How to beat the Jets?

Here's my gameplan: They're gonna blitz and single cover Nelson and Stevie. This game is ripe for the screeen/draw. Feed Freddie, and then attempt the deep middle shot to Chandler. On D, all you gotta do is get in Sanchez's face. Don't necessarily ahve to get to him, he'll turn the ball over. What are your keys to the game?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the Jills go barefoot. Rex will be so distracted he won't even be able to speak.

The Jets running game doesn't scare me. The Bills have been damn solid against the run so hit Sanchez in the mouth and he'll throw picks galore.

The 12th man will be HUGE this game!

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I've watched a lot of tape on Revis, and his strength is on the outside as he uses the sidelines very well, better than anyone. He's vulnerable to timed passes on the outside but you have to be perfect on them. Where hs is mediocre, IMO (Mediocre not the right word as he is still way above average) is covering people in space. If he is assigned to SJ, then SJ needs to play in the slot if he hopes to have a chance of catching a few balls. If we do attack him on the outside, then there is ALWAYS a split second where he looks away to get his bearings. He does this on go routes all the time. What he does is on go routes, he turns away from the receiver and darts to the sidelines cutting off the route to the receiver, impeading their progress. This isn't pass interference as he's the first to this spot and ahead. This is his whole technique, and uses the sidelines better than anyone perhaps ever. In the middle though, SJ with his clever moves can beat him in the slot. I would still not have Fitzy throw to him too often, to be honest because Revis is a referee darling, and can do no wrong. Best to attack on the ground to open the passing game. Lot's of screens, and down the seam type passing. On defense, if we can get to Sanchez like we did Beck (Not likely) then I wouldn't worry too much about pulling this one out.

The Jet's will be up for this game, so we better be ready! However, unlike previous years, I feel pretty good about our chances.

Bills 23 Jets 10

Tim-

do not throw to revis's side. period. Knock sanchez around and he'll throw up ducks that our def will take to the house. Let freddy run wild...mcfadden ran for 176 yards, green-ellis ran for 136 in those jets losses(the balt game was just special teams and fumble returns)

Here's my gameplan: They're gonna blitz and single cover Nelson and Stevie. This game is ripe for the screeen/draw. Feed Freddie, and then attempt the deep middle shot to Chandler. On D, all you gotta do is get in Sanchez's face. Don't necessarily ahve to get to him, he'll turn the ball over. What are your keys to the game?

We will learn exactly how to beat the Puddle Jumpers on Sunday! Gailey...take us to school!

Stop Sean Green, and make Sanchez throw the ball, get in his face when he does. Come up with safety blitzes and other blitz packages like in the Washington game.

On offense: do not throw to Revis. Throw to Nelson, Chandler, and screens to Spiller. Run Freddie wild after opening up the running game with the passing game.

with our "spread the ball around" mentality on offense, Revis will not be matched on any one WR, instead he will take a side of the field and shut it down, its what hes done against the patriots in the past (and the steelers sunday, but the steelers did a great job of playing despite him)- so, on offense we do what we have been doing to every team, spread the ball around and hit the open man, and pound the rock with Freddie - key to the game will be Wood on Paea (sp?) hes a mountain of a man and if we can move him consistently when hes in the game, we can bang the rock all day...the Jets CAN be run on and must be to win this game (also as others mentioned, screens and draws are a must to nullify any pass rush)

On defense, same as the skins' plan...stuff the run (skins are a better rushing team) and beat your 1 on 1 matchups along the front, and mix in some blitzes to force turnovers...

Per a Jets fan:

I just dont see the Bills being able to do anything offensively at all.

I mean you put Revis on Johnson, and Fjax is literally the only other player the bills have on that team, period.

You know sure as **** with 2 weeks to prepare the entire gameplan is going to be shut down Fjax. And considering the Bills lack of aerial talent, im expecting Fjax to be running into an 8 man box every single play

Per a Jets fan:

I mean you put Revis on Johnson, and Fjax is literally the only other player the bills have on that team, period.

You know sure as **** with 2 weeks to prepare the entire gameplan is going to be shut down Fjax. And considering the Bills lack of aerial talent, im expecting Fjax to be running into an 8 man box every single play

Their coachy Rexy challenged every team to beat the Pats*. Only two teams have done it and neither is the Jests.

Third place must suck. I expect the 12th Man to play a big part this week.

This is going to be a fun game to watch.

Chan vs Rex.

Both head coaches take pride in the side of the ball they came up on.

It will be low scorring i think.

Fitz will need to be decisive with his throws. Wouldn't expect too many long developing pass plays.

Sanchez is an average QB. If he was playing in any other market he would not get anywhere near the pub he gets.

Jets Oline if healthy is going to be one of the better ones the Bills will face.

Best matchup might be Mangold vs Dareus.

It will be close 17-14 Buffalo.

Per a Jets fan:

Man I hope that's what the jets are thinking too

Per a Jets fan:

Beautiful.

Let all of their fans, players and coaches think that.