you knew they were good. Or like the Ravens the last two weeks before yesterday-- they were awful but no panic because they have a track record.

With this team, people fear 2008. Until this team proves it is not 2008, you don't know it's not 2008. Until then, we are trying to find out what the baseline is for this team. In my judgment, they showed enough in the first 7 games against largely quality teams to indicate they are a decent team-- not a bottom feeder any longer. A good team should be angry and bounce back with a good effort this Sunday--hopefully a winning effort-- against a mediocre Dallas team. It should be fun to see, as getting knocked down happens to everyone, it's what you do about it that counts in football and life. The weaker fans are in the fetal position. I'm thinking the team itself is stronger than that and will dust itself off and fight on-- but we shall see... CD

Edited by Casey D

You talk the talk you need to walk the walk. The Bills talked and the jets walked. End of story. Every once in a while you get your assed kicked in life and you either curl up and cry or get back up and and brush off your clothes and keep going. Let's see what they do now is what needs to be asked. Not would of could of should of type stuff. Even Chan got slapped like a red headed step child. Let them learn from it and bounce back. If not act like a B word and cry!

Yeah...except, you know...score.

I'm not going to face ****. A soft and weak defense does not come away from that kind of beating with a turnover. Ours did. THEY finished that drive, The Jets did not.

The Jets finished the GAME... our defense did not.

You honestly don't think that giving up the 2nd longest drive of the entire season doesn't indicate a major problem with our defense? Yeah, they made a great play and stopped the score on that drive. But, if they were tired and wore down in the game... its not because our offense went 3 and out... it's because they repeatedly let the Jets convert 3rd and long after 3rd and long and stayed on the field for 10 minutes... in the first quarter alone.