Who else is starting to think Kyle Williams

Estro

Here's Williams media session from today:

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Kyle-Williams-on-His-Injury-Situation/9010ea88-0d32-481b-b286-130f338e1f30

He looks pretty dejected when talking about the injury and it really doesn't sound all that promising. Says he's not even able to jog and it doesn't seem to be making much progress. This would be a pretty big blow to the Bills D. I think this injury also explains why you haven't seen the explosive plays out of KW that you're used to seeing. I believe he's been playing hamstrung by this injury since week 1. He's obviously an integral part of our defense, and a leader so losing him would be a major dissapointment.

No KW hurts the run D, but it also severely negates our pass rush. He was monster when it came to penetrating up the middle and his lack of explosiveness this season has afforded opposing QB's a lot of extra time to look downfield in passing situations.

Hopefully it heals up with some time. There is no sense in rushing back from it because it's obvious he's not very effective playing with this injury either. Like I said , I'm starting to get the feeling this may be more of a 4-6 week type of injury if not longer rather than 1-2 weeks.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It kind of reminds me of when Schobel was out a few years back. Not sure if it was turf toe or what, but he was definitely hurting that year. I remember he was in and out of games and eventually ended up on IR. Really hope this doesn't happen to Kyle!

I absolutely believe it's serious. Anything that could/would keep KW out of a game has to be more than a "nagging" injury.

It's really a shame that the team has an opportunity to do something special and the ONE guy who was showing up consistently for the defense the last couple of years might have to be put on the shelf.

Even if he doesn't go on the shelf I don't see him regaining much of his explosiveness this season. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am a doctor LOL. Seriously though, I hope Troupe heals up and shows something, or else I think bringing in a Kelly Gregg type veteran to spell Williams would be a good idea for next year.

Williams injury is def. serious. This guy is a gamer, and he would not sit out games unless the injury was very severe. Unfortuniatly, Troupe's back problem appears to be chronic, going back to his college days. I doubt it ever goes away--he should never have been drafted as high as he was, esp. with Cody available. We need to draft more DL and OLB next year.

Honestly, if it's something that is lingering and could be long term if he doesn't take care of it now, I'd rather see us put him on IR.

I'm not necessarily throwing this season away, but in reality, I think we need to look at next season and the ones after that more than this one. Play it conservative, let him rest and recover, same with Merriman, let our young guys take advantage of the playing time, and all of a sudden next year we have crazy depth when everyone is healthy. :)

Its obviously more serious than we thought when it first happened. I thought that Kyle would maybe miss the Giants game and then after getting a bye week to heal up he would be ready for the Skins at close to 100%. But seeing that he is likely out for the Skins game its something that might force him to shut it down for a while.

I hope its just something he might be able to rest up for the next 3-5 games and be back for the home stretch for a hopeful playoff push. This injury is also a bit of a wildcard, it wasn't suppose to look that serious when it happened but its clearly hurting him.

Honestly, just like McGee over Greer or any other similarities that I'm too tired to point to, we overpaid for Williams and should have traded him when he was worth the highest value your ever gonna get got him. Just my .02 but I'm sure I'll get burned, stabbed, stoned, and hung to death for saying this.

Honestly, just like McGee over Greer or any other similarities that I'm too tired to point to, we overpaid for Williams and should have traded him when he was worth the highest value your ever gonna get got him. Just my .02 but I'm sure I'll get burned, stabbed, stoned, and hung to death for saying this.

I agree. Spiller's another great example. Could have moved him while there was still some perceived upside. Now we'll be saddled with the dude until we cut him maybin style. We should also think hard about moving fitzpatrick and jackson asap while they still have some value. As crazy as it sounds, dareus shouldn't be far behind...we're at least seven years away from fielding a competitive roster, at which time dareus will be on the backside off his career.

Williams injury is def. serious. This guy is a gamer, and he would not sit out games unless the injury was very severe. Unfortuniatly, Troupe's back problem appears to be chronic, going back to his college days. I doubt it ever goes away--he should never have been drafted as high as he was, esp. with Cody available. We need to draft more DL and OLB next year.

Yeah apparently its his heel area, and he cannot push off of it at all...not only does this sound like a problem that could derail his season, it sounds like one of those issues that could derail his career if it becomes a chronic condition that keeps coming back and coming back, sort of like what Peter Forsberg had...

It ain't looking good for Kyle. I've got a feeling Kyle & Merriman will be out a few weeks as the Bills med staff see if they will improve... and then, if they're not back by week 11, I believe they will be shut down and placed on IR. For Merriman, it is sianara... he's done I believe. You can't pay out that much cash for so little. Bills really need a mountian in the middle too.... a space eater... Kyle is not that guy. Kyle needs to be moved into Dwan Edwards spot.

I agree. Spiller's another great example. Could have moved him while there was still some perceived upside. Now we'll be saddled with the dude until we cut him maybin style. We should also think hard about moving fitzpatrick and jackson asap while they still have some value. As crazy as it sounds, dareus shouldn't be far behind...we're at least seven years away from fielding a competitive roster, at which time dareus will be on the backside off his career.

Johnson, wood and Levitre might bundle for a good pick or two. Also. This team needs draft picks not talent!