November Positional Needs

Astrobot

DraftTek's computer found a player for the Bills at OLB34, Courtney Upshaw. Upshaw wasn't all that during the LSU game, but he plays big, fast, and seals the edge well. He had a sack Saturday night, and Bleacher Report said Upshaw was the game's best player (which I think was Mathieu).

Round 1, Picks 1-16

Picks 17-32, including the Bills' pick

I think an RD#1 case could be made for another feature WR, a road-grader Tackle, and more CB help (could McGee have used press coverage more?)

Let's hear it. Has our thinking changed about needs after the Jets beatdown?

Astro

Edited by Astrobot

DraftTek's computer found a player for the Bills at OLB34, Courtney Upshaw. Upshaw wasn't all that during the LSU game, but he plays big, fast, and seals the edge well. He had a sack Saturday night, and Bleacher Report said Upshaw was the game's best player (which I think was Mathieu).

Round 1, Picks 1-16

I think an RD#1 case could be made for another feature WR, a road-grader Tackle, and more CB help (could McGee have used press coverage more?)

Astro

Nope same as before; QB, OLB, CB & a real NT

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Round 1, Picks 1-16

Astro

I like it!

I think you could simply Draft Players from LSU and Alabama's Defense alone and have a hell of a good Draft...What an incredible amount of Defensive talent on both Teams...Just awesome! B-)

ill take upshaw.

we need a more reliable deep threat at WR to stretch the field. not an evans type that works asa decoy, but someone that is actually a weapon. and we need help at OLB/DE. And of course we need a CB. and on top of all that, we need the rest of our players to get healthy (k williams, a williams, bellm harriston).

And I like donald jones and all, but I think they are asking too much from him right now. He hasn't developed yet. He might later on, but he isn't ready to take on the type of role they are asking of him

I like it!

I think you could simply Draft Players from LSU and Alabama's Defense alone and have a hell of a good Draft...What an incredible amount of Defensive talent on both Teams...Just awesome! B-)

That looks like a fun challenge. The problem is, LSU is so young. I have Claiborne on D and Peterson

on O coming out this year.

RD#1 Morris Claiborne LSU CB, Don'ta Hightower ILB Alabama or Courtney Upshaw OLB34 Alabama

RD#2 Josh Chapman DT43 Alabama

RD#3 Nico Johnson OLB43 Alabama

RD#4 Barrett Jones OG Alabama

RD#4 William Vlachos OC Alabama

RD#5 Deangelo Peterson TE LSU

RD#6 Marquis Maze WR Alabama

Using all the more fun games to watch from Saturday night:

RD#1 Justin Blackmon WRF Oklahoma State

RD#2 Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas or Robert Griffin QB Baylor

RD#3 Nate Potter OT Boise State

RD#4 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State

RD#4 Greg Childs WRP Arkansas

RD#5 George Iloka FS Boise State

RD#6 Zach Hanson OL KSU

RD#7 Jesse Williams DT Alabama

UDFA Tramain Thomas FS Arkansas

But no, I wouldn't want just LSU-Alabama defensive players in my draft.

I want Dre Kirkpatrick-CB-Alabama. But we would have to probably trade up to get him.

Yep. We have him as the 4th pick right now. Round1

Edited by Astrobot

Round 1, Picks 1-16

Astro

Are there any receivers who have a first round grade?

Or is this year like the James Hardy year (2008) where no receivers went in the first round?

The best second round receivers of 2008 so far are DeSean Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Eddie Royal, Jerome Simpson and Donnie Avery.

The second round busts are Devin Thomas, Hardy, Limas Sweed, Malcolm Kelly, and Dexter Jackson.

The best third rounders (at least as good as the second rounders) are Earl Bennett, Early Doucet, Harry Douglas, and Mario Manningham.

I'm not hearing any wide receiver buzz from the college ranks this year so far.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Do we want to move Wide Receiver to a high priority? Even with OLB, or just behind OLB?

That's a tough call. OLB is a definite position of need for the Bills, but you could make a case that WR is a huge need as well.

This year's WR class is tremendous, I really love Alshon Jeffery, even if he isn't as fast as Justin Blackmon, and Michael Floyd would be a great addition too. Imagine if any of these guys were paired up with Stevie. It would add a great dimension to our offensive attack.

The problem is that these guys will be highly sought after and the only way the Bills could get them would be to trade up.

If they were to stay in their position and Courtney Upshaw were to land to them, I would be happy.

Like I said it's a tough call. Who would be the top name OLB's & WR's that are more likely 2nd round candidates?

Astro,

I would be thrilled with Upshaw...I would also be thrilled if 2 out of first 3 picks are on defense and have the chance to be day one starters. I wouldn't be at all bummed with two LB's with the first two Bills picks honestly. SM probably will not be with the team, Batten got Beaten up and down the field against the Jets...to infuse the LB corps with real talent would be a major upgrade to our D. I hope that our next draft reflects this past year. Focus on D and build from the inside out. Get bigger.

Nate

Round 1, Picks 1-16

Astro

The best teams are built from inside out.So unless by some freak of nature there is a huge steal available with the 19th(or so) pick w/ a WR or CB..-we need to bolster the front 7 first.LB is the priority...but D lineman if that is the best player available.

Yes we need help almost everywhere. But we have a decent O line. We have average CBs and good safeties.We have a decent receiving corps.We have lousy LBs. We have one very good D lineman and another vg one who may have a troubling injury.No depth on the D line and one decent LB .

That's a tough call. OLB is a definite position of need for the Bills, but you could make a case that WR is a huge need as well.

This year's WR class is tremendous, I really love Alshon Jeffery, even if he isn't as fast as Justin Blackmon, and Michael Floyd would be a great addition too. Imagine if any of these guys were paired up with Stevie. It would add a great dimension to our offensive attack.

The problem is that these guys will be highly sought after and the only way the Bills could get them would be to trade up.

If they were to stay in their position and Courtney Upshaw were to land to them, I would be happy.

Like I said it's a tough call. Who would be the top name OLB's & WR's that are more likely 2nd round candidates?

Alson Jeffery fan here as well...but hes got first round grade??