Carson Palmer to Raiders

judman

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUICK! Give them Fitz for two 1st rounders!! Fitz has outplayed Palmer for the last couple of years. Palmer is a 32 year old QB who has been on a downward spiral since 2007. This makes NO SENSE for the Raidahs. They need a stop gap, not to mortgage the future. As another poster asked, what happens when Jason Campbell comes back? I guarantee you they won't get a 1st from any other team in the league for either one of those two.

Wow, the Bengals GM pulled a Jedi Mind Trick on this one.

Unless Palmer has been sandbagging the past two seasons or so, this is one of the most one-sided deals I've ever heard of. Just stupid. They're going to give up two 1st rounders for a guy that probably won't be playing for them next season? Unreal.

It's actually MUCH WORSE. You are giving up two potential first round picks for a stop back QB to win this year, taking on a gigantic salary and hasn't played football in over a year, no regular condition and doesn't know a single thing about the Raiders offensive scheme/playbook. They are making this move to win this year...Campbell has been playing great and could have certainly taken them to the playoffs if he had not gotten hurt.

EPIC FAIL!

Jackson was on the offensive staff in cincy for several years. Though not as OC, I'm sure theres relationships, Verbiage consistency, etc.... You'd think Jackson would take into account what he thinks a learning curve would be.

Palmer last year had Ocho _I lost a step- Cinco, and T-OMG-0 who were both more interested at that time in their reality show than football. (matter fact he did better with the rookies than those two.)

That said it smells as WIN ONE IN MEMORY OF AL AT ALL COST type moves.

If Palmer plays well enough to put the Raiders into the playoffs before the Bills(I don't think this is out of the question), will that still make this the worst trade in history(as some posts have indicated)?

I was going to say the same thing.

We'll see how Palmer plays given that he'll actually have a huge threat of a running game and some pretty good young WRs to run an offense with, and NOT a career criminal at RB and 2 aging malcontents at WR.

If Palmer plays well enough to put the Raiders into the playoffs before the Bills(I don't think this is out of the question), will that still make this the worst trade in history(as some posts have indicated)?

The Raiders would have to at least go to the AFC finals this year and be a playoff team the next 3 years to justify this trade. Because the Raiders have no picks next year this team better get it done.

If they were willing to trade 2 #1s they could have traded for Luck.

PTR

The Raiders would have to at least go to the AFC finals this year and be a playoff team the next 3 years to justify this trade. Because the Raiders have no picks next year this team better get it done.

If they were willing to trade 2 #1s they could have traded for Luck.

PTR

He wouldn't be the first aging veteran QB to have his career resurrected with the Raiders. ;)

There is no way a team that is going to finish in the middle of the pack(Oakland), would be able to trade two #1 picks to move up to the top slot. Keep dreaming. :doh:

Carson Palmer is a Drew Bledsoe clone in just about every way imaginable. This is the Bledsoe trade all over again.

You may be right, but I think this would be a worse trade by the Raiders. Palmer's play has slipped over the last two seasons, likely the toll of too many injuries. To give up that much, to have him join in the middle of the season, is just nuts. And, from what they were saying, Campbell should be ready to play again this season...I know they don't want to fall out of playoff contention, but hell, I don't think Palmer is a guarantee to help them, this season, at all. And then, what do you do next season? You have a healthy Campbell, who was playing very well, and an old, broken Palmer who you overpaid for? You can't play both of them, so you either have to trade one, cut them, or have one very unhappy backup QB on your hands.

I really think the Raiders would be better off going with their backup, or signing someone like Trent Edwards (he at least knows their playbook), and just pound the ball with McFadden and Bush, until Campbell is back...dumb move by the Raiders... even though Al loved the long ball, even he knew the importance of having someone mobile at QB...

ok read the report on NFL.com it is NOT a done deal and being reported for a 1st round draft pick. Now 9 out of 10 times the report isnt completly correct bet it is a conditional pick as HIGH as a 1st round pick and as low as a 3rd. Based on different criteria.

First in 2012 and a secondin 2013 that could become a first.

This is an ass raping of the Raiders by Cincy. If Cincy drafts well with these picks, they could be a VERY VERY good team in the near future. Especially with Dalton and Green to build your team around.