Carson Palmer to Raiders

judman

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Oakland didn't just sign David Garrard. If Oakland misses the playoffs this season, this will go down as one of the most one-sided trades of all time.

JAX told the Raiders Garrard was unavailable as he needs back surgery.

Must be Hell froze over... (note: still tentative)

Link

The Raiders would be CRAZY to give up a first round pick and take on that salary. He is getting up in age as well. You have to remember they are doing this to win this year and he doesn't even know the playbook or offense. There is an adjustment period and it will be a little to late.

What do you do with him next year? Cambell has been playing great for them.

If Cincy can pull out a first round pick...wow! Great for Cincy.

I don't understand why Oakland didn't just sign David Garrard. If Oakland misses the playoffs this season, this will go down as one of the most one-sided trades of all time.

I agree, I forgot to also mention he hasn't played foootball in over a year. How's his conditioning even right now? Oh yea he hasn't been very good for the last 3-4 years.

Your right. This can go down as one of the biggest one-sided trades of all time.

This looks really good for the Bengals

yeah it does. Andy Dalton looks like a great QB in the making and AJ Green is the man. They have a nice D and now get to pad their team with a a couple additional first round picks. I give Raiders credit it too. They must feel that they are on the cusp and chose to make a deal to win now. We will see how it plays out

two firsts? Wow I just don't see it. Palmer had better perform to justify a trade of that magnitude. Then again..its the raiders and they have the history of making something out of players not expected to do much. Plunkett, Hendricks, even LaMonica. Hey Raiders, surprise me again!

yeah it does. Andy Dalton looks like a great QB in the making and AJ Green is the man. They have a nice D and now get to pad their team with a a couple additional first round picks. I give Raiders credit it too. They must feel that they are on the cusp and chose to make a deal to win now. We will see how it plays out

The Bengals might be the team to watch in the next 2-4 years.

Carson Palmer is a Drew Bledsoe clone in just about every way imaginable. This is the Bledsoe trade all over again.

It's actually MUCH WORSE. You are giving up two potential first round picks for a stop back QB to win this year, taking on a gigantic salary and hasn't played football in over a year, no regular condition and doesn't know a single thing about the Raiders offensive scheme/playbook. They are making this move to win this year...Campbell has been playing great and could have certainly taken them to the playoffs if he had not gotten hurt.

EPIC FAIL!